“Excellent when we eventually got in there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iliada Beach Hotel

Iliada Beach Hotel
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
“Excellent when we eventually got in there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Arrived at 3.30am and were immediately slapped on with all inclusive bands, bundled into a taxi and all 8 of us taken to the Antigoni, the hotel from Hell. Next day walked all the way back to the Iliada and were told that there were rooms available the next day, only 2 rooms with upgraded sea views, and 2 rooms with side sea view rooms. We were told that we could have the other sea view rooms on the Friday. We agreed to this. On the Friday on the move again to the sea view rooms, considering we arrived on Monday morning this was nearly a week living out of cases! However once we were all in it was fantastic. We also had a free fridge and safe for the fortnight and a late check out all gratis! The hotel is a bit dated, but very clean. The staff are all so friendly they really make you feel welcome. Special mentions to Costas, Ken and Makis. There is not a lot of choice of food, but you can always find something to eat and it was delicious. This was a very relaxing hotel not suitable for children. The all inclusive drinks were strong! I would go back to this hotel again if it wasn't always over booked! Thanks to Lisa our rep

1 Thank hoildayhun

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

It is a shame that the rest of protarus make a real effort to welcome tourists, the shops are great, anyone will give you assistance, and the local residents are very friendly and interested in tourists. However over booking will ruin this location as many people just will not return, we arrived at 1am monday morning, my sister and i are disabled we had my 2 year old grandson with us and we had to wait for a taxi and relocate to another hotel. the night porter is just that and not a receptionist or admin person, when we arrived he had his hand bandaged as someone had tried to take the overbooking issue out on him.
nearly everyone in the Antigoni which is where we were moved to was there because of overbooking, the food there is not at all as a high standard as the illiada and neither are the rooms. my grandson had to sleep on the floor as there was not a family room nor any where else for him to sleep.
we waited until weds to be relocated as they could not offer us adjoining rooms with my sister, even though we had confirmed this at time of booking.
there is no correlation with the holiday you book in your local travel agent at home to the holiday you get. we arrived at the illiada on weds to find an invite for a welcome meetingfrom our travel rep for the monday passed, so its obvious she hadnt made any effort to find out where we were.
what the hotels dont tell you and this is a perk is that tsokkos own 30 hotels in the region and if you get the full board sweetener with your wrist band you can then access any tsokkoa hotel and eat and drink there for free.
the illiadas air conditioning is poor, it doesnt really coo they will bring it to your hotel.l the air and we had to hire fans from holihire.if you need anything for your holiday, prams,fans, cots, microwaves, anything really

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Arrived 7pm 10th Oct, (having got up at 3am to get to Leeds airport), to find it's overbooked. Stood my ground and they reduced our exile from 4 nights to only 1, and they threw in the usual freebies.Other guests from different travel companies had the same gripe, I felt sorry for the Reps.
They have a jewel of a hotel there, and they throw it away with overbooking, scruffy corridors, stained carpets. Four-star ? I don't think so. Brilliant location, nice staff, decent food but not spectacular.
Our first time in Cyprus, and we're already looking to go again next year but probably not to Iliades. Rumours have it that Thos Cook are dropping it from their brochure because they are shelling out so much in compensation for overbooking.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Had a nice time at Iliada. Go to Protaras twice a year and have done for last 13 years. Fancied a change of hotel. The staff and cleaners are amazing. Food nice. We were very disappointed in the location of our room. Side sea view was in fact tree view. Also it was overlooked by the reception area of hotel and so there was no privacy on balcony. We requested a room change on two occasions nut were refused even though others got changes and they were in better ones! That is only criticism.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I would like to thank those of you who took the time to post that the hotel had been overbooking. This is not an oversight on the hotels part, they do this on purpose. After reading reviews on trip advisor three days before departure, I rang the hotel and they said yes, they had been overbooking. I explicitly told them I was not to be shipped out to another hotel. I had three rooms booked, two were for single travellers. I also rang Travel Republic, who I had booked with, who also rang the hotel to confirm that I would be straying there. We also arrived close to midnight, and when we did arrive, I was told by the night porter we must have won the lottery to hold on to three rooms. Tsokkos should be ashamed. people book this hotel primarily due to location and to be compensated with all inclusive? I don't think so. I will never book Tsokkos again. Cleaning standards have slipped and hotel is in need of renovation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Monty010369
Portsmouth, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

It's a holiday hotel, it has adequate rooms, restaurants and bars like all hotels do. What makes the Illiada are the staff, you really can't ask for more attentive and friendly bunch. We have met tons of people in here who have been to the other local hotels and always end up back at the Illiada. For me I don't feel the need to look around, the Illiada give me everything I want.
Well done to all in the Illiada team, you all do a great job, thanks for making my holiday great.

2 Thank Mike S
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Just returned from the Iliada Beach Hotel AGAIN, what a holiday!, Fantastic. This has been our 12th year we have returned, to the same hotel. OK the hotel needs a face lift. (Don't we all) but what the hotel lacks the staff makes up for, as usual they go out of there way to make you welcome, join in the laughter (and we had plenty of that) and pander to all our needs.When I say staff, I am talking from the cleaners right through to the Management. The food superb, every mouthful is to die for my waist line can prove that. Alan (hubby) is a fussy eater and even he agrees that there is always tasty dishes that he loves, the soups are a must have, The only down side is that Tsokkos (the hotel owner) has no care or understanding of what his guests want. So he sends them to other hotels by double booking the Iliada. WRONG!!! We book the Iliada we want to stay at the Iliada. We return every year to catch up with the staff and all the other repeater guests as they our our holiday family. We love them all. The staff works hard with out Tsokkos making things harder for them. So PLEASE no more over bookings, SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple