“Koi Lounge Bar & Restaurant”
Review of Capo Bay Hotel

Capo Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have a second home in the area so we are always trying new restaurants. Koi is an Asian/Mediterranean fusion restaurant and at first we were a little apprehensive about their menu but were not at all disappointed with our starters and main courses. I had the black cod which was delicious. Good selection of cocktails and wines, and very professional service. The setting is amazing overlooking the Fig Tree Bay at Protaras. We will definitely be back not just for dinner but also for cocktails in the evenings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SMH15
Write a ReviewReviews (1,780)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

You have to realise, I am someone who has always take the view that as it is a very large world, with so many places to explore, I have never been back to the same holiday resort or hotel before. So why have I just returned from my third consecutive holiday at Capo Bay Protaras?

Simple answer, it is such a great place to wind down, experience great food and wine, hotel facilities, fronting the best beach in Cyprus, and close (but not too close) to the local centre.

One point I will make and that is just how surprisingly good the local wines are. Certainly Cyprus has the ideal weather but I realised I had not sample many in previous visits. They are really good.

The staff are always pleased to see me, and go out of their way to make everyone feel special. Capo Bay manages to successfully bridge the gap between homely friendliness and luxury, and I am already looking forward to returning their in 2015.

Room Tip: Try to book a sea view room as the view across the bay is worth paying the extra.
2  Thank Derrick F
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Capo Bay for 3 days in May. The lobby, restaurants, spa and bars are nicely renovated but unfortunately the rooms are not. For such a nice hotel it's a shame to have such rooms. They really need renovation the soonest. The breakfast was lovely, the pools were fantastic and the service was excellent. Small gym though with minimum equipment...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dena D
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel, in the center of Protaras, next to the sea. Breakfast buffet was very good, staff in all departments was very kind. Spa treatment was pleasant and relaxing. At Koi restaurant there is a lake with a lot of koi fishes which is impressive, especially for young children. The view of the sea is amazing from Koi restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just got back from this holiday and was so hoping to give this hotel a higher rating but the sleep deprivation really spoiled it for us. We booked 2 interconnecting family rooms with an inland view but the banging music until 1am was not good. After the second night, we told reception who kindly moved us to 2 partial sea view rooms but unfortunately the noise was worse from this side of the hotel. As my children of 12 and 8 were upset because they couldn't get to sleep, I followed the music which comes from a nearby pub called the Love Boat that does karaoke and live entertainment from 10pm-1am every night. I told reception but there was nothing they could really do about it until after midnight.

It wasn't just the music though...bin lorries, recycling trucks and wheelie bins being dragged right outside made such a racket from stupid o'clock in the morning, we basically got about 4 hours sleep a night. Being light sleepers, we were hoping for a quiet holiday which is why we went in May (we did request quiet rooms when booking).

We could not go out on our balcony or open the doors because of the fumes and stench that came from just below (we were in rooms 201/203).

We didn't complain to reception again as we really didn't want to have to pack and move rooms for a second time in a week, or come across as being pests. They must have been aware these rooms had noise problem from previous complaints.

The food was good, although from other reviews I was expecting exceptional. Perhaps the food where we live is of such good quality we never really find anywhere else that matches up.

The staff were very pleasant and the hotel is well located for the beach.

Room Tip: Interconnecting inland view rooms and partial sea view rooms can experience noise from both the hote...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank P0shie
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Got talked into staying at the capo bay wasn't looking forward to it as I don't like hotels. But what a revaluation!!!! Location is breathtaking. The food was absolutely outstanding, so amazing we didn't eat anywhere else! Staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us (special mention to Katarina and Marius). Breakfast was the best!! Room was very comfortable and clean. Spa was outstanding as we're the restaurants in the hotel. Lovely views as is right on the beach. 2 weeks was enough, will definitely being going back next year!!

4  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at the capo bay hotel in April with my husband and my daughter and her husband and their baby. The stay was amazing, I did yoga every morning with the yoga teacher Naomi who was lovely and adjusted the class for everyone's needs. The breakfast in the hotel was absolutely amazing! I had champagne and strawberries every morning. A waiter, Marius was very helpful and understanding of my gluten allergy and could not do enough to ensure I was happy with every meal. Meals and cakes were specially made by the head chef. The rooms were very modern and clean. All the staff from the housekeeping staff to management (especially Katarina) were very friendly and so helpful. Was an amazing stay as the hotel is in an amazing location. Would recommend to anybody!!!!

3  Thank LR562014