“Perfectly ok, some flaws.”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 5 July 2014

With a young family all inclusive works well for me, I have recently been to a Riu hotel in Morocco and an Accor in Egypt and I thought these were of a higher standard with bigger rooms and better food.
The rooms are very small, that said I do travel with 2 children so the rooms are not really set up for 3 in many places. I thought the food was very average, some nights better than others. All inclusive drinks were much the same as most places. The pool was nice and the gardens around with plenty of beds which were relaxing. The entertainment was very regular day and evening, the entertainment staff seem to make a real effort to get people involved. The water park is a good addition for those that like this sort if thing. Not much on the doorstep but all close enough. local trips are good and readily available. My one main tick for the place is that it is very child friendly in terms of facilities and entertainment. One thing that would make a big difference is an outside/ pool bar.

3  Thank Andy_and_Daniel2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our 2nd time this year and we never get disappointed with the welcome we get from all the staff.
We want to say a big thank you for making our 2nd holiday just as good as ever, we never get disappointed with this hotel and the welcome we get from all.
The staff work so hard and always there to help.
Do as we do and tell everyone about this hotel, so many have visited this hotel from recommendation from the tallis' and we will continue to tell all.
Hello to the lady with red hair on reception.
We can't wait till our next holiday at this fantastic hotel.
See you all soon

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tallisfamily112
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Me my partner and 3year old son stayed at the Anastasia from 15-23rd June 2014. We arrived at the Anastasia quite late due to the flights so were all tired. We were checked in quickly with no issues and was allocated room 004 on the ground floor just a couple of yards main reception and restaurant which was great.

Rooms were what you would expect but very clean. My only issue was there wasn't many clothes hangers and only 3 small draws for my sons clothes so we did live out of our suitcases. Yes the TV only has 1english channel but we didn't go away go watch TV so wasn't an issue for us. The beds were the best I'd slept in abroad v comfy. Our room was cleaned every day with clean towels.

The all inclusive was brilliant lots of choice for breakfast with my little boy loving the fresh pancakes and omelettes every day! The lunch was ,also lovely with plenty of choice of salads pasta and fruit was always cold which was great it being so hot their! If u missed lunch the snacks were great especially for my son as could get chicken nuggets, burgers etc and was always different everyday. The burgers were amazing and home made! Evening meal there was always freshly cut mean available very delicious.
The breakfast n dinner were served in the main restaurant where as lunch and snacks were served in the bar area which was also access to the pool which for my family was great as u could eat your lunch by the pool.

The staff worked extremely hard and always cleared up the plates and empties very quickly, we had no issues with staff they were all great n loved kids a young man at the bar even opened the ice cream fridge early as we hadn't realised it was too early! Which I thought was very kind .. plus prevented a 3year old tantrum in the bar!

Drinks were served in plastic cups if round the pool which wasn't an issue with their being so many children it made sense! cocktails were fab.. be warned they r strong! Lol

The pools were great n we had fantastic weather so were often in them before 10am and it was warm enough. Water park was great my little boy loved it. U can't use all inc while at the park but we just took a large bottle of water so was fine for us and the hotel is right next door so was easy just to pop bk if needed. The entertainment team had water aerobics and water polo everyday n did play music we didn't find this too loud despite other reviews it did make a great atmosphere around the pool!

The entertainment was run by one stop team and was good for kids we didn't see any shows as these started at 10pm and my boy was tired before then. The kids mini disco was great thou n they really try hard getting all the kids up n adults clapping along!

We didn't use the Thomas Cook rep but we did find a boat trip place just a short walk down the beach at very reasonable prices. We went for a wedding so didn't do any trips but definitely will do next time. The beach near the hotel isn't great n very rocky but a short walk along the beach - which is all decking and brilliant if u love walking as u can walk for miles along it we found a lovely clean beach.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday n will definitely return to the Anastasia next year .. we already looking at dates to return! Would definitely recommend brilliant hotel.

16  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just arrived home yesterday , what can I say we had the best holiday ! From the restaurant staff and bar staff who were extremely helpful and pleasant, to the entertainment crew ( Mimo Renata Mary & Anna ) who lets be honest went to great lengths to get everyone involved we had a blast !! Already trying to book for next year. Would recomend this hotel to families and to couples looking for spot on accomodation with easy access to resort and surrounding areas we were a group of 6 adults 3 children and an infant.

12  Thank stacy j
Reviewed 26 June 2014

By far the worst hotel ever on the planet. Staff is extremely rude and if by chance they answer your questions they have no knowledge. Only reason we picked this hotel was that it was next to the beach so we did not have to drive there. Very, very expensive. I know some Greek and my boyfriend is black, I heard them call him "Mavro" behind our back. We ignored it. We were scheduled to stay for a week but we took off after the second night. They were very disrespectful to my boyfriend and gave me funny looks too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
180  Thank Kristina J
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned from Anastasia hotel Cyprus,hotel was great food and drink fab,hotel room basic but clean,resort nice and quiet for sleep in at night.staff very friendly and helpful,water park a nice extra,entertainment team brilliant....Mimo Rene,Anna and Marie where fantastic,made the holiday with all there activities....Mimo fantastic fire show ,would recommend this hotel and would recommend go back...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank janice_hazell
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got back from a fantastic 2 week holiday in cyprus. The anastasia hotel is fantastic. The food is great and so were the staff. The entertainment team mimo, renata, Anna and the other girl were brilliant and worked really hard. Cannot fault a thing with the holiday and the waterpark was brill especially for my 4 year old daughter. Will b re-booking to return to this hotel next year. Most of the negative comments are just petty, I go on holiday to enjoy myself not look for all the small problems in the hotel. I will recommend the anastasia to everyone. (Just wish the Russians would learn to smile and queue).

13  Thank Villagough