“Easy break”

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Easy break”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

visited this hotel 16th March. enjoyable & very relaxing at this time of year. weather was fantastic. very comfortable rooms, food was very good & the service was without fault, especially the Atrium bar. not much entertainment at this time but enjoyable. owing to the time of year not much open, but the weather aloud for plenty of time outdoors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alan_clare770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a lovely relaxing stay at constantinos the great in February. The area of protarus it self is like a ghost town at this time of year, but the hotel was lovely. We were fortunate to have such lovely weather.. I must mention the staff at the hotel, they are friendly helpful and don't mither which we have had before. The waiters are great and in particular I want to mention a waiter named Artimas: He and one of the other waiters went out of their way to take my 15 year old son and my husband squid fishing after they had finished work for the day, I felt this was very nice of them to take time out for them. I hope he gets to read this so I can say thank you again! I highly recommend Constantinos the great!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Victicious
newcastle on tyne
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel restored my faith in the tsokkos group of hotels.I knew that this part of the island is shut at this time of year.That was one of the attractions.Perfect peace,no noise from the strip.We were lucky enough to have a week of sunshine.Staff very friendly,especially the bar staff.Maid service excellent.However the indoor pool area seriously let this place down,with the side areas covered in dirty water and a rotton corn plaster floating at the bottom,the person looking after this area only interested in increasing his muscles in the gym.Although defnitely falling short of 5 stars still a fabulous place to be.Food not 2 bad.Beds extremely comfortable.Booked with Monarch,on the whole good value trip.

4 Thank Clare M
Peterborough
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We've just returned from a week at this fabulous hotel! The hotel was quite difficult to find, as we had hired a car, but once we managed to find it, we can honestly say that we were not disappointed at all. We had missed the evening meal, due to a delay, so the porter arranged to bring up some sandwiches to the room, (how kind) and they gave us a voucher for lunch the next day! Couldn't grumble at the sea view room we booked - directly opposite Protaras beach, a very enviable position indeed.
Food at the hotel was super - lots of choice for breakfast, juices, cooked breakfasts, cereals, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, fresh bread! Plenty of choice. Extremely attentive staff at meals, always clearing away your plates - very discreetly.
Evening meals were just as good! Plenty of choice, meats, pastas, rice, Chinese, carvery and delicious salad mixes. The deserts look nice, but they don't use fresh cream, so it's a bit synthetic for my tastes....but there was a little ice-cream station, just to the right of the main serving station, so that suited me. Or, there was a cheese board selection, which went down well with a glass of house red wine!
The rooms were well equipped and serviced everyday. Our maid, who looked after us, on room 247, was a very sweet lady and always had a smile for us. She replenished all toiletries etc and made our beds, cleaned the floors, washed cups etc. Very, very good.
Staff at Reception were equally pleasant and very friendly. We enjoyed Elias's friendly smile each time he saw us, and this was helped by the fact that I could speak a little Greek as well!
The only drawback for us, we that we paid for WIFI, but the service was flaky and not very good at either staying connected or even getting a connection.
The resort is pretty much closed this time of year, but we enjoyed the quietness of the place, and had a car to travel about the island. May be a bit quiet if you were just resort based, especially this time of year? Depends what you want.
If we can get a good flight next year for half term, we will be booking this hotel again.
Good choice for a hotel!

Room Tip: If you book a sea view room this time of year, you will only get early morning (easterly sun). If y...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Treezy
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here in July 2013 for 10 nights as we were a wedding party of 11. This hotel is in a great location and Protaras is a resort that I think every person would enjoy.

The hotel I think is classed as a 5 star?? though I wouldn't class this as 5 star more a hig 4 star if you like! The staff were very attentive and as we were attending a wedding at the hotel, catered to all our requirements. 1 gentleman (Basil) was brilliant and we had a brilliant laugh with him.
Everything was spotless! however in one of our rooms (my room) I did find the fold out bed I had been given so uncomfortable! I had to put the spare sheets and towels underneath the thin fold out mattress to make it more comfy. This of course didn't ruin my holiday and we enjoyed every minute! Would definetly stay again if the right deal came available.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have just returned from a very disappointing weeks holiday in cyprus, a beautiful island closed down for winter. We booked this hotel because of the facilities it has and the reviews available here on trip advisor. Whilst the hotel is a bit worn here and there it is on the whole not bad but not 5 stars as advertised in holiday brochures and not a winter destination. Apart from the hotel there is just one other bar open and nothing else. Protaras is closed for the winter and so the place is empty. Void of all human life! so not the makings of a memorable holiday in Cyprus. Our room ( 119) was in need of a bit of attention, the wall paper was peeling and the laminate floor was buckled and worn, giving the room a rather shabby and tired look! To be fair though the beds were extremely comfortable and we would have slept like the dead but for the mosquitos! We would have closed the patio doors in an evening to keep them out but the heating was on, unbearably so and no air con to level the temperature out! We were booked as all inclusive and while this works very well, the food available was ok, you could always find something acceptable to eat. It was the drinks side of the deal I personally was very disappointed in. The wine wine was either warm, cool or just undrinkable. The local beer was ok but don't bother with the spirits,your liver might not survive. On the whole the hotel is fine with wonderful staff and great views. I would stay again but not in the winter months and not for the evening entertainment, listening to 80's hit records and the clock ticking behind the bar is not my idea of a fun evening! Entertaining yourself was the order of the day! Oscar Wilde once said you should always have something scandalous to read! Thank goodness I brought my diary otherwise I would have been bored to death all week.

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking Fig tree bay, worth the extra money the view is fantastic.
1 Thank Westiebrisi
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First off lots of comments made are fair.The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly I would highly recommend booking pool view even if you pay extra its worth it for view and sun.. Nearly everywhere near this time of year is shut so it is very quiet in the area. The breakfast seemed to be pretty good buffet style. I didnt appreciate the dinner is also buffet style and although always good choice of food unless you were lucky and it had just been replenished it was always tepid never hot which is disappointing and there were no real alternatives in the town open. Our room was spacious but little tired with some of wallpaper peeling and under beds hadnt been cleaned for a very long time thick dust . Pity you have to pay for WiFI and things like mini bar key this seems to me rather unnecessary just include it and charge slightly more.

So in summary excellent location ,amongst friendliest staff I have seen anywhere in hotels,breakfast fine I would have liked to have had an alternative to dinners which were not buffet style and served at table . Not 5 star but then you are not paying 5 star prices to stay here either so pretty good value all round and with some improvement to dining , choice of wines and the coffee served at the bar was very poor tasting and weak,it could be excellent value at this time of year

Wonderful location right on the beach but not 5 star but I would certainly consider for a winter stay again if it was similar price but maybe slightly later when more is open in town nearby.

Room Tip: Always book a sea view room the alternative view is poor and doesnt really get sun glad I paid for t...