“Amazing Holiday Cant Wait”

Sunrise Pearl Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We are just back from one week in Cyprus. It was amazing! I'm 23 & My Partner is 28 we were there from the 7th to 14th of May The first few days it did rain we were a bit disappointed that we had to be stuck in doors so we booked in to the spa... and we weren't let down, this was a great experience we choose The Aqua Thermal Journey & I also went for a De'stress Back Massage ( I'm sure that's what it was called) it was a beautiful spa very relaxing and the features are gorgeous!!! They even have Thalasso pools like the dead sea you can float around in with high salt content. Also being indoors allowed is to get to know some of the staff. If there is anywhere that does 5star service its them, especially Michal is ( Michael) Bar Manager he is a great credit to the hotel along beside Spearos, Maria and a few others in the island bar and restaurant we didn't get their name but they were very friendly. When the rain cleared we headed to the pools we chose a sun bed right on the beach front..the views were breathtaking with the crystal blue seas.!! There is water sports right outside we tried the crazy ufo where we were on an inflatable couch tied to the back of a speedboat...WOW This was fun!! We also did and parasailing. This hotel doesn't have entertainment but next door sister hotel does we went there most nights and met Chara the waitress ( also very nice nothing was a trouble for her always bubbly and up for a laugh) we would then head out on to the strip for later entertainment right at the front of the hotel...there's something for everyone! Just the little touches this hotel has..... fresh orange juice on arrival after a long flight.... chocolates on your pillow, new beach towels every day, porter to carry your cases, free safe, poolside waitresses & the staff, I could go on. Hotel has dine around choices Italians, American grill, seafood and a new Asian option there were great options to choose from. You got to pick one of the eating out options ( you can pick two per week) there tasty...hotel food is great a lot of seafood options though at dinner buffet...Get booking for a great relaxed friendly holiday.!!! We will definitely be back Shelley & Steven Scotland

1  Thank Shelley H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

A week is not long enough at this fabulous hotel.!
We will stay nowhere eltse in Cyprus!
Its got to be the best hotel in Cyprus we think.
From the moment you arrive you feel at home and totally cared for.
Gleekeria in reception, and her staff couldnt be more helpful,cheerful,and considerate.
The staff are quietly in the wings monitering your every need and prompty acting on it without being in your face,which is how it should be i think.
I am a very very Very light sleeper living on west cost Scotland where its very quiet and always ask for a quiet room .i neednt have worried We had a front sea view and although the road behind the hotel had noisey bars etc at night we didnt hear a thing,not even from the guests either side of us!
The hotel is set back from the road down a sloping drive .i think this may help,also the double glazing was good too.
The front sea view room was spacious clean and well thought out ,plenty of storage.
The bed was superking size like we have at home ,and to my delight had a douvet ! You may say its hot you wont need it but if you use the air con you can get chilly in the night.when youre asleep
Because we have a superking at home and always have seperate duvets to avoid the douvet fight thing i asked if it was possible to have two and it was.
We have back problems and although the bed was of very good quality we found it a little firm for our needs so were able to use the superking quilt as a topper beneath the bottom sheet which solved our problem
The excellent blackout curtains made sure we had a good night ,which when you are recuperating from illness like me is so important
The views from our room were stunning and much better than those we saw last year in the Carribean.
I am a landscape gardener by trade and was very impressed with the planting and and design of the beautiful gardens that give a feeling of relaxing luxury
The food and the ambiance in the waterfall restaurant was so good we only eat eltsewhere once.
Thanos runs a tight ship with his charming staff there .The live piano music was delightful .
The dinner buffet had lots of choice but we would have liked to have had more traditional Cypriot options --- perhaps some of the delights from the traditional shop that has links with the hotel( i forgot its name.)it would be a good showcase for the goods from there.
It would have been nice to have one night as traditional Cypriot meze .Although we could have gone to the Greek restaurant on the dine around option but never got round to it as the food was so good in the waterfalll which had no surcharge as did some of the other options.
We would have liked to send a post card with views of the gorgeous hotel but sadly non were available as yet.--- Yet another marketing opportunity perhaps.?
There were no leaflets about local places of interest /things to do ,in reception which would have been handy.,but not essencial as wifi was available if you had a smart phone or ipad.
In short has got to be the best hotel in Cyprus ,and one of the best ive stayed in
,(and ive travelled a lot )
The only thing that could have been improved was the Thompson rep at the hotel,although helpful his information was very misleading and inacurate.re local information Got the feeling he hadnt been there long and was blagging to get by.!
Well Done Sunset Pearl ! You made us feel like valued customers..

Room Tip: Id choose a room facing the sea if you want a quiet room and on a higher floor away from any rooms...
1  Thank Flora B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I believe words cannot describe well what a stay out here is like, unless you experience it yourselves.

It steadily continues to be first, the Number One SPA Hotel in Protaras and will continue to be for the many years to come I can assure of this, judging from the excellent management behind this business.

GOALS: The central location it has, the professional staff, high standards and care for guests, the beautiful interior of both suites, gardens, restaurants, lobby and Spa are simply unbeatable.

SERVICE: I spent just one night on this second visit and just like the previous time, check-in was smooth even though the hotel was full and telephones kept ringing. The feeling was homely and I was glad to see the familiar friendly faces of the ladies at the reception, the girls at the Spa, the guys at the restaurants, even the pool boys who hand out the towels.

SUITE & BATHROOM: Contemporary décor in my suite, with distinct emphasis on comfort and tasteful elegance is what I experienced through this very short stay. Chic fittings, modern vanity basins in the bathroom, extra white fluffy towels and French toiletries. I wonder what more would a guest expect! Linens were bright, bed was way too comfortable, spotless and fragrant that made it hard for me to wake up in the morning to get to breakfast.

RESTAURANTS: Breakfast by the way was rich and varied, everything fresh with open kitchen with cooks preparing all kinds of delicacies. The buffet is simply Yummy and enough to fill you up till afternoon.

I will describe the dinner experience at the Fishbone Restaurant with one word and that is Sumptuous!

Be sure to book your meals the night before if you plan to get to the a la cart restaurant or any other.
The maître de hotel Thanos is there for you, and ready to meet any request. The service is beyond compare and each dish is unique, nicely presented and coming straight from the professional Chefs in the kitchen. Contact him if something comes up.
Fish dishes are So fresh that smell ‘sea’. I cannot say that everything is cheap but it pays to try it even for once on a romantic outing perhaps.

THE SPA is a must visit! It will be unfair to be here and not try one or two treatments at least.

Therapists will help you choose out of several on the list the one that fits you most, but I highly recommend the “Aqua Thermal Journey” which does not cost a lot as you might have imagined. After having your first Thermal journey you will want to repeat it daily. As for the staff, they amazed me with their professionalism.

GARDENS/POOL: Palm trees in the garden around the pools create an inviting atmosphere and just a step away the Fig Tree Bay coast, one of the best beaches on the island. If all these don’t promise memorable holidays….then what!

TIP: I have a more extensive review from my previous visit in case you want to know more about this business.

IN ALL: The hotel stands out for all the above reasons that I mentioned on my review. The stay might have been short this time but I left again with the feeling to return. If you have not as yet made up your mind, do it now and don’t look anywhere else if what you dream of are exceptional and memorable holidays to be cherished in the years to come. The hotel is simply unbeatable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights lovley hotel great breakfast great staff not sure that I would rate it a 5 star may be a four and a half no slippers in room no ironing board and iron in room tv channels not all that.and I wanted to use the spa I paid 272.00 euros for a 2 night stay to be told I needed to pay another 35 euros per 70 min session in the spa so 70 euros for 2 spas that i thought would be included I got to use the sauna and there is a steam too in the sunrise sister hotel that was built in the 80.s so you pay for the 5 star new hotel but you have to go for a steam in the old hotel rip off I pointed this out to the asst manager who insisted he shouted at me with a loud tone to his voice I told him to keep the noise down as everyone was looking over.shame I went away liking the hotel but dissapointed that you cant use the facilities.

Room Tip: sea view is better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jazzy g
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is our second trip to this Hotel after celebrating our wedding anniversary last year there.
The standard is still as high as last year first class service , food and facilities.
Hotel is spotless and run extremely efficiently staff are very sociable and nothing is too much trouble.
Eat around restaurants offer good choice drinks and snacks are reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel.
Special mention to Mickey, Anna, Maria and Yvana at the Mistrel Restauarant and Poolside Bar,
Thanos and George who keep the main restaurant running smoothly.
All on reception who are very kind thoughtful and efficient.
The chefs , porters and cleaners who all combine to make this a top class hotel.
WE WILL BE BACK

Room Tip: Its worth booking a sea view room.
3  Thank Frank B
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just back from a week here, it was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend this hotel. The location is amazing, we were in Room 422 (gorgeous) and the view was stunning. Comfiest bed and pillows we've ever had, towels so soft aswell. L'Occitane toiletries, well stocked mini-bar, 3 point plugs, so no need for travel adapters. Public areas lovely, well thought out, you could see the hotel grounds and beach from the glass lifts which was nice. All the toilets and changing areas in the hotel were lovely. We were half board and the food was delicious, also if you don't want your evening meal in the hotel you can have a 3 course lunch by the pool instead.

The service is second to none in this hotel, bringing a glass of orange juice while you check in, and also in your welcome meeting is a lovely touch, as is serving crisps and nuts with your drinks. The staff are so professional and friendly throughout the Hotel, especially Anna in the restaurant and the lovely barman & lady in the Verano lounge (should've got their names) who were really fantastic, thanks again!! Maid service was brilliant, as was the night service, lovely ladies!

The only things I could mark it down for are the temperature of the pool, I normally spend most of my holiday in the pool, but it was far too cold, and also the sunbeds - whilst it's a great idea that you are allocated sunbeds for the week, this does mean you can get stuck somewhere you don't really want to be. We were at the Kids pool the first few days (don't have kids) but asked to be moved when available and we were moved to a great spot. Disappointed to be told the big beds are only for the Suites, we got the impression you could book these out. Never mind, it may have been our mistake.

Those are very small points, I wouldn't mark it down for any of this as it definitely deserves the 5* if not more!! Will be booking up for next year, missing it already!!

Room Tip: A high floor, with a sea view - so worth it!
2  Thank I-am-Mrs-B
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Sunrise Pearl Spa hotel in Protaris, and I would say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The food is to a very high standard, with multiple choice in the main restaurant, we enjoyed every meal which included eating out at the Italian, and the American grill. The staff are a credit to this hotel, especially Thanos the "Maitre D Hotel" Who makes everyone feel as they are special during your stay at the hotel. We stayed in room 004,it is a good size with a really large comfortable bed, it also has a swim up pool attached. The room was very clean and we had some nice touches like chocolates delivered each night. One thing for sure is I would certainly recommend to anyone who is going to Protaris, they should book into this hotel and treat themselves to some luxury. I for one will certainly revisit this splendid hotel, it was a real pleasurable experience.

5  Thank William C