“Barbie girl lol!!!”

Windmills Hotel Apartments
“Barbie girl lol!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Another fantastic stay at windmills brill staff excellant taxi service!! Will be back in October for the party car,nt wait won,t be hiring any buggys this time and dave will leave the phone at home haha see you soon guys xx

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Paphos, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Booked 5 nights but left after 3 which probably manages to convey our level of satisfaction more than a lengthy review would. Staff were unfriendly and clearly had no interest in tourists or future business. Room was large and reasonably clean but tatty and dated with no comfortable furniture and little security due to faulty locks, no change of towels and 9 euros a day for air con was a joke. Parking was 'abandon it anywhere IF you can find a space'.
They could do so much to improve the place but no-one seemed interested.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KathD713

Travellers are raving about these Protaras hotels

salonica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Windmills is just a cheap place to stay.Don't expect much.

Breakfast and dinner are unbelievably poor.If you go half-board,you will starve.That's for sure.Better go self-catering,there are good restaurants around the hotel.The meals at Windmills are a bad joke!Shame on the owner!

The rooms are too old and filthy with lots of insects.Bathroom is disgusting!!!The beds are hard.The bed linens and towels are washed and left to dry outside in the sun in the hotel garden on plastic chairs and on plants!!!Unbelievable but true! Birds,insects and cats sit on the linens and towels.

A/C is extra(9 euros per day).The tv remote-control costs 20 euros(you get your money back when you check out and give the remote-control back to the reception).

The staff is rude.There is usually nobody at the reception so you have to wait for a long time if you need anything.

I still haven't mentioned the best of all!If you want to take a shower you must check two things:first if there is water and second if there is hot water.On the first night I took a cold shower.The next day I mentioned the problem to the receptionist and I was told that the technician would fix the problem. That was a very big lie of course since there was hot water only for one hour each day!!!

Last but not least, remember one thing never never never again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank salonica s
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

First time in Cyprus and if i do go back i would not stay at the Windmills
my reasons are

1, The staff are so miserable its untrue apart from Stelios on the pool bar and the Morning receptionist, The staff at breakfast time are so miserable and unwelcoming they really need to look for another job.

2, Air conditioning at 9.00 euro per day per unit is nothing short of extortion, I was under the impression that A class hotels that Aircon was free, If Windmills is Aclass as it claims to be then they are ripping customers off

3. Freezing cold showers , there seems to be a window between 8-9 am and 6-7 pm when the showers are warm, then they were cold constantly

4. Choice at Breakfast is pathetic, Scrambled eggs, cold meats, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers,
olives toast or cereal. extremely poor

5, Water supply was off for two days intermitentley

6, Entertainment, if you like Karaoke, celeb lookalikes and dodgy hypnotists you probably still think 1980's working mens clubs are cool

plus points were the rooms are a decent size and the cleaners did a good job although we did have to ask them to change the towels after the first 4 days

Cyprus is a stunning place to go unfortunatley Windmills falls well short

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar area
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark N
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

After many meaningful years of returning to such wonderful family run accommodation. On my last visit my father was taken ill which meant a stay in hospital and a unplanned extended stay. Not only did our host Eleni, family and staff give us much needed support, they also allowed us to extend our stay, until my father was well enough to return to the uk with us. Nothing was too much trouble for them, always asking how my father was doing and if we needed anything.
I cannot express how much their help and caring attitude helped me to cope with such a stressful time in my life. Words are not enough to express how thankful we all are. I can only write this review to let everyone know how wonderful they all are, and how their kindness in my hours/days of need was so appreciated.

I would also like to extend my gratitude to the hospital and staff where my father was, "Valessia Protaras Polyclinic. Dr. Vasos Vasiliou M.D. and his staff went above and beyond their daily duties in their care and help that they showed for my father and myself.

On a final note of thanks to the car hire firm "Platon Travel", they allowed us to keep the car we hired until such time that we no longer required it.

Once again thank you to all the above for your support, care and kindness.

On a happy note I am pleased to say my father has made a complete recovery. And even better news is thatl I am returning this month to the Windmills once again to spend quality time with Eleni and her family run hotel/apartments.

Room Tip: We always choose a room with a big balcony which gives you added space. They are usually located on...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracey V
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The only bad comment I have is about the towels !!! They only get changed once a week , the staff were great and really helpful , tony the pool bar man was fantastic , ran the bar and served food so efficiently

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I used to work in the area and I haven't been able to come in a long time. I called a friend and he suggested that I come with the family for a day or two. When we arrived we meet up with the staff and they were friendly. My little one jumped in the pool straight away. And the rest of us sat in the restaurant to get some lunch. We ordered the 4 personal fish platter which was filling enough. The menu consisted of refreshing tastes but in summer fish is always the best way to go.

• Stayed July 2013