“Family holiday relaxing enjoyable time.Read this before you book it to the point”

and 1 more site!
Papantonia Hotel Apartments
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well where do i start. I do not usually comment on Holidays as everyone has there own opinion and you should make up your own minds.
However after readying some reviews prior to my holiday i believe that this hotel/apartments have been given an unfair write up. THIS WILL BE A LITTLE LONG WINDED BUT WELL WORTH THE READ.

On arrival which was about around 1 o,clock in the morning we booked in, the gentleman on the desk was helpful and polite and spoke English directed us to our rooms, sandwich's and refreshments were offered but refused. To late to eat.
THE ROOM
Yes as most people would agree the rooms are dated, however it was clean and was exactly what i had booked and would expect for a 3* . 1 bedroom apartment with air conditioning kitchen area with the usual facilities. the room was cleaned every day and clean towels sheets changed regularly and the house maid was polite and on some occasions we kept her waiting, Elena gets 10 of 10 for her duties and the effort she applied. Safe,ironing & ironing board can be supplied on request for a deposit.
THE POOL, BAR AND ENTERTAINMENT
2 Large pools and 2 small pools plenty of sunbeds and no need to carry out the dreaded early trip to the pool side to place towels on beds to guarantee a position at pool side when you finally come down to relax. I am an early riser and witnessed the pools being cleaned every day. towels can be provided daily at reception for a refundable deposit.
Bar staff were great very obliging and there was never more than a few at the bar waiting for drinks and that was rear. food at the bar was good there was a menu to select hot food these were restricted to between meal times from Toasted sandwiches,pizza,burgers,omelettes,chips, salads and ice cream.
Entertainment at the hotel was a little hit and miss and for me not a requirements as i am there to relax and do my own thing with my Family.
RESTAURANT
I chose the all inclusive option when booking my holiday however there was other options available,and if your not sure before you book then you can upgrade when you are there not sure what if any the cost differences are but you could do a week all inclusive and a week B&B giving an option to frequent other eating Establishments for your evening meals.
Long trousers, the hotel would like to apply this and would like guests to consider them however it is not compulsory to do so no swim wear in the evenings though.
The food was plentiful and varied at all sittings. The staff in the dining area were helpful, polite friendly and willing to help were ever they could, clean table clothes and cutlery were applied after each table was used this is good practice,
There has been an issue raised by some other guests(Russian) that use the Hotel they can be rude and some times impatient and they do not understand the concept of a queue. I only say one thing on this if you can't beat them then join them and do as they do. it is not rude in there culture therefore you will not offend anyone.
RECEPTION AND STAFF
Clean and tidy Maria and Nelly were great as were all the other staff associated with the running of the front desk.
OUT AND ABOUT
Five minutes to the beach, and a few bars and restaurants, if you follow the boardwalk to the right when looking at the wonderful see views 30 minutes and your in the larger town of Protaras on route is bars and restaurants. when you reach Protaras there is a larger selection of bars shops, restaurants and Children amusements for all tastes also at the fare end of the village is the famous Fig tree bay well worth the walk.
if you turn left and stay on the road you will walk for 10 minutes in you will be in a smaller village than Protaras but has some bars, restaurants and shops ideal for a quick walk out after your evening meal if while out you turn down the side streets you will end up at another small beach and from there you can walk along the coast back to the hotel.
there are buses and the stop is 3 minutes walk from the hotel, the prices to use the public transport is cheap and the bus will also take you to the water park family of 4 is 4.50 euros each way.

I HOPE THIS IS A GOOD DESCRIPTION OF THE HOTEL AND ITS FACILITIES AND YES I WILL BE RETURNING. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in 2* to 5* and you have to apply cost to the appropriate * i believe you get good value for money at this hotel.

Laurence and Family

Room Tip: pool view are in the shade of an evening this is better for the evening when trying to change to go...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
26  Thank Laurence C

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just came back from a week at this hotel, after reading some reviews we wasn't sure what to expect but we was pleasantly suprised. Rooms are dated but very clean we never had to fight for a sun bed there was always plenty to choose from and the pool area was quite large for the size of the hotel so the kids could easily play and you could see them at all times. If you wanted towels for round the pool you could get some from reception for a refundable deposit. All the staff were friendly and happy to help and the food was good always a variety to choose from all tastes seemed to be catered for and if you didn't fancy the restaurant you could choose to order from the snack bar which had burgers, omelettes, pizza and salads. There was shops and restaurant close by and if you wanted to go for a walk, the board walk took you to the larger town a lovely costal walk.

We would definitely look at returning to this hotel

Room Tip: If the bed sette is not suitable they will supply a camp bed if you ask at reception
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Visited Papantonia as a guest 23/7/2014 and here are the follwing comments. All of the exterior needs a total make over although the rooms were considered ok. There should be free wi fi in all common areas ( lobby, pool,restaurant). Employees should be trained better regarding food options and ways of payment. Pool changing rooms smelt very bad.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roulla M
Reviewed 6 July 2014

14th June/28th June
This is the third time we have been to the Papantonia, the first time when my sister got married in 2000, then we returned last year, we had a fab time, and this year was no different, we arrived about 11, greeted with a drink, given our rooms, 3 one beds and 1 studio, the rooms were cleaned everyday except Sundays, and clean towels changed too.
There was plenty to choice to eat, even my mom found things to eat as she only eats plain food, no spices etc. even though it seemed pretty full, there were plenty of sunbeds. My mom and dad used to walk to Fig Tree bay which took them 40mins, Protaras is less depending on how fast you walk, and there is nice walk to Penera. There will be 17plus going back next year for a family wedding, all the staff were always helpful and polite, we would recommend this hotel every time, thank you Papantonia for a great holiday! the Simmons,Dyke and Holmes Families, see you next year xx

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank tracey0104
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend, aged 28 & 32 chose the Papantonia due to its good reviews. It was a last minute decision so we had a limited budget to start with.
We arrived at around 10pm, went to our room which was on the 3rd floor, and the next morning discovered a sea and pool view as we had requested.
We headed to breakfast, where there was a good selection but our views had certainly changed by dinner....The Pork Medallions were red raw inside and there was little else to choose from, meaning I ended up with a bowl of soup. From then on we ate out every night. Breakfast, lunch & the snack menu was hit and miss which meant we couldn't spend our money on additional excursions and was forced to use this for food and drinks elsewhere. The drinks on offer were a good mix, and tasted even better if Josef made them! The night time entertainment in the hotel was poor, this was no fault of the entertainer Valerie, as he was a good sport and encouraged everyone to get involved. The day time activities were varied with something for everyone. The number of Russians in the Papantonia far outnumber the British and some of them could be very rude.
Finally, the location is not great, it was a 30 - 40 minute walk to Protaras, which was a nice walk but was too much to attempt daily. It is not ideal for those seeking after hours or more lively holiday entertainment, as there wasnt a choice of bars around the Papantonia. Taxis to Protaras were advertised at 8 euro which in relation to distance I believe is expensive.
I have never been All Inclusive previously so my experience at the Papantonia has put me off slightly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissalil
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel at about 1am and was greeted by a lovely man on reception called Theodore who showed us where the local bar was and for the rest of our holiday was always so lovely to us. There are a few bars nearby and a supermarket just opposite. To get to the Protaras strip it is approx 30min walk although their are some lovely views and bars along the boardwalk later at night they turn all the lights off and was quite scary at 3am from then on we got taxis which was 8euros.
The hotel room was really spacious I requested a low floor and got ground floor with pool view, there is a living area/kitchen with kettle, utensils , dishes , cutlery , fridge, stove provided, roomy bedroom with safe which we hired for 15euros, and bathroom the bath was quite dirty with stains in it and the room was cleaned maybe 3 times in the 7nights I stayed although the maid was always around she didn't seem to clean our room often at all so often we never had fresh towels or sheets. The room key was a big problem we had 2 cards for the room and everyday one of them refused to work and we would be locked out of our room then have to take both cards to reception to get them fixed. Nelly on reception is lovely and would always be on hand to help with anything we needed.
The pool area is very nice actually nicer than inside the hotel , there are 2 large pools and one little one for children. There was always lots of sunbeds available at all times throughout the day. The food was actually quite nice although same sort of things most meal times, if you fancied a change snacks are provided for most of the day where you can order whole pizzas, burgers and toasties. The all inclusive was really good for drinks you could get pretty much everything including a range of Josef's strongest cocktails blue lagoon being my fave.
The only problem I had with this hotel was the entertainment it was really bad in the day I saw 3 activities in the 7days I was there , in the night there was a mini disco as there was lots of Russian guests there Valerie the entertainer would speak mostly in Russian so we or the English children playing the games had no idea what was going on , then bingo which you have to pay for. On some nights there was outside entertainment brought in a singer, magician, parrot show.

Beach is 5mins away and is lovely.
Aiya Napa is 30min bus ride away bus stop is about 15min walk away from hotel.
Would highly recommend the San Antonia adult cruise too which we booked with our rep all inclusive 4hr boat trip drinks, food and entertainment included for 50euros it was my first ever boat trip and I loved it.
We also got an offer from reception to go for a meal on the strip at a restaurant that serves a choice of Greek or Italian food, we booked the Greek and for 5euros had about 15courses the food was gorgeous and there was so much of it everyone should look out if this is still available.

I would recommend this hotel if you wanted to be away from hustle and bustle of the main strip, although I think if i was to return I would like to be a bit closer to the strip or in Aiya Napa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carla F
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here,it is a nice hotel.We arrived in the middle of the night and it would have been nice to be able to get a drink,even a vending machine in the lobby would solve this.The all inclusive is very good as well as breakfast lunch and dinner you can order snacks all day such as toasties and pizzas.Also the drinks are really good you can have pretty much anything on all inclusive including lots of cocktails,Josef the bar man makes them strong.
Our room was nice separate living area and kitchen,free air con in the bedroom.There is a T.V but you have to pay a 20 euro deposit for the remote.The kitchen has a fridge,kettle and plates etc.The bathroom was a bit tired looking but ok.The staff are really nice and friendly at this hotel especially Nelly and Theodor on reception.
The location is quite far from the centre of Protaras,about a half an hour walk along the boardwalk by the beach,it is a nice walk but late at night they switch the lights off so it is too dangerous to walk along there,A taxi from protoras to here cost us 8 euros.
The entertainment isnt really up to much,most of it is aimed at Russian guests.They had a few different things on a magician,singer and parrot show,but mostly it was just games of bingo that you had to pay for.I would recommend this hotel,but if I visited Cyprus again I would like to stay closer to the centre of Protoras.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends