“Amazingly friendly clean hotel & fantastic value for money”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed 24th may for 1 week with my 22 year old daughter & stayed in the hotel.Arrived quite late 11pm but got checked in really quickly. Staff are amazingly friendly & helpful, rooms clean & spacious, we were on the 1st floor facing the water park which was lovely. Food is lovely, always piping hot & loads of it. Good choice of hot snacks throughout the day restaurant staff are lovely. Always plenty of sunbeds, we always sat by the pool but the beds stretched right back through the gardens & you could use the pool & facilities in the Marlita hotel, the sister hotel. Entertainment, One Stop Entertainment, these guys are amazing & never stop, they try to involve everyone & take the time to get to knew you, led by the amazingly talented & hilarious Mimo, & his beautiful team Miri, Renata, & Anna they will keep you entertained all holiday. The kids club seemed safe & well organised & the young children all seemed to have a great time. Reps were great & really knowledgeable. Will definately be booking this hotel next year.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank LorraineWillis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in the middle of May. The hotel itself is a good one and the public areas do it justice, but look closer and you'll see it needs a bit of a refresh in some areas, a bit tired
The facilities were good, but for example the vents on the pool kept breaking and had to be cordoned off. But the maintenance team are fast and good so I guess this is a solution.
One thing though: we were charged extra for a side sea view, as we had a four yr old with us our travel agent thought it would be nice to have this so we could sit our on the balcony when little one went to bed
What we weren't warned about when we booked was that the side sea view actually overlooks the front of the hotel, overlooking shops and the very popular Blue Spice bar and restaurant. Said bar had regular events where the music/live acts went on until at least 1am!
We realise the hotel can't dictate to other businesses but we should be told about this at the time of booking, so we could choose to book and pay extra or not. Also, we could see the sea if we leant over the balcony and craned our necks to the right! Not worth the money in my opinion.
I would advise anyone booking to ask for rooms in the hotel or apartment overlooking the Water Park (which is brilliant by the way) as it doesn't start till 10 and closes at 6 so will be peaceful for the kids to sleep
In terms of cleanliness, we did find a dusty thong under our bed and from what I could see under the bed hadn't been dusted for months.

The two lifts were breaking down constantly, but again the maintenance team were on it very quickly but did cause a nuisance

The staff were fantastic, especially the ladies in the bar. The Thomas Cook reps are very helpful and the Kids Club Team were brilliant, it was all about if the kids were having a good time, not about taking them off their parents hands. The entertainment team deserve a mention too for their energy and enthusiasm, not an easy job!

The food available between lunch and dinner: I had my doubts about the safety of the food lying out on the hot plate for hours, and it was chips with everything, especially the children's menu in the evening

If you need anything for the kids like buggies, nappies, car seats then ask the rep to contact Holihire, they deliver to the hotel and are good prices. Also car hire cars provide car seats

Overall we had a great time, but wouldn't say this hotel was 4 star more 3 or 3 and half. Don't use the hotel wifi (which you have to pay for) as it's 3G in most areas, or free wifi. And the brochure says satellite tv but all you get is BBC world news! And the hair dryer was a box in the bathroom, not much force but hot

Would we go again to this hotel? Probably yes, but in a different part of the hotel and we felt it was a bit of a con selling sea view rooms that don't overlook the sea

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've just come back from the Anastasia beach hotel,my party consisted of myself and my 8 year old son in one room and my brother,his partner and they're 3 old and 6 month old.
My brother had been to this hotel in 2013 and left me to book it for all of us,on arrival my brother told me it wasn't the same hotel,when I booked with thomas cook I was told the hotel and apartments were all in the same place and I had actually booked the apartments!
On check in my brothers went through smoothly even though he wasn't happy that we weren't going to the hotel,when I checked in I was told there was a problem with my room and I was being upgraded to the hotel,as you can imagine we weren't pleased due to our party being split up.
It was gone midnight so we didn't argue.
My room in the hotel was a superior room,it was spacious,clean and had a huge balcony and sea view,I was happy with the room but little changes wouldn't go amiss,tea and coffee facilities but no milk,the safe isn't free,and the beds are so uncomfortable,the pillows lumpy and I woke up with a bad neck most days.
Now for the food,my only real moan... Breakfast: hot food ok,I had fried egg and toast every day,cold meats and cheese not kept cold and uncovered,every morning I saw flies on the meat
Lunch:one word..crap,very limited choice and I struggled to even eat the chips
Tea: ok,we ate in the restaurant twice,basic but we found it ok.
The restaurant staff were always helpful and polite,the guy on the door was lovely :)

The pools were good,the waterpark was ok,thank god we got in for free because I wouldn't have wasted money on it,the food and drinks expensive

I could proberbly pick at this hotel and go on for ages so I'll just end this with a few points...
1. No pool towels as advertised on thomas cook website
2.no free wifi, 30 euros per device for the week,yet all the bars and restaurants close by have free wifi
3.buggy hire made my holiday! We got ours from George's just up the road,what a lovely guy,he remembered my brother from the previous year and gave us discount and took my brother out fir a drink! Highly recommended!
4.hired a car through one of George's contacts,that guy can pretty much get you anything you want
5.ate at mojitos,just up the road,one word...wow! Beautiful food,lovely British owners and very reasonable prices for the amount of food you get,perfect :)
And finally...hire a car or buggy and get out of the hotel for as long as possible because the rest of the area is fab,figtree bay has got to be one of the nicest beaches in Europe!
I really didn't want to come back here but I may get roped into it because my little one and now my older kids want to go next year I'm still trying to change they're minds but if I did come back I wouldn't spend any time in the hotel or eat there

5  Thank nicola h
Reviewed 30 May 2014

the hotel is very good, the room we were in had a very large balcony. food was good and lots of it all day long, rennatte and the rep's were good. over all the the holiday was very good,but evening entertainment let it down a little,nothing much for teenager's.gareth.

Room Tip: first floor facing the sea had big balcony's
2  Thank gareth r
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here early May for a week all inclusive. The hotel rooms are a little dated, but the beds were comfortable and you don't really live in your room so a dated room wasn't a deal breaker. The food was consistently good and the bracelet of booze included in the package made for lovely lazy afternoons by the pool. It is a bit of a hike into the main town, but the walk along the beach front is easy thanks to the promenade and you will be hard pressed to find water so blue to look at. We did both cruises offered by Shirley Valentine just down the prom from the hotel and at a mere €5 well worth it. The option to take a dip off the boat is not to be missed. Hired a car to check out more of the island and a drive up to the mountains to visit Kykos Monastery. The drive is not for the faint hearted it is a long way up and a long way down with lots of sheer drops and a test for any nervous passenger. This was our first trip to Cyprus and while we may not go all inclusive again the Anastasia Beach Hotel was a great place to explore from and the staff were all really helpful with a particular cheer and hello going out to Edit who always had a ready smile and was a total star.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HomethenAway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Late arrival - the front desk agent, even though friendly was a bit slow & then once we traipsed up to our room with a baby & 3 cases (no offer of a porter) our key didn't work! So one of us had to go back down again!
Over the course of 5 nights we had to replace our key cards 8 times & they were kept away from mobile phones etc at all times!
We were on an all inclusive basis but there wasn't anywhere in the hotel we could get food after a 4hr flight & a 50 minute transfer.
They did say they might have some sandwiches left at the bar! I went to get some & they were stale - with one dollop of butter inside & a very tiny piece of cheese that didn't even cover the bread!
The only other option was to pay €1.30 for a packet of crisps!

The room was ok - we were in 113 - it said superior on the door but I wouldn't say it felt superior apart from the humongous balcony! The bathroom had been refreshed with new tiles & contemporary sink but the bath had a rusty plug hole & the shower curtain had stains and mould along the bottom of it. Towels were supposed to be white but more of a grey very worn look to them.

So as this was a very special holiday for us (my best friends wedding) we decided to put aside our dislikes about the hotel & to try & enjoy what the hotel has to offer - the first day we were meeting out friends for breakfast & then going to the waterpark which is part of the hotel & is stated as a facility by our tour operator - Travel Republic / med hotels or delta wing.
We tried to access the water park & were told that this wasn't included on the all inclusive unless we booked through TC! There was no mention of this when booking.
We went to reception to check this was the correct info & a very rude English lady looked up from her note pad & just said "Yes" there was no smile on her face or polite how can I help you?!
As an employee of a top worldwide tour operator I was absolutely horrified that this was how the hotel staff speak to their guests!

Anyway she said it's not included as we booked through Med Hotels & Delta wings - and pointed at a price list standing on the front desk!
€15 per adult per day!!! What was the point in going all AI?! She completely dismissed our concerns & walked up the other end of the front desk to avoid discussing this any further! Shocking!!

Refundable deposit Of €20 for ironing board!
(Who's going to run away with an iron & board!) this is just one of the basics I would expect to be in our room.

On the evening of the 22nd May at about 6:30pm, I rang one of my family members in another room but had forgotten their room Number so I called reception to transfer me - she huffed a few times like it was too much like hard work for her!! & then 5 minutes later we tried to call another guest room - to which the lady replied you can't keep calling rooms! Are you going to be doing this all evening? I asked why & said there is 50 of us staying here so if I need to speak to someone I expect you to transfer me! She huffed & sniggered a few times more before putting me through! Bare in mind this was our second call to the desk for a room transfer!

lunch was basic buffet - very little choice - mainly chips & a pasta dish & a frozen pea/sweetcorn mix!!
Highchairs were always wrapped in cling film - I assume this means cleaned/sterile - unwrapping the cling film the seat & straps were covered in the last baby's food! Vile!
On several occasions the straps were missing.

One day our Room was cleaned but toilet roll wasn't replenished -
So we called down to front desk at 6pm to say there wasn't any toilet roll left & the lady said housekeeping went home at 5pm! I asked what she expected me to do & in the end she said she would get some sent to us somehow!
This isn't something I would even expect to be an issue for a 4* hotel - she should simply of said sorry about that il get some up to you straight away!!

The swimming pools were clean but cold - however the grates around the outside of the pool were dirty & broken & & numerous people complained of cutting their foot on it

One of the only good thing about the Hotel is a few of the staff members were roundly and tried their best. Kremena, Kata and the Entertainment were helpful and smiley. Perhaps you could transfer these people to Reception.

5  Thank NKgus
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

June 12,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. Not only possitive but negative reviews help us to improve. I was really surpriced the way you described the behaviour of our English lady who is working at the reception. The feedback we receive from our Guests about the service provided by our receptionists is between very good and excellent.
Furthermore, I was also surpriced by your comment about the cold sandwiches we provide to our late arrivals. Even though we are not obliged to provide any, as a good gesture we do provide to all of our late arrivals, which so far nobody complaint for their quality. As far as about your comment about your bath curtain, after an investigation I went through, you did not report such an incident at the reception.
In addition, we only provide free entrance to our water park to all T/Cook Guests. You have to contact your travel agent, and not to blaim our Hotel.
At last, concerning your post about our lunch buffet, which is based on a week rota, with a large variety of cold refreshing salads, hot dishes, fresh seasonal fruits and sweets, all of the comments we receive about our food variety and quality, is between very good and excellent.
Thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Entertainment is poor 1hour of children's club , I game bingo and one hour with the entertainment team that's it . Food only warm and chips chips and more chips , best for
families and those that want to be in bed by eleven every night.

• Stayed: May 2014