“excellent family holiday”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 20 June 2014

we stayed at the anastasia appartments for 10 nights the begining of june. We booked with thomas cook and had free access to the onsite waterpark which the kids loved. The whole of the complex was very clean and the staff were very friendly. There was a good choice of food all day long our children loved the fresh pancakes for breakfust. We never had a problem getting a sunbed around the pool no matter what time of the day it was. Our children aged 9 and 5 enjoyed the thomas cook kids clubs and also met dizzy and shades and had chocolate parties. Also the one stop entertainment team are great they do alot of activities around the pool in the day time and a minni disco for the children at night and the bingo. This has been our best all inclusive holiday and will be coming back again. There is a small cove across the road from the hotel and also 10 mins down the road is fig tree bay the watersports are a bit cheaper there to.
overall a excellent holiday.
cheryl & shaun bristol

Room Tip: appartments have lots of room and the beds are very comfy.
10  Thank cheryl t
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

June 21st,

We would like to thank you for your post on trip advisor. The Management and Staff at the Anastasia Hotel will be glad to accomodate you again at our property.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Visited this hotel for the third time now. It's a really good place to stay with good food and clean rooms. The only issue we had, was when my wife asked for an extra towel at the reception, the F/O manager was very rude. She should not be allowed to get out of her office with that attitude. Other than that everything was great. There is a bus stop really close and we could move around quite easily.

12  Thank Louis L
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner have just returned from 10 nights here. This was our third time and we weren't disappointed! Not quite sure how people can put such bad reviews of this hotel on here!

The staff at this hotel are lovely - especially Kata and Alex they really stood out for us.

The pool is really nice & you can always find a sun bed. The water park is awesome we spent a lot of time here. The lifeguards are up for a laugh, splashing you as you go round the lazy river etc.

The food is really good, they have different themed nights and there is always something to eat & the fresh meat was delicious!!

Obviously this is no fault of the hotel but there are a lot of rude Russians who like to push on queues etc.

The entertainment was slightly better than the last time we stayed in 2012, with One Stop Entertainment being back. However, was not as good as the team in 2011, it was very repetitive with bingo & the kids entertainment with the same songs every night. The entertainment acts were also rather poor - the best night was the pirate magician who was pretty good!

The Thomas Cook reps were helpful & were there when you needed them. The swap box was a good idea where you can leave any unwanted things such as lilos & suncream.

Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday & if the rooms were modernised this hotel would be perfect!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank emily_jo24

June 21st,

We would like to thank you for your post on trip advisor. The Management and Staff at the Anastasia Hotel will be glad to accomodate you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just visited the Anastasia for the 2nd time and again great food,appartment spotlessly clean and well maintained. We did have an issue with the card reader failing in the apartment door but having about 8 maintenance people tackle the problem for a few hours it did get resolved!! Excellent pool area and plenty of loungers, hotel staff polite and very friendly,one stop entertainment team were visible throughout the day with darts,water polo,aerobics etc. The only disappointment was the Thomas cook kids entertainment which was very sporadic,the characters Dizzy and Shades were hastily paraded around the pool on occasional days but blink and you missed them!! Overall apart from the kids entertainment great hotel in a lovely location.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor in the apartments as the laundry is quite noisy in the evening and also rooms facing...
4  Thank babyTJO
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Spent 10 days at anastasia beach came home feeling so let down. Arrived after 1 am due to cases still being in Manchester not a good start ! Was greeted with a sweaty sandwich and a receptionist who struggled to speak English .
Room not what we booked , had emailed before hand and received a reply which I showed reception staff to be informed reservation staff had not passed this on. We were moved the following day but you do not want the inconvenience when on holiday !
Thomas Cook took no responsibility for luggage being left in Manchester stating it was the luggage handlers responsibly - we explained our contract is with Thomas Cooke not the baggage handlers ! Advice by rep to take up with our insurers again this is meant to be a holiday.
Hotel - where do I begin , I did report disgusting toilets , the pool toilets need to be closed ! Rooms were clean but in need of a refurbished , felt like it was 1970 !
Entertainment think I must of blinked , the music in the day was so Loud hard to talk at times so many people complaining and the hotel say they monitor this !
Could go on and on !
Cyprus is a beautiful place and people work so hard , would recommend the red bus tours and Shirley valentine boat trips the highlight of our holiday !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
32  Thank allieyson1
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

June 17,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. Not only possitive commends but negative help us to improve. First of all our reservation manager handled your request the day after, so your issue was solved the soonest. Concerning your commend about our Pool toilets, are thoroughly cleaned couple of times during the day, but I will take immidiate action for a better and efficient cleaning. Our rooms are recently refurbished, and I was surpriced by the way you described them. Its true that some times the music during the day was a bit of loud, but I have already took action, and is being monitored by our entertainment manager.
Our aim at the Anastasia Hotel is to keep our Clientelle as satisfied as possible, and all management and staff are working really hard and spend great effort to do it so.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 10 nights here with my 1 year old daughter and partner. We had a amazing holiday and would with out a doubt come back to Cyprus just not this hotel. I know the star ratings abroad
Aren't the same as English but this hotel is not a 4 star. We arrived on the Sunday night around 12ish we were handed a sandwich to take to are rooms which wasn't nice. The rooms are clean but very out dated we had 2 single beds pushed together. The hotel is full of Russians not very many English. The communal areas of the hotel are very dirty and there's no way thomas Cook should be selling this as a 4 star. The tables and chairs were the night entertainment and the pool is are really dirty I never once saw a bar person wipe the
Very sticky and some had bird poo on from the whole time we were there. Although to be fair the rooms are a lot cleaner than
The hotel. The high chairs I've got to say are also in need of a good clean. The food was really nice the tea time was always
The nicest always had a joint of meat and different fish every night. The staff are nice and friendly and do work very hard and long hours. The entertainment of a night got to say is rather poor feel bad saying that because they are lovely people. It's not organised one bit and it's the same every night mini disco with the same 4 songs then bingo! On Mondays Thomas Cook do the night time entertainment with is a lot better than the one stop. The pools are lovely the aqua park is great we spent full days there is great for kids although you don't get the all inclusive whilst in the aqua park even tho it's part of the hotel you have to use there bar and pay and it's expensive .The indoor pool is okay the toilets were the gym and indoor pool are smell of wee I couldn't use it was disgusting to be fair. I had a massage paid
10 euros firstly the lady left the door wide open while I was taking my tankini off while people were walking passed and the massage was more like a Chinese burn she didn't put enough oil on I tried to tell her she could t u understand what I was saying. The Thomas Cook reps were lovely and nice and helpful. If your going to book a holiday in Cyprus we went to see the magic dancing lights which was amazing was so worth the money. The nemo boat trip in ayia napa is brill to. We got that bored of the cheap unorganised entertainment we decided to go to the sister hotel next door! I've got to say it was so much better than our hotel. It was clean so modern the entertainment was fun and the team out English, the people of the sister hotel even got to drink out of glasses and not plastic ones waiters brought drinks to the table which we never got in our hotel. The sister hotel had
Leather beds by the pool with cushions for sun bathing and hamicks our hotel didn't over all it looked nicer and more like a 4 star than our hotel I was guttered we haven't booked that one. Only thing is you can use the sister hotels pools and stuff but can't use your all inc and have to pay full price for drinks usually sister hotels you can eat and drink there on your all inc. we spoke to a few people here that have been before years ago and said the hotels gone down hill a lot it needs a refurb. Also in our room there was a mini fridge and the shelf it was on was dirty rottening wood it was nasty. Personally if your thinking of booking this hotel is recommend you look at the sister hotel first it's called the marlia beach hotel and apartments it was just a million times nicer and cleaner than ours. A lot more Brits there aswell. Am not usually one to complain but I feel Thomas Cooke need some one senior out to this hotel about the ratings because it's no way a four star we stayed in a 3 star in Palma nova last year which was 100 times better than this one. It was rather expensive the price we payed Aswell which is why am going to email a complaint to Thomas Cooke. Defo go to Cyprus it's a fab country and the people are lovely!!

• Stayed: June 2014
11  Thank Jemmarichx
TsokkosCyprus, Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

June 15,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. Not only possitive but negative commends help us to improve. First of all I have to mention that you did not contact me at all to pass to me your commends about our Hotel. Furthermore, we do not have any see view rooms at the Anastasia appartments, rather two types of appartments, 1 bedroom appartments and studios, which either face our water park or the street. Its true that we play music during the day at the water park, but the volume is well monitored by the bar staff. As far as your commend about the Sat TV, we do have available BBC channel. Nevertheless, after contacted the T/Cook representative, I was informed that you were offered a front see view room at the Hotel, '208', where you were also refunded a considerable amount of money. As fas as your commends about the condition of our appartments, I was really surpriced, on the contrary the commneds we receive about the cleanliness are very good to excellent. Anyhow, either the representative of T/Cook, or any other member of our Reception staff, did not pass to me any of your complaints, what you have so far mentioned on your review.
Our aim at the Anastasia Hotel, is to provide to our Clients, the best possible holidays ever, and we do handle in case of any complaints with all necessary attention.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Booked 10 days at the anastasia after being there 4 years ago which I found great, however this time, very disappointed, let me start by sayinying the bar and Resuarant staff were great and work hard. I booked an apartment with sea view via Thomas Cook, on arrival at night I did not receive what I booked and paid for, it took 3 days of complaining before we were moved to a room with a sea view, again not what I booked and paid for but better than over looking a water park and waist pipe, the linin was dirty, the white towels are not white, the rooms are dirty, the so called satellite TVs do not work in the Anastasia in any room, there seems to be a big problem at this hotel now as more English people arrived they all complained that they did not receive what they booked and paid for, some arrived and had no rooms at all and had to be moved to another hotel for a few days, I am not sure what type of scam is going on with the Anastasia but regardless of what you book and pay for the Anastasia seem to give you what they like and will charge you hundreds of Euros if you want to change, The Thomas Cook reps are as much good as a chocolate tea pot, and all they will say is I don't know you will have to claim when you you get home?
Also even if you have paid for extra leg room for the flight home including a meal, does not mean you will get it or even the flight you are booked, we were numbed to a Thomson flight with nothing I had paid for, and let Cyprus hours after the Thomas Cook flight, againI was told you will have to claim the money back when you get back, I will never ever use Thomas Crook again, or go back the Anastasia , do your blood pressure a favour and book somewhere else, and may I say not with Thomas Crook

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple