“Best Hotel in Protaras”

Sunrise Pearl Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Been to Protaras 4 times and this is by far the best Hotel i have stayed in, in this area. From the moment you arrive until you leave the level of service was very high. Returned 27th JUl 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, not overly decorated. We had a Deluxe Room (Swim up)m but i wished we had gone for the Jr Suite. THe swim up room we had was on the side, so the water was a little cooler to say the least. The JR Suites are pretty much in sunlight all day and very convenient to jump in to the other pools. We spent most of our time near the Adult pool... which is a decent size but only 1.5 mts deep. The jacuzi style bubbles are a bonus (altho i have no idea when they come on!). The beach is a little further along (20 mts) and the water is clear as you can get in Europe.

The room itself is of a good size (deluxe) - King Bed, comfy. Small sofa, TV, plugs/usb port for charging your peripherals. Mini Bar, hair dryer and ample storage space. A water bottle each day delivered - unforunately very little room to put in hte fridge so often room temp. Air con was working well.

Cleaning facilities twice a day (sheets/towels/room cleaned in the morning, with Towels replaced in the evening)

Allocated sunbeds for your stay... be warned, the confy cushioned ones are for the executive rooms only... which i was a little gutted about. Sun beds are in decent condition.

Staff always smiley and Friendly. At the pool side, they come round often enough for any beverages/food. However the prices are quite steep for that luxury - and minimal menu,

We had Half board and the food was very good. Many places i have been after 3/4 days its feels like the food all tastes the same. Here the food was varied and of a good standard. Selection of meats, veg, fruits, and deserts for all. Breakfast was also vast, eggs how you want then (Scrambled, omlette, boiled, sunny side up, poached)

Hotel also owns a number of restaurants which you can also visit... Lemon Grass and MArcellos as two options we used (Reef (American) a Greek place, and a Fish place available and within 5 mins walk of the hotel.

Drinks for dinner in the hotel are a little steep (4.40E) for a still water, but this is what was expected at such a hotel.

We also used the Spa which was very good as well. The floatation pool was very relaxing (salt water) - i got a massage, which was good. The g/f got a Facial... reasonably priced for a 2.5 hr session.

Staff as a whole were very good and also at hand for any questions.

Nice bar area just before the dining area... nice staff again.

I wanted to go here based on walking past the hotel last year... and it certainly lived up to my expectation.

Would like to go back in a few years.

Well recommended.

6  Thank TP79

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have returned from yet another truly amazing experience in the Sunrise Pearl Hotel in Protaras, Cyprus. All of the staff from the welcome at reception through to the lady that attended to the room were of a exceptional standard. The restaurant staff at breakfast and dinner were so friendly and efficient that nothing went amiss. The highlight of the holiday was the experience at the Spa complex. We are definitely going back to the superb five star hotel.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the sea and pools are sun drenched first thing in the morning but pleasantly shad...
2  Thank bestpandphols
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited for 2 weeks again in June, it was our 2nd time at this hotel, rooms lovely, the staff feel like family it was lovely to see them all again, the lovely friendly ladies on reception so polite and always go out of there way to say hello and check everything is ok, the rooms lovely even requested our same room as last time and got it, thankyou, food in the restaurant is amazing so much choice and is run by Thanos, love him always makes time for you but watches the restaurant is run like clockwork, the rooms were kept lovely and clean, turn down service, towels changed if needed, great location, on the beach, beautifull sea views, this hotel has very high standards and from my second visit this has not changed, I will go back to the sunrise pearl,

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view, beautifull,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

What a lovely 2 weeks my wife and I had at the Sunrise Pear Hotel. The staff at the hotel are very polite and friendly from breakfast to dinner, whether its in the hotel or the several restaurants outside the complex. The room we had (sea view) was kept spotless by the maid who cleaned daily, my wife commented on the towels being soft a fluffy and their nice smell (odd I know).

Some good ideas they have are: selecting and keeping your sunbeds for the holiday duration. Means no rushing down early in the morning to put your towels down and you can go out and about knowing you have sunbeds to return to. Going to different restaurants on the night, my favourite was the Asian restaurant called The Lemongrass, however the hotels buffet restaurant called the Waterfall was super too. The manager is very polite and makes everybody feel so welcome, their staff are second to none.

Jenna the daily entertainer is as busy as a bee and tries to include everybody with activities without being overbearing, she's a lovely young lady. Maria who comes around serving drinks around the pool etc is also very nice and a smashing lass.

Well done Sunrise Pearl, everybody who there works very hard in making their visitors have a wonderful, relaxing holiday!!

Room Tip: We would say a sea view would be ideal, but obviously costs more.
5  Thank Carnejoh
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have travelled to Cyprus 6 times now and always stay in 5 star hotels and have quite high standards. Can honestly say that the Sunrise Pearl leaves all the others way behind. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We had a Junior suite with swim up pool and it was fantastic. If you can, go for it you won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CharliesNanny
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'll spare the long winded repetitions that others have already highlighted and give an honest review...

My fiance and i stayed here for a week in early July and completely fell in love with the hotel.

The staff, as mentioned, are a true credit and will go above and beyond to ensure you have a happy holiday. Maria, Thanos, Ivanka and all the wait staff... thank you!

The beds are gorgeously comfortable - the rooms clean, tidy and spacious.

Wonderful food in the waterfall restaurant, the Mistrel and Lemongrass were superb! (Didn't try the others so can't comment)

Staff come around the pool with cold towels and fruit which is a lovely touch.

Our room was on the first floor - we had no noise from the busy strip at all. Complete peice and quiet. The view wasn't incredible but we had paid for a standard view and were happy with our partial sea view :)

My only negetive comment is towards Thomson... I would be more inclined to book direct when we return. The Air Hostesses were completely horrific - eye rolling, tutting and general snottyness the entire flight!

Regardless, we found the hotel was filled with lots of other lovely couples who all had a wonderful time. I think anyone who has had a bad experience at this hotel is a real exception and you would be pretty unlucky to have a major complaint of any kind... or just very very particular!!!

I honestly can't recommend it enough!

1  Thank Leeanne S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just arrived back from two weeks at the Sunrise Pearl. We stayed HB and booked through Thomson. No reflection on the hotel but the bus journey there was horrific. It took the best part of two hours to get to the resort, (which is only 40 minutes away from Larnaca) on an old un-air-conditioned bus! By the time we arrived at the Hotel we were hot and agitated.

We booked a partial sea view double room and upon arrival, after all of the hype built up on TripAdvisor, I have to say I was a little disappointed.

The room wasn’t anything special, it was a standard room in my opinion. I have stayed in much nicer rooms at other five star hotels in Cyprus. The bed was massive, which was a plus, the wardrobe was the bane of my life while we were there. It was heavy and kept sticking, making it incredibly difficult to open and close. The bathroom was nice, with his and hers sinks. The shower however was in the bath, which got extremely slippy when the shower was on.

When they say partial sea view they really mean partial! I wouldn’t class what we had as any sort of sea view at all, the balcony basically faced the Vrissiana Hotel next door…. Which was a bit of a disappointment.
Upon arrival the porter showed us how the sound system worked and where everything was etc. We didn’t have a wire for the sound system to connect our iPhone for music so he went away and got us one, which was great – had they sound system worked. The speaker didn’t work in our bathroom and the wire must have had a loose connection because that didn’t work 100% either. We also had to leave an iPhone plug in the socket because it got stuck in there and nothing could get it back out!

The allocation of sunbeds is excellent. Not having to worry about getting a bed is great. We were allocated beds near the kids pool, which when the aqua aerobics is on, the water pours over the edge and soaks the floor beneath your bed, so make sure your bags aren’t on the floor!

We were moved after two or three days to the adults only pool which was much quieter- only one or two kids managed to sneak in on the odd occasion! Maria from the pool bar was also lovely

Food: breakfast is breakfast wherever you go. The food was nice and there was always plenty of it. I can honestly the say that I was really disappointed with the food in the restaurant on an evening, it was just ok and luke warm at best. Not a lot of choice and very samey each night. We ended up using the dine around option more than we had initially anticipated.

I have read several poor reviews about the food at the Greek, but I thought that it was lovely. The portion sizes were decent, it was always hot, and they are much more flexible with what you can choose as part of your HB. The only downside is that I would have liked more choice, and more Greek dishes! As it is, you can’t go wrong with chicken kebab really! If you like Greek food then you should enjoy!

Marcellos has been raved about on here and I really did not enjoy either meal that I had there. To say it’s an Italian is an overstatement. If you want pizza or pasta I’m sure you’re fine but anything else… was just OK. I had a bizarre chicken dish that was meant to be wrapped in breadcrumbs but tasted more like Yorkshire pudding! Rock hard pate and one tiny tiny triangle of toast!

Lemongrass was nice each time we went there, only thing it’s missing is prawn crackers!

We ate out at the Corner Flambe across the road once and it was fab, took a while for food but it was all fresh and fab – would definitely recommend there.

All in all it’s a nice hotel, it’s extremely clean, however, having paid £1500 each I was disappointed. I’ve stayed in a lot of other 5* resorts and the Sunrise Pearl still has some catching up to do….

As someone has previously said ‘some people have been fooled by its sparkle.’

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple