“Towel !!!!”

Windmills Hotel Apartments
“Towel !!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The only bad comment I have is about the towels !!! They only get changed once a week , the staff were great and really helpful , tony the pool bar man was fantastic , ran the bar and served food so efficiently

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I used to work in the area and I haven't been able to come in a long time. I called a friend and he suggested that I come with the family for a day or two. When we arrived we meet up with the staff and they were friendly. My little one jumped in the pool straight away. And the rest of us sat in the restaurant to get some lunch. We ordered the 4 personal fish platter which was filling enough. The menu consisted of refreshing tastes but in summer fish is always the best way to go.

1 Thank eomolca1
Protaras, Cyprus
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Its the second time that we have booked this hotel and it is awsome. The staff is very friendly and the appartments are very warm, nice and clean. Full kitchen facilities included, the pool was very clean and the value of money was very good. I will definitely visit it again.

1 Thank Nexuss
Lancaster, England
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Windmills Hotel Apartments is very special. We've been there twice, and I'd be sad if we didn't go there again. The family who run it are so accessible and nice. The apartments are spacious and a welcome haven to kick around in when you're not out looking at lovely Cyprus. The food is basic, buffet food, but very nice and there's enough choice for main courses. The welcome we received, and the fact that we were remembered from out previous visit, made us feel completely at home. Cleaning is efficient, and the owners take great pride in maintaining the outside areas and the gardens. The only criticism I have is that the internet connection is terrible and very hit and miss. There are ways round this, but it was frustrating. The diving school attached to the hotel is wonderful. Fantastic holiday! Can't wait to see them again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank daisylawnmower
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Although I'm not really eligible to comment as I haven't stayed at this hotel yet I found a lot of the negative comments were harsh to say the least, however this has not put me off and my husband and two children are looking forward to visiting soon. I found that the positive comments totally out weight the negative, most of which seem like a witch hunt !!! I don't know what business it is of any holiday maker that the owner owe anyone money and I also found it rather amusing that someone was shocked to have ants In there room.....WHERE THEY LEFT FOOD OUT ! ?? I live in larnaca, Cyprus and on a budget it's hard for us to find hotels in our price range but this hotel is such a bargain it's worth a try, we know we won't get the ritz or Hilton but its nice knowing we can go 2 a family run hotel with pool, entertainment, bars and restaurant all on a budget ! hopefully the next time I wright on here will be with a brilliant review.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
troon, ayrshire
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here last week. Room very clean although very basic for self catering - 2 ring gas hob is the only cooking facilities provided. We had no hot water for the full week and when we tried to shower, the bath filled up. Obviously blocked drains, which made the room rather smelly. Reported first day, nothing done about it.
Food is really good both at the pool and in the Restaurant. Entertainment every night which was great fun.
Pool side was often taken over by noisy off duty staff and their friend/families which made relaxing by the pool rather hard.
Very central for all the local bars and Protaras.

Room Tip: make sure the water in the bath drains away
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pami43
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We are going to the windmills again this year, this will be our tenth visit. i cannot understand all the negative ratings for this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are spotless with towels changed most day, facilities are great. I am not sure what people expect but would advise they do not take any notice of the negative comments, go and make your own mind up, i think you will be surprised.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple