“Just for a drink”

Golden Coast Beach Hotel
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful spot, fantastic views, a small harbour, ayia triad. . We have been to a wedding reception there and it was amazing. Decided to pop in for a drink. We ordered at the outside bar, the lady serving did not appear to understand English, or the till for that matter ! I wanted to use my wifi to speak to my granddaughter and give her my congratulations on the purchase of her first home . I went to reception to enquirer about the number I needed and was told I had to pay for the wifi. Considering that most of the areas.in I. Cyprus now offer free wifi, and this hotel makes a lot of money out of tourists I was very disappointed and amazed that they were charging for wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Polly G
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We and our team thank you for feedback from your recent visit to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed the views of our hotel and that you have found the wedding reception amazing. We apologize for the service you had experienced at the bar. We ensure that all our bar staff are qualified in speaking English and trained to use the till, however I assume the lady who served you was one of our newly employed workers. Regarding the WiFi, most hotels in the area of Protaras charge for the use of this service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We would be more than happy to accommodate you as a guest on your next visit to Cyprus.

Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

First time I have been on an all inclusive holiday and I was very impressed with this one. Paid extra for a double room with sea view even though there was only me in the room. Would certainly pay for same again. Food was extremely varied, plentiful and excellent. I have read all inclusive reviews before where it has been said that food was monotonous with the same every meal and food left out all day. This was not the case here - there were different dishes on offer at every meal and always lots of it. Unfortunately we had three days of constant rain and thunderstorms and hotels are not equipped to deal with rainy days, but it did not spoil a good holiday. The hotel was slightly dated but very clean and the gardens, which included two churches used for weddings, were well kept and very pretty. Even though it was quite a large hotel, there were plenty of sun beds provided and even a towel provided for every person to use for sunbathing or swimming. Tea and coffee were provided in the rooms as were free safety deposit boxes. All in all, a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: I paid for sea view, but none of the rooms seemed to have a bad view, so not strictly necessary.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank magbod
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We and our team thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us and for your great feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff. As you said, unfortunately the weather was not good for those three days, something unusual for this time of year in Cyprus.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had our wedding at the Golden Coast Hotel just last week (May 2014) and would certainly recommend it. The hotel is lovely, spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We had a sea view room with a stunning view of the beach and little chapel which was beautiful. The food was good every day with lots of choice. Our wedding day was really special and made more so by Maria the wedding co-ordinator at the hotel, she was so helpful and I cannot thank her enough for the genuine effort and heart she puts into her work, an amazing, lovely lady. We would certainly return here, its a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room for the amazing view, its well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ashleyj56

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We and our team are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made your wedding day special. We are very grateful for your compliments about our staff, food, stunning views and cleanliness of the hotel. I will pass on your gratitude to Maria.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just came back from a great week at Golden Coast Hotel, brilliant.
Starting with the location i was pleasantly surprised, convenient and literally on the beach with a small harbour on the side. We had a sea view room with wonderful landscape, really comfortable and clean.
The staff there was very friendly and helpful and since our arrival in the hotel's reception we could feel willigness of the staff to make our holidays special. I've been there with my girlfriend but we could see how the staff and animation team managed to help in any way families with children.
Food was excelent, at every meal that we had i couldn't help my self deciding what to eat, everything looked so nice and tasty.
Service was great, waiters always willing serve you and as it seems everybody during meals was very happy and pleased.
For every visitor there i recommend a massage at the hotel's spa. it was amazing, relaxing and professional.
My next visit to Cyprus will be at Golden Coast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh A
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you for sharing your expierience from your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff. We are grateful for your great compliments about the food, staff service and spa treatments offered by our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my first holiday on my own with just my daughter. The hotel could not of been any more helpful staff where very friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family and I would certainly go back in the future. Lovely beautiful place.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank julietdew
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you for your great feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to the Golden Coast Hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a beautiful Hotel! Right on the beach with wonderful views of the bay. The staff were so friendly - nothing too much trouble. The food was great with plenty of choice every mealtime. No problem to get a sunbed wherever you wanted to be.
We were concerned by some of the reviews people had left but we could find no fault. For a 4 star Hotel we would definately give it the thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Possibly ask for a sea view - but as we were hardly in our room it didn't bother us to be at the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at the Golden Coast Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the overall service met your expectations. We are grateful for your positive compliments about the food quality and staff service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was really the most wonderful holiday I have ever been. The Hotel and its atmosphere was marvelous. All the staff was very friendly and the food was delicious, excellent. I rally would like and I would be really glad to visit this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone comming to this lovely place. It has a beautiful view to the sea and a lovely church and a small port on the other side which made me feel I am in paradise. Thanks for everything

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you very much for your great feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the food quality and staff service met your expectations. It is very special to be referred as 'the most wonderful holiday I have ever been' and we are very grateful for this compliment.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and hope to see you again at our hotel within the near future.