“Absolutely fab. Had my wedding there 2013”

Golden Coast Beach Hotel
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Dont believe the bad reviews. Had our wedding in this hotel in september 2013. Lovely hotel. Very friendly staff. Wedding coordinator lovely. Animation staff absolutely fab. Food lovely. Location lovely. Only thing i will say is that when we got there we had to pay a lot of extras for our wedding. Not the hotels fault. Thompsons fault for miss adveirtising in their brochures. Stelios one of the waiters was so very helpful. Katerina (hope i have spelt that right)should do as my name is Katrina lol and her other friends at the bar were lovely to the point where my son wanted one of their phone numbers. Our wedding was absolutely fab. Had such a laugh at the hairdressers when having my hair and makeup done with my maid of honour. We meet some really lovely people there that we are still in contact with and always will be. Only 1 down falls lots of ignorant Russians . Will defo go back. Well worth a visit x

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katrina N
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We and our team are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your wedding was coordinated to your satisfaction. We thank you for your compliments about the food, staff and the location of our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned home from one of the best holidays I ever had. I have been in Cyprus many times, however the Golden Coast is without doubt the best hotel I have been to up to now. We stayed in a sea view room which view was amazing (I recommend this type of room). The staff is exceptionally friendly and very helpful. The food was delicious and with a great variety. The entertainment was very good as we always had something to do. Overall, I really can’t find any flaws from our stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel. We are surely going to go again next year

2  Thank markmakevic
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We and our team thank you for sharing your recent experience from your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel .

We are very pleased to read that you had an excellent holiday and that you believe that our hotel is the best you have been up to now. Thank you for your great compliments about the food, entertainment and staff service. It is very special to read that you haven't found flaws from your stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We are looking forward to welcome you back next year.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful spot, fantastic views, a small harbour, ayia triad. . We have been to a wedding reception there and it was amazing. Decided to pop in for a drink. We ordered at the outside bar, the lady serving did not appear to understand English, or the till for that matter ! I wanted to use my wifi to speak to my granddaughter and give her my congratulations on the purchase of her first home . I went to reception to enquirer about the number I needed and was told I had to pay for the wifi. Considering that most of the areas.in I. Cyprus now offer free wifi, and this hotel makes a lot of money out of tourists I was very disappointed and amazed that they were charging for wifi.

2  Thank Polly G
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We and our team thank you for feedback from your recent visit to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed the views of our hotel and that you have found the wedding reception amazing. We apologize for the service you had experienced at the bar. We ensure that all our bar staff are qualified in speaking English and trained to use the till, however I assume the lady who served you was one of our newly employed workers. Regarding the WiFi, most hotels in the area of Protaras charge for the use of this service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We would be more than happy to accommodate you as a guest on your next visit to Cyprus.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

First time I have been on an all inclusive holiday and I was very impressed with this one. Paid extra for a double room with sea view even though there was only me in the room. Would certainly pay for same again. Food was extremely varied, plentiful and excellent. I have read all inclusive reviews before where it has been said that food was monotonous with the same every meal and food left out all day. This was not the case here - there were different dishes on offer at every meal and always lots of it. Unfortunately we had three days of constant rain and thunderstorms and hotels are not equipped to deal with rainy days, but it did not spoil a good holiday. The hotel was slightly dated but very clean and the gardens, which included two churches used for weddings, were well kept and very pretty. Even though it was quite a large hotel, there were plenty of sun beds provided and even a towel provided for every person to use for sunbathing or swimming. Tea and coffee were provided in the rooms as were free safety deposit boxes. All in all, a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: I paid for sea view, but none of the rooms seemed to have a bad view, so not strictly necessary.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank magbod
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We and our team thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us and for your great feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff. As you said, unfortunately the weather was not good for those three days, something unusual for this time of year in Cyprus.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had our wedding at the Golden Coast Hotel just last week (May 2014) and would certainly recommend it. The hotel is lovely, spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We had a sea view room with a stunning view of the beach and little chapel which was beautiful. The food was good every day with lots of choice. Our wedding day was really special and made more so by Maria the wedding co-ordinator at the hotel, she was so helpful and I cannot thank her enough for the genuine effort and heart she puts into her work, an amazing, lovely lady. We would certainly return here, its a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room for the amazing view, its well worth it.
4  Thank ashleyj56

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We and our team are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made your wedding day special. We are very grateful for your compliments about our staff, food, stunning views and cleanliness of the hotel. I will pass on your gratitude to Maria.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just came back from a great week at Golden Coast Hotel, brilliant.
Starting with the location i was pleasantly surprised, convenient and literally on the beach with a small harbour on the side. We had a sea view room with wonderful landscape, really comfortable and clean.
The staff there was very friendly and helpful and since our arrival in the hotel's reception we could feel willigness of the staff to make our holidays special. I've been there with my girlfriend but we could see how the staff and animation team managed to help in any way families with children.
Food was excelent, at every meal that we had i couldn't help my self deciding what to eat, everything looked so nice and tasty.
Service was great, waiters always willing serve you and as it seems everybody during meals was very happy and pleased.
For every visitor there i recommend a massage at the hotel's spa. it was amazing, relaxing and professional.
My next visit to Cyprus will be at Golden Coast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh A
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you for sharing your expierience from your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff. We are grateful for your great compliments about the food, staff service and spa treatments offered by our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Coast Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my first holiday on my own with just my daughter. The hotel could not of been any more helpful staff where very friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family and I would certainly go back in the future. Lovely beautiful place.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank julietdew
Alexis T, Reservations Officer at Golden Coast Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest

We and our team thank you for your great feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our staff.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to the Golden Coast Hotel.