“NOT ALL INCLUSIVE”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 22 May 2014

30 euro for Wifi ....... this is per device, so if you have teenagers in tow and have a phone, i pad and kindle etc, these costs are going to cripple you from day 1 of your holiday. 15 euro per week for the safe, I booked my flights seperate and book my hotel via Thomas Cook to my dismay because i did not book a package I was not allowed free entrance to the waterpark so that was a cost of 15 euro per adult daily and 7.50 per child, or 55 euro per week adult and 32.50 per child. Paid 25 euro for a late check out, was all packed up and was supposed to be out of room for 6pm but was late getting back and at 6.10pm the cleaner had already been in and cleaned my room which offended me a little as my private bags were still in there. So be prepared to have a HUGE amount of your spending money swallowed up within minutes of checking in. Oh attended a wedding and we were allowed to remove our AI bands for the cost of 2 euro per person, you would think they would do it for free seeing as its a wedding and they are not going to look nice in the pictures with everyone wearing ANTASTASIA wrist bands, ah well free advertisement for the hotel i guess.

Was in room 341 and the noise was horrendous, generator going off all the time and then you have the noise from the waterpark directly opposite going off all the time. The shower curtain rail kept falling off daily, luckily not happened whilst was in the bath cos could have been a nasty knock to your head, toilet seat needs replacing its all chipped and nasty looking at first i thought that it had not been cleaned properly.

Now for the positives, the cleaners were in the room daily, and they do work hard, food and drink i cannot fault at all plenty to choose from and the local beer Keo is rather nice, entertainment a bit samey and geared at the younger kids, with bingo in the evenings and fire and magic shows which were okish ...... they passed an our or too but nothing special to shout about.

Pools are nice, but was getting harder and harder to get a sunbed towards the end of the week as the hotel filled up more.. Had to keep going off searching for ashtrays for by the pool which they didnt always have so got a plastic cup with a bit of water inside it to use instead. Got an invite for managers cocktail evening which was hilarious, some fruit punch and a bowl of crisps lol.

Would i stay here again ? I MIGHT if they get rid of all the extra charges, people save hard all year round for their holiday and dont expect to get hit with even more charges on arrival.

Room Tip: Dont have 341 if you need a good sleep on a night
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank emerald123
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

May 25th,

We would like to thank you for your review on trip advisor. Not only possitive, but negative commends, are welcome, so we become better. First of all, its the companies' policy to charge wifi. Secondly, except from Thomas Cook Guests which they are entitled to free entrance to our water Park, the rest of our Guests willing to enter our water Park, have to pay a very reasonable entrance fee. Furthermore, as from now, we will not be charging any wedding groups for removing the wristband during the wedding ceremony-reception and party. In addition to your commend about the noise, you were offered a room change. Finally, we do have plenty of sunbeds available, and I was surpriced that it was difficult to find any sunbeds. As fas as our management cocktail, I will personally take care to enhance it.
Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived at this hotel on the 4th may. The staff were friendly on arrival. After that they all turned sour and rude. The only people that were nice were the entertainers and the man in the restaurant always on the door. The receptionists are rude and stuck up the waiters and waitresses wernet very polite and the barstaff were rude. Not very child friendly either. The bedsheets etc was changed once and we stayed for 10 nights. The floors werent swept properley, the balcony seemed like it was going to collapse. The food was not very nice, the best meal of the day was breakfast. We ate out at the station bar around the corner quite a few times very nice. One of the bar men had took our son out of our sight also without our permission and asked my son if he loved him. We did not find that appropriate so we spoke to the manager and all he could say was he was sorry!! Still let the man keep his job it is sick!!! Will not be returning to this hotel! Would love to go back to protaros as is beautiful but definately do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
32  Thank protaro
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

23rd May,

We would like to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Not only possitive but negative posts help us to improve.
First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments about our entertainers as well as about our Food and Beverage Manager. Secondly, I was surpriced about your comments about our reception staff as well as about our waiters and waitresses, where on the contrary we receive very good comments, not only on trip advisor but also in other forms. As far as your comment about the bedsheets, our policy is to change them every 3rd day, and nothing had been reported from you to the reception desk about not changing them.
Furthermore, as far as the incident with our bar waiter, we spoke about it, and I appologised on behalf of him as well as on behalf of the management, for the incident, nevertheless the waiter had given a final warning letter, before dissmisal. During our conversation, appart from my appologies, I asked you also if anything else we could do in order to compensate for the incident happened, which you told me that its fine.
Our goal at the Anastasia is to keep our Guests happy, and my priority is not to leave any Client leaving the property unhappy.
Thank you.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went as a party of 27 for my daughter's wedding, for 2 weeks, from 23rd April. Couldn't find fault at all with this hotel.
The staff and management were efficient and friendly. The hotel is spotless and food fantastic. Entertainment staff worked hard as did all the staff. The hairdressers in the hotel done a fantastic job with all of us, nothing too much bother.
A beautiful location , and a lovely walk along the boardwalk will take you into protaras.
There is a bus stop nearby if you want to take the bus, it's really cheap. This bus will also take you to ayia napa for 1.50 euro. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Ideal for families, the all inclusive was fabulous. Worth returning to, and thank you to staff at anastasia for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed side sea view, third floor, room 323, no problems. Families stayed at apartments, could ha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LindaS1959
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel 23rd May for 1wk and was just the right time for me. Went all Inc for a change and wasnt disappointed. Was lovely and quiet and the beach just across the road. Most of the staff were lovely and friendly, esp reception staff, Viera and Nona especially. Vicky and of course Renetta, my lovely Hungarian girl i wanted to adopt. All lovely. Very disappointed though in the hotel entertainment. Lovely walk to Protaras town along the beachfront. 20mins or so. Bus service very good. Love the locals. Friendliest in Europe i think. No disrespect but the Russians would need to learn some manners. So rude most of them. Would go back but out of season as it was starting to get noisy. Water park right outside my window and music from am to pm. Had to leave hotel to get peace and quiet. Thanks again you lovely staff. Hope to see you again. Marion

Room Tip: If you want quiet dont book pool view as water park will be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MARION H
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We would like to thank all the staff for another great week. This hotel is fantastic you are made to feel welcome. What we like is the location, right next to a sandy beach, great for a swim and to catch a bit of sun. Stelios, Kiri, Bamba, Edit, Daniel, Anna, Stoyen, Botty, Tassos, and the one-stop team Mimo, and Viki and to the staff we missed a big thanks.
The food is great, always plenty of choice, all day, the bar, has a good variety to choose from plus Keo
As for transfers we did not have that as we booked a private taxi. We would recommend Panicos taxi's.
And Kiri I will catch a big fish.

Room Tip: We always ask for a certain room number, but if we told you we would not be able to get it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank phillipgrace t
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is perfect for a family holiday, just returned from a weeks break over the Easter period, 2014.
We found the room a little small for 3 people but I didnt expect much more from an all inclusive hotel.
Couldnt work out how to use the air con, it came on but it was never very cool so wouldnt have liked to have been there in the height of summer.
The all inclusive package was very good, food and drinks all day long with plenty of variety, my little boy would be quite a picky eater and he never went hungry!
The water park wasnt due to open until the 1st May but the hotel decided to open it early as the weather was so good. This was a great bonus and really broke the week up for us.
The entertainment was ok, it kept the kids entertained. They played bingo everynight which I thought was very expensive at 8euro a sheet and you sometimes felt like you had to take part just to keep yourself entertained. I suppose the down side of all inclusive is you try and stay in the hotel as much as possible, so things can get a bit boring but as I said the kids were kept well entertained.

They held, bowling and dart competitions during the day and also had board games and arts and craft for the children in the afternoon.

There is a small beach just across the road with Frixo's water sports, there is plenty to do here, we payed €40 for 20mins on a jet ski, which my 9 year old really enjoyed. There is a larger beach a 15/20min walk round the coast and the sand is a lot nicer here.

Its a 15/20min walk into the Centre of Protaras were you will find lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

I will definatley return to Protaras it is a beautiful location, I would return to the hotel Anastasia if I was travelling with children but definatley not on a couples break.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BelfastNadine
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was our second visit to the Anastasia in seven months.Its definitely getting better.The surrounding area is excellent with a variety of restaurants.These you will need as the food at the Anastasia is definitely its weak link.The staff and service are tremendous.Kids will love the attached water park.Please make the WiFi free as charging 30 euros a week is ridiculous in this day and age.All the bars surrounding allow you to use it for free.One thing that bothered me was all the fire doors are wedged open and for a hotel in Europe that is a bit of a no no.But we will be returning!

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel rather than the apartments as you will get air con.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple