“Good Value”

Ranked #47 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
scotland
“Good Value”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just back from 10 day stay at Illiada Beach and it was a good hotel, spotlessly clean, room cleaned every day with fresh towels. Beds comfortable which is a bonus. We stayed half board and only ate dinner as breakfast was ok but we preferred to skip this and lunch whilst we were touring about. We booked and paid extra for seaview and were allocated a terrace which would be great if you had children but where our room was situated we did not get the sun so we could not make good use of it. I dare say if I asked to be changed I think the staff would have moved us but we could not be bothered. I would stay at this hotel again but only if I had upper room with sea view. Staff were very pleasant. Good location for entertainment and although bars were nearby we never heard anything at nice. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do not have children and want a seaview go for upper floor. Although the side balconies only...
3 Thank molly060

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Another nice and relaxing at The Iliada. I guess we are lucky as we are regulars and know most of the staff and get treated well. So I will try and and make some comments not yet written. For those who like to watch TV.....sorry only BBC World news is available in your room, tho bars cater for sport! All-inc is recommended due to increasing prices and you can really get your money's worth. Treat staff and guests with respect and you will get it back. We love this hotel and we meet up with many regulars year after year who have become great friends. Yes....there were a lot of Russians staying this year. Although not a problem you tended to find yourself observing them all the time. No-one could speak Russian, and not many Russians could speak English so mixing was not easy so it was at times difficult trying to understand a lot of what they were about! Food was always good....maybe on the odd day not hot enough but usually fine! We hear of renovation plans but I guess finance will play a major part in this. So apart from the Russian element, the holiday was faultless and we will be returning in 12 months for trip 17! Big thanks to Eleni Makis Georgina and everyone else for making our holiday fantastic and to all our friends who we meet up with. See you all next year! D&A

Room Tip: Side sea view or full view are great. This year we went for the full sea view and I loved watching s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dave L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

my husband and i are just back from a ten day holiday at the iliadda hotel in protaras.it was a very clean hotel the staff friendly.our room was cleaned every day and fresh towels and tea.coffee etc topped up each day.this hotel is in a great location and right on beach front location.the food was very nice a good we choice each day.you must try the omelettes for breakfast mmm they are lovely.there was always something on at night time and also some daytime activities going on.beaches are gorgeous also.my only down fall although we had a nice side sea view. we faced down to restaraunt so we didnt get much privacy.the balcony was quite low.so you could see on to our room.apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angela m
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I have just come back from spending one week all-inclusive at the Illiada. The hotel and the rooms themselves are ok; more 3* than 4*, but comfortable and clean, if a little dated. The food was ok. Breakfast wasn't great; lunch would normally have at least one dish that was worth having; while dinner was usually pretty good, with a number of tasty dishes every night and a good variety to boot.

The hotel's two greatest strengths are undoubtedly it's location (literally between the centre of the main strip of bars and restaurants in Protaras and a lovely sand beach with crystal clear sea) and the evening staff and entertainment officer. Makis and Martina in the main evening bar were brilliant, fast as lightning and always charming and entertaining. The evening entertainment officer, Boyan, was also a lovely guy, who bends over backwards to get everyone enjoying themselves.

Overall, I would recommend the Illiada to anyone looking for a nice break, but would also caution that it seems to be mostly Russians staying there now. This wasn't a problem for my wife and I, and we got on well with a number of the people staying, but most of the Russians do tend to stay separate from everyone else (perhaps understandable given the language barrier).

Room Tip: Side rooms are a good mix of having a sea view whilst being away from the noise of the main strip. H...
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Illiada Beach Hotel all inclusive, and to be honest we were both very disappointed.
We arrived early evening to be greeted by a member of the reception staff who didn't even raise a smile.
The rooms are quite basic but on the whole comfortable with the exception of the air conditioning unit which was totally inadequate and extremely noisy.
The bath appeared un-clean and the shower head was cracked and leaking, so taking a shower was a painfully slow event.

Breakfast was unappealing tasteless and left under heated lamps swimming in grease. Lunch was very much the same and as for the evening meals, we were shocked to see left over bacon and so called ham (which tasted much more like spam) cut up, mixed with pasta shells and served as an option of pasta salad. The general menu lacked variety taste and texture and hence after 3 nights we could take no more and ate out for the remainder of the holiday.

On a plus note the barman was friendly and always gave service with a smile. The entertainment host was also cheerful and did his best to keep guests happy and entertained.

We would strongly recommend a good through search of other hotels before booking this hotel, although the location is excellent, as it is right on the beach and close to the main strip.

3 Thank LAJames2013
United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks al from 28th August-10th September, booked hotel through Thomas Cook on there food rating, would say it has gone down all lot, breakfast very must the same(Not one bit of butter to be seen), cheap margarine, the lunch were ok and evening meals would have been better if there had been serviced to you rather than self services. It's the first hotel where there wasn't a bell-boy to take your cases to your room, but apart from that it was ok, head bar man was very good also the man in charge on the meals, our rep Nichola who came too our hotel was very good and quite helpful, like one of our own, would we go back, maybe's too see some of the staff but not to stay at this hotel, air con in room was rubbish and would I recommend the hotel, if I was you I would have a good look around

Room Tip: Ask for sea-view, but you won't get one
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jude1962
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel between 14th-28th August. Hotel was very clean, food very good and our room was excellent, very spacious as we had a family room. Compared to other four star hotels along the beach I don't think it is up to four star standard but we knew this before arriving and I believe hence why we paid a good price for our stay. I have been led to believe that it is due for a complete renovation at the end of this season??? For us location was everything, as we have already stayed numerous times all over Protaras and you cannot get any better than where the Iliada is. It is right on the beach and right in the middle of all the bars yet you are not disturbed by any noise. My only criticisms are lack of air conditioning in public areas, the air conditioning in the room was adequate but quite noisy. The sunbed issue is a problem and beds do get reserved the night before and I hold my hands up I did it as well. If you can't beat them, join them. In defence to the hotel though, they did have stores of sunbeds and if you did not get a sunbed they would provide you with one. A big disappointment for me was lack of a kids club. This may however be my fault because I had checked out the hotel the year before and saw a kids club room which is still there this year and automatically assumed there was one. Throughout the holiday the only kids entertainment was a 10 minute disco each night, on checking the Thomas Cook brochure I realised there was no mention of a kids club, so that was my mistake. Overall I think for what we paid it was great value and even though there was a few niggles we had a great holiday and would return to this hotel. Opposite the hotel is Rockafellas bar, a must, great lunchtime food, great evening entertainment and fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Firstly you need an English 2p to get a luggage trolley at Larnaca airport. I think all rooms have...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nicola M