“VERY UNHAPPY ITS SO RUN DOWN”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“VERY UNHAPPY ITS SO RUN DOWN”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is my 3rd visit to this hotel 1st 5yrs ago then once last yr and again this yr, im gutted i would have gladly had this as my holiday every yr but this visit has made me say bye bye to the hotel. We had the top floor room which the pigions loved to do there bussiness which the cleaners never cleaned we started leaving bits of rubbish on the balcony to see if they cleaned but never did. i sound like a hater of this hotel but trust me im not im so upset its made me feel like this, wallpaper falling off blinds hanging down i was all inclusive but had to buy bottles of vodka from the shops because when i was asking for vodka and coke it was gin i reported it to the VERY UN HELPFUL manager and was told my compliaint woulod be passed on to head office he never took my name or anything I will never visit this place again and it make me very sad to say that as my son loved it.

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT MY TRIP

the Entertainment staff!! ONE STOP have a few diomonds in the rough working for them
G Man
Tony
Jerry
and of course Nemo

these people made my holiday great they took time to make sure u r ok and activities where well planned ( nemo ) and well delivered ( g man jerry & tony) the effort and skill they had was second to none they are a credit to there organisation and me and my famiky thank you.

My son loved the holiday and would love to go back again sure but he has no concept of what we got for what we paid, sorry Anastsia but a massive NO and as i said before it kills me to say it as i thought id shere a lot of good time there in the yrs ahead

Room Tip: ask for the big rooms 417 its very nice there all in the corner dont get front of hotel kabab shop o...
4 Thank Gwiddop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Having just got back from the Anastasia yesterday I thought it right to have my say. We arrived roughly at 11pm on Weds the 19th of Sept and were booked here for 2 weeks. The check in process was good and we were given a ground floor room which was spotless when we arrived. As we have never been all inclusive before I didn't know quite what to expect, the breakfast was ok plenty of choice but if you like fatty bacon, this is the place to go. Waterpark 50 meters from the main lobby and was free for us as Thomas Cook customers, the waterpark is really good for most ages but beware, if you buy drinks in there they are mega expensive! Snacks are pretty much on for most of the morning and if you don't fancy anything much, hotdogs, burgers, toasties are on offer which to be fair are pretty good. Lunch was ok had things such as Pizza, Shepherds pie, Lasagne and other things that you would eat at home. Evening meals were suppsoed to be a bit more formal but the dress code was ingnored by 99% of the people in there and the food was always pretty good. Let me start on the on the all inclusive package, you can have anything you want, I saw a one chap pile his plate with as many Chicken nuggets and chips to fill the swimming pool then he topped it off with cheese! I then saw another chap eat 5 burgers in one go! The Russians are the most ignorant people on the planet and they think they have own everything! Drinks are free flowing and the queues at the bar are not as bad as other people make out. We didnt use the hotel pool as the sunbeds usually full and bad reviews put us off, we used the waterpark intsead. I have just looked to see how much it would be to come back next year but Thomas Cook seem to have removed the hotel from its line up which would confirm that the Tssokos group has sold it off.

To sum up

Food Good - bit repetitive but not offensive.
Drinks good - plastic cups but dont let put you off.
Waterpark good - Good choice, bit expensive to get in if not Thomas Cook.
Rooms and cleanliness superb - Maria the maid was excellent.
Staff mixed - some such as Desi and Melinda excellent, others not.
Entertainment - OK but beware of the bingo tickets, rip off.
Thomas Cook Rep Lauren was very good.

2 Thank James N
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

we stayed in the hotel appartments which where faultless we went over for our wedding which was fantastic the hotel staff were very helpful couldnt do enough for us everything was in place for the day the cleaners were good rooms cleaned everyday the food was great everything about the hotel was great 10 days of fun dont take any notice of the reviews you have read would go back tommorow fantastic holiday

Room Tip: poolview with balcony appartments
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

arrived at hotel to be told that we were getting moved to apartments,over the moon when we opened balcony door to see waterpark.rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels and linen,food was average not the best but afternoon snacks were better,plent of beds around pool at this time of year,evening entertainment was shocking as mini disco did not start until 8.45pm every night and only lasted 10 - 15 mins if Gerry could be bothered,same routine everynignt.bingo started at 9.30pm so mini disco could have went longer while they were selling tickets in my opinon as kids got bored looking for something to do.evening entertainment was a joke 3-4 entertainers trying to make you a laugh,what a mess,stage to small,children running about everywhere,no fencing up at stage and next to main road,seating area at back was near pool which was not lit up at night,parents be aware.
if you like bob marley you will like this as a new entertainer started and he sings this every 2nd day,not our liking,thing is he is hungarian with dreadlocks.
weather was great not below 30' every day,nice beach,staff freindly,nice promande and good walks into protarus,good watersports and boat trips, free entry to waterpark if booked with thomas cook.
would go back tomorrow if i could.
ps.Anatolia restaurant amazing in protarus

Room Tip: ask for apartments or superiour rooms facing waterpark to get a good nights sleep
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have come back from this hotel for a family wedding. Having left hubby behind, I was staying at this hotel on my own with my two children. The staff were very accomodating and knew I was on my own (especially the entertainment staff who kept our spirits up) Rooms were cleaned every day, and were very pleasant. They had a fridge and safe but the tv wasn't very good. But we weren't there to watch tv. Corridoors were a little dated but that doesn't reflect the rest of the hotel. Food is available pretty much all day and the boys ate very well. I liked the fact that you had to dress for evening dinner and you were shown to your tables rather than a free for all. Entertainment was varied and the children loved Nemo, the entertainer. Unfortunately we witnessed a few people being extremely rude to the staff but I guess when drinks are flowing all day it is to be expected. Water park was fab for the children, just not included in the AI package. Overall we had a great time and never once felt vulnerable staying on my own. We would deffo go again, but this time for longer.

3 Thank Smithyfamily
Reviewed 25 September 2012

stayed here for two wk got back last thursday was surprised as some of the reviews were not good ! but had a great time cannot fault this place at all rooms were fine very clean maid service everyday staff great food good ! good for kids waterpark good weather was excellent ! only downfall is ur all inclusive stops at 2pm day of departure plus waterpark entry which if you have a nxt day daft a clock flight you have to pay ! it did not affect us as we got picked up at 6.30pm but we did have a late check out room which was 20 euros till 6pm but our all inclusive still stopped at 2pm which ok was only a couple of hrs but to people that was not travelling till late would be maybe a lot to pay out for food and drink ! also make sure your not over your baggage allowance at larnaca airport as i got charged as they are very strict and i didnt even have hand luggage but they wouldnt let me have the 5kilos that i didnt have on hand luggage added to my suitcase so beware ! other than that was a fab hol and will be returning !

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank anneda
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel, staff are friendly, food is wide range, covering for vegetarians. Locals all friendly, the only disappointment was the fishing trip, me and my 14 year old son paid 85 euros to go with Tefkros fishing trip, run by Tassos, supposed to be from 5am until 10am, didn't get picked up untill 5, returned to port at 9.20, when I mentioned to him we were early, he said it was back at hotel at 10, walked through reception at 9.30! Out of 8 people fishing only two caught small fishes, they then had to buy the fish from Tassos!! Better sea fishing in cornwall ( porthleven harbour), you catch good sized fish and keep what you catch plus the skipper will gut it for you for free. Don't bother lining this crooks pockets with your hard earned cash, better of buying a rod and fishing from the shore. Everything else adds up to a good holiday here. You won't be dissapointed

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family