“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Lincoln, UK
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

In July 2008, my family and I visited the Golden Coast Hotel for two weeks. We went all inclusive which in my opinion is the best way to enjoy a holiday. My kids absolutely loved the animation team, they made their holiday very fun. My husband and I, were satisfied with the rooms and the restaurent. And we would recommend this to any family with children from the ages of 0-15 years of age.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank cheekyabs10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

i am just home from golden coast today, 11 of us went over for a week for my sisters wedding. it is hands down the best and most friendly hotel ive ever visited. the animation guys are top drawer, nothing is ever too much trouble for them. they work 100% day and night. I WILL DEF BE BACK HERE SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE!!!!
GEORGE

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

We came to the Golden Coast with 3 other couples yesterday and we have enjoyed more than 24 hours at this hotel (2 more days to go). I have been so impressed with the serivce of this 4 star hotel that I had to write this review while I am still here!
We are all inclusive - extremely good value as the hotel is not located very near anything - quite a residential area inland. All Inclusive is a good idea especially if you don't intend to do very much out of the hotel and just want to chill out. The food here is excellent - you are spoilt for choice for all three meals. There is something for everyone and the restaurant manager makes a point of coming to your table at every meal to check that all is well. The staff go out of their way to make things comfortable and enjoyable.
The room is light and airy - we all have seaview rooms. Clean and comfortable.
The pool area has plenty going on. The "animation team" is fantastic and there are activities if you are so inclined. The drinks are free flowing. Beer is draught Stella, Wine is very good too. All soft drihks, ice tea, hot drinks including herbal teas, cocktails, liqueurs etc. Snacks are available as well ie if you have any room left to eat it in between meals!
Wireless internet is free in the lobby and area outside if you have your own laptop. Otherwise they have computers there at a small charge (3 euros half hour).
Beach is nice. Situated next to a small marina in a bay. There is a watersports at one end (you can try negotiating prices there!). Boat trips down the coast are also available at the marina from 10 euros per person.
This hotel is about 10 mins car drive away from the Protaras "strip" where there is nightlife. However if you just want to have a relaxing holiday with good weather and all the facilities, this is perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank karenbeanpole
Peterborough, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

I have recently come back from Golden Coast and cannot wait to go back again. I went out as part of a group for my friends wedding and absolutely loved our stay. We actually described it as being 'paradise'. The views from our room, the pool and even when eating dinner are amazing with the surrounding sea. The staff are all so friendly and cannot do enough to help. The reps are so good with children of all ages, with lots to keep them entertained to parents can relax if they wanted to. Entertainment in the evening was actually better than any other holiday i've been on, they work hard for it to be enjoyable to children and adults. The food was lovely and there is something for everyone, even fussy eaters!! My friends wedding day went very smoothly with no problems and we all really enjoyed it. The hairdressers on site are amazing, we were all so pleased and they make you feel very welcome and calm nerves by cracking open a bottle of champagne or two!! The hotel is one of the cleanest i've ever seen, maid service every day. There isn't much to do outside the hotel that is walking distance, but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel with services every 20 minutes, costing 1 Euro 50 wherever you go. We went to WaterWorld (water park) in Ayia Napa, which was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to couples, families with children and wedding parties without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank ClaireBearJones
lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

top hotel ,top service food great. really enjoyed our stay ,would certainly go again .please ignore any negative comments

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nitram999
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

stayed at this hotel as myself and my partner were getting married here with family arriving later for wedding.my first impressions were very good as hotel was lovely on the eye and had beautiful view of pool and beach as we were upgraded and i hate to sound ungratefull but there were many flaws ie THE RESTAURANT as you entered the restaurant the duty manager would shake your hand as if he"d known you all of his life even though on 8th night he asked myself and my partner if it were our first night,yes embarrissing.while in restaurant subjected to andy the local crooner .if i was not suicidal before the meal i was now.he would belt out love songs in his very own style.later we found out this was the begining of a very long night for andy as he was also the hotel night porter.beleive it or not he was a worse night porter than singer as he struggled to provide tea and coffee for room.another tip hotel private beach is not private and you will be charged for sunbeds.stay on the grass and your fine.as for the food i thought there was not a great choice than i expected as it was a supposed to be a good 4 star wedding hotel.i was hoping there would be more basic choices ie chicken fillet,fish without fancy sauces.tennis was 12 euros each to hire rackets next time i"ll bring my own ha ha.in the morning there was no ommlette station so you had to wait to see the duty manager to order eggs etc as the fried eggs in buffet were never cooked.I told you before about every mealtime the managers shaking your hand like a long lost brother this became annoying as they would interupt your meal to shake your hand and ask if everything was ok.on one occassion my dad said that the eggs were not cooked well enough to the manager and he dissapeared so quick it was unbeleivable.the gym was very good along with all pools indoor and out.all reception staff were very helpfull but for one .I don t know this young dark haired females name but she was the only hotel receptionist who had uk/english accent.if you asked for something she would look at you like something she had trodden in.I once asked her to photocopy some documents for the forthcoming wedding,boy was she not happy .you would have thought i asked her to swim to israel by the look on her face.last whinge see what you think .our wedding cake was exactly half eaten after wedding and hotel kindly offered to put it in their fridge .the following day when we asked for the cake it was no longer half a cake as somebody had took a piece of our wedding cake.cheeky or what.But can i just say the staff who co ordinated our wedding were top notch esp. NKKI MARIA AND THE FAB FATHER MICHAEL CRAWFORD oh betty.thanks from gavin and lisa

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jagsEngland
somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

We travelled to this hotel in the first week of may 2009 and what a fantastic hotel it is.
We arrived at the hotel at 1.30am and the staff were ready to greet us and had even cooked food for all of us just incase we were peckish!!
Stayed all inclusive which i would reccomend as the prices for food and drink is a bit steep.
The hotel was in my opinion a 4 star even though others dont think so. I always stay at a 4 or 5 star and this was one of my favourites. Immaculatly clean and very moden reception, spacious rooms and definatly worth having a sea view.
The food was great with loads of choice from chips, pasta. salads roast and tradition cypriot food. Im a very fussy eater and i found enough to eat. Didnt repeat the same food every day as some have said.
The hotel is a bit remote but hop into a taxi and 5 mins your on the main strip of protaras (cost us around 8 euros fare) The hotel has a costal path which will take you there by foot too.
Saw a wedding whilst we were there and it was fab i can see why its so popular to get married there.

Overall a great time was had by all our group and the weather was around 25 degrees with a nice breeze.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family