“great hotel to stay at.”
Review of Iliada Beach Hotel

Iliada Beach Hotel
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here from the 5/5/13 to 15/5/13 and had a great time. The rooms could do with being up dated and there should give offer free wifi, also sky tv should be made available if wanted.
However the staff are great the food is good and the pool and beach are on your doorstep.
Evening entertainment could be better but thats compensated by Makis the bar man and Boyan (Bob) the new entertainment manager who works harder the most of the staff.
We wanted a room with a sea view but got a room with a side view when if we could change they said it would be an extra 8 euros per night, we were there for 10 nights so we stayed put and still enjoyed the holiday.
Over all we had a great time and would we go back ho yes without doubt and are looking to bo so.
Paul & Christine.

Room Tip: We had a side view room (217) just as good as a sea view. You do get some niose from the puds and re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank balooscout

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived for a holiday at iliada on 3rd October. On arrival we were greeted by unsympathetic receptionists who told us they had overbooked and had no room for us. We were then transferred to the Antigoni hotel which was absolutely filthy to say the least. the room was damp and smelly and the bathroom was appalling. After kicking up a stink we were transfered back to the iliada afterone day and night at the Antigoni. The iliada staff were rude and the lights in our room and bathroom kept cutting out, needless to say they werent in the slightest bit intrrested. Please dont book here.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank hjgarr
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Good hotel with rooms cleaned every day. We had a side sea view which we enjoyed the room is a little dated but comfotable enough with tea and coffee supplied daily. The evening food was very good and the breakfast was ok but could have done with being a bit warmer. The drinks at the bar are resonably priced but a small cup of coffee cost 3 euro - we only had the one. Pleny of sunbeds, great staff lovely swiming pool. We enjoyed it so much we are looking to book again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms looked ok and appeared to have some sort of sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed at the Iliada in August 2012.
Check in went very smoothly and we took the lift to our room which was lovely.
It was great to have a small fridge in the room which was an essential in such heat. The balcony was small but fine.
**The balconies in this hotel would definitely benefit from lights to enable you to sit out and read at night. This is one of the few things that I could complain about.
Staff here were fantastic Makis and the staff at the inside bar and also staff at the poolside bar work very hard and there was no waiting about to get served , they looked after you very quickly.
The food was really tasty and there were lots of different things to choose from.
Breakfast was fantastic with a selection to keep anyone happy. So much choice.
The location is brilliant , very central to all the lovely restaurants and bars and walking along the boardwalk at night is lovely.
We've booked to go back this year as this hotel is friendly ,clean, central and suited our needs.
As I say the balcony would be much more inviting with lights like their neighbouring hotel has.
Overall though a happy holiday enjoyed by us both.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lucyjordan37
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Dont even think about this hotel! I travelled by myself in Sept 2012 and not long after my arrival,I wanted to get out and get back home. That wasnt a 4star hotel by a long way off - it was a 2star shack! My room was filthy, the small chiller for drinks was broken and left me with water keaking all over the floor (which I had to deal with myself after already reporting it at reception) All I could do was roll up a towel to soak up the water until it was corrected - 2 days later! My bed was rock hard so obviously it was extremely difficult to get off to sleep at night. One channel provided on the very outdated TV. The bathroom - do you really want to know? The toilet seat was badly cracked, the toilet only flushed 'when it chose to' only the cold tap worked at the basin and there was no facecloths provided which is absolutely normal for a REAL 4 star hotel.I had to use a huge bathsheet (a bathSHEET not a bath TOWEL) to shower in the filthy black moulded bath. When downstairs in the restaurant after using the most tiniest elevators I've ever seen in my life,the waiters were only concerned on one subject and that was to see just how quickly they could clear their tables. As soon as I sat down, one would approach me and ask if I required a drink. I replied "No Thank You" every tine as I simply dont drink and the first thing they would do is swipe away my glass. I left my table to go and choose a dessert (although I dont know why I bothered, I was only expecting tinned fruit and false cream) and returned to my table and found that it had been reset up again for breakfast. I just had to see the supervising waiter to inform him of this. It was not so easy to keep my cool. So dont expect to eat your meal in peace and at your own pace either. I could go on! But if you want to spend your money wisely, then please read this carefully - DONT GO NEAR THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank SwindonElizabeth
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The staff were excellent, helping us with anything we wanted to do, including a free taxi service to the castle. They gave us champagne for a birthday breakfast, and welcomed 2 of our friends who were staying in a different hotel. Ten of us stayed at the hotel, and everyone remarked it was the best trip they had been on for a long time. This was such a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jasio1906
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Our experience of the lliada hotel was so dissapointing after looking forward to our holiday for nearly a year.We had been transfered to the Antigoni hotel after 1 hour after arriving at the lliada,we asked what the Antigoni was like and we were told by reception staff what a wonderfull hotel it was.In our opinion it is the filthiest hotel we have ever stayed in, situated on the main road,not on the beach and rate it as a 2 star [only just].The room we had been allocated back at the lliada was not a 4*as advertised either it was tatty/ dirty/ blocked sink/broken toilet seat/filthy shower spray/badly stained curtains and balcony furniture/and more holes in the towels than towel.Breakfast was served outside Ladies and Gents Toilets with the doors open [Pool Toilets].The Beach Bar food was never hot always cold or burnt and the evening meal was dwindling by the day.[End Of Season excuse]and by the way dont expect any entertainment as advertised if you book around the last 3 weeks of October,as we were told its all but finished End Of Season.
Colin on reception we would like to say thankyou, you have to deal with very irrate guests on a daily basis as management turn a blind eye,and Augusta on reception perhaps you could book yourself a customer service course whilst the hotel is closed for the winter season.
Hopefully Thomas Cook will ammend the information on this hotel ,and Mr Tsokkos and co,these problems need to be corrected, you must be aware that you have had many very unhappy guests at the lliada hotel this year.In our opinion it is most definitely not a 4*hotel and should not be advertised as one.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family