“Loved every single minute, didn't want to come home”

Papantonia Hotel Apartments
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Loved every single minute, didn't want to come home”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed at the papatonia in june so my review is a little late, sorry. I feel that I have to start with the entertainment staff. Danny and Kelly from one stop entertainment were simply fantastic and worked extremely hard to keep adults and children entertained from about 10 in the morning til 10 at night!! (Kelly also enjoys the odd water fight and being thrown in the pool by the kids!).
The kids club reps Dorey and Sam were so good at their jobs that we had to arrange our holiday around my daughters social life at the club. There was certainly alot of variety within all the entertainment and if there is something missing from the entertainment timetable, all you have to do is mention it to the reps and they will me more than happy to accommodate if possible, as they did with my son when all he wanted was a game of football.
As others have already mentioned, the rooms are a little dated with minimal hanging space but they are clean and comfortable which is all you need. The food was lovely, we were half board and ate in the restaurant every night. Again, the restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and all too willing to help if you needed anything.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a good family and for the kids to have a time to remember (my two both cried because they didn’t want to come home). I would definitely return next year, fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed in july Hotel in lovely position not noisy at night,beach bars shops ect only a few mins walk away.
All staff fantastic, helpfull, friendly.
Matty bar manager great fun, the entertainment staff Kelly-Danny very good they involve everybody our kids had so much fun with them as we did too.
They got me on stage many times (Doreena) had so much fun thanks guys !
The rooms could do with a little updating mainly the air con but dont let that put you off, you can hire fans too for a small charge.
The pools are great and very warm yes one was cloudy but they put that right as the days went on .so much room by pools for beds you can get one anytime of the day .
All in all a great holiday lots of fun and met some great people our kids loved it lots to do 16 and 11yrs .
Wish we were back there now ...
Dave -Teresa-Andrew-Sophie
Bristol

Room Tip: Hire a fan for second room
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Got back from The Papantonia Hotel on 4th August. Me, my husband and 11 year old son went for 10 days all inclusive. I had been keeping up with the reviews prior to going so I had an idea of what to expect. The hotel is a little bit dated but is extemely clean, we stayed in a studio apartment (I had emailed before arrriving to request a top floor room overlooking the pool and this is exactly what I got). The reception area is clean and modern and the staff on reception very welcoming. The studio apartment we stayed in was spacious and was cleaned every day of our holiday, as previously stated there is not a lot of storage for the amount of people so we hung shirts, skirts etc in the wardrobe and lived out of our suitcases which wasn't a major problem. The food is very good something different to choose from every day, breakfast was cereals, toast etc or bacon, eggs, sausages plenty to choose from , lunch was salad, pasta, rice and evening meal ranged from pastas to roast dinners followed by scrumptous cakes, spoilt for choice most days.
There are 3 swimming pools, the larger one as mentioned in previous reviews did appear to be dirty and cloudy, the 2nd pool was really clean. Watch out for your swimwear turning green after a while. The entertainment (Kelly & Danny) are brilliant, they put their heart and soul into all the activities day and night. My husband got involved with the Mr Papantonia competition watching Christina, Doreena, Kelly & Danny was hilarious. There is also bingo and kids disco every night before the main event one night there was a cabaret singer and another night a magician who was quite good. I have to say a big thank you to Matty, Emma, Lloyd and all the bar staff they were all good for a laugh especially Matty (who believes in Aliens!!). I must also mention Craig, The First Choice Rep, I have never met a rep like Craig before he was helpful and informative, any questions or queries we had he was there, even when we were at the airport waiting to come home Craig came to see us to make sure we were ok. In all the times I have been abroad before I have never received this kind of service from any inresort reps, First Choice he is a credit to you. Thank You Craig for making our holiday that bit more enjoyable.
The walk into Protaras takes about 20 mins along the new coastal path past lots of bars and restaurants and is a lovely walk, we did it most days (after eating all the lovely food). There are some nice small beaches in Pernera also with a street of shops, bars and restaurants. I have to recommend the Red Bus Trip we did the 1/2 day trip to the villages and the guide (Alan) was very informative and amusing he had us in stitches. My husband and son went scuba diving and paragliding and both had a brilliant time. I would definitely recommend the Papantonia, just remember it is a 3* hotel and you will have a brilliant time.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view
7 Thank mammamia016
nottingham
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Hotel review Panantonia

I’d like to start this review telling everyone who might read it that this hotel is worth a visit, we would definitely go back, it’s great for the kids, not so much the hotel it’s self but the atmosphere and the staff are great.
Hotel
On first arrival it was very warm and sticky in the hotel, no air con on, same when we got to our room. Also the air con was not set on cool so it took a while to get that working. Once the air circulated and air con was left on over night, after a few days both rooms became manageable.
The rep Craig was helpful and we booked The Black Pearl excursion, which my five year old absolutely loved. Craig introduced me to other guest and I met some lovely people during my stay. The entertainers (Kelly and Danny) were great with my son, he especially enjoyed the children’s disco that taught him some ‘’funny’’ dances!!! The kids club was really good, we didn’t have to book, it wasn’t too busy, the room was air conditioned and the staff (Dori and Sam) were good with my son who is very active and lively. My son has some great memories of the time he spent at kids club. He did not attend every day but when he did he thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you hotel / first choice staff.
The hotel is dated, however the rooms are clean and for me that’s the main thing. For a 3* hotel the food was fantastic, there wasn’t a time where I couldn’t find something to eat, there was plenty choice. Also they had healthy choices such as fish/ chicken salad and vegetables. There was always fruit but usually limited to melon, orange, grapefruit, and grapes. We had a problem with our shower and it was sorted straight away. Staff are really helpful. Matty the bar manager was helpful and would help when possible having the local knowledge, he was also very chatty and friendly with guests.
The pools were okay, however apparently they had a problem due to sand storms which made the water murky! Another guest informed me that they had put so many chemicals in the water that it was turning guests hair green!!! Not good, a problem they assured they were sorting. The pool was littered on occasions and could have been cleaner.
Location
The hotel is situated in a quiet location a short bus ride from Protaras, where we visited using the local bus, 2 euro return. At Protaras we saw the laser water show which was certainly worth the money. We also went to Fig tree bay, a favourite, however this time we couldn’t get sunbeds!!
There is a beach local to the hotel, a two minute walk, it’s nice but doesn’t compare to fig tree, however we spent a few of our days there and have no complaints.
We had a fantastic holiday and would definitely return to hotel Papantonia. This was our third visit to Cyprus. Before we stayed in the centre of Protaras in the Vangelis (not to be recommended) and then the Holiday village Alliathon (which was fantastic but very expensive). Pantonia has a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere where you feel welcome and safe. Would certainly recommend without a doubt.

4 Thank bertieboodles
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

really nice hotel didnt have any of the food at the hotel ate out! good entertssinment for the kids and shows studio rooms spacious had a pool view which would reccomend! quite a fair walk into protaras and the beach but there is a small beach a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Kent
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We transferred from the Brilliant Apartments (as the family entertainment was poor) to Papantonia and I have to say the entertainment team there (Kelly and Danny from One Stop Entertainment) did not disappoint. They were fantastic, there was a full timetable of poolside activity from 10 am until 5pm and then evening entertainment mostly provided by them. They made our holiday very special for our children (aged 3 and 8) and we have been back for two days now and they are still doing 'the dance' and talking about them.
The rooms do need to be updated, however it wasn't such an issue for us as we our children were so thoroughly entertained. Our children did go into kids' club but there was so much going on around the pool that they opted to be outside. However the First Choice children's reps, Dory and Sam were very enthusiastic and lovely.
There are four pools (including a very small toddler one) and unfortunately they weren't as clean as they could be. The pool with the bridge over it was constantly cloudy and despite mentioning it to reception it remained like that for the duration of our stay. This was in sharp contrast to the pool next to it that was transparent. Overall a very good holiday although we will be opting for a Family Resort next year in peak season. Thank you to everyone at the Papantonia.

Room Tip: Request poolside
wednesbury
Reviewed 20 July 2011

really cannot wait to go here again next year,we loved it ,couldnt fault it,my kids didnt want to come home,we had a large family room with view over the pools,food was great,kelly and danny kept my kids happy for two weeks,so i was happy,all the staff were very friendly,emma,lloyd danny ,kelly,patricia,and especially julia who works in the resturant,we was amazing,we even had all the staff wave us off home which was very nice of them with my wife and kids emotional,but hotel is located great,1 minute to beach,close to a few pubs ,station bar was great too,and a lovely walk along beach front to protaras in the evening,took about 20 mins but didnt mind at all,if you are looking for a great family hotel ,this is it,like i said we are going back next year and even getting my mom,and my sisters family to join us 10/10 ,
best regards the masons, west mids

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family