All reviews fig tree bay pool area sea view next year half board a family run hotel different theme every night superior room plenty of sunbeds air con great holiday children's pool plenty of choice bars and restaurants evening meal a stones throw the main strip
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Lovely staff very friendly, clean room with sea view. Although I didn't sometimes like the food on offer I could always have an alternative. Beach was very close and the strip was just up the road to get to all the bars for entertainment.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Cb260754
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Chrystalla for the second time this year, this time travelling with family in September. Two rooms superior sea view, one mountain sea view. The rooms are fantastic, loads of space, balcony really good and the views amazing. Pool area in need of some updating, however the pools themselves are spotless and the best main pool I have come across so far. All areas of hotel spotless and our room on fourth floor had excellent Wi-Fi. This is where we now begin to disagree as a family. Food abit hit and miss for some of the family. The seating area inside is in desperate need of updating, as is the cutlery(all various sizes) which reguarly run out and plates reminded me of a school canteen. The dining experience was a little too casual for some us, but personally I liked the food on offer. The breakfast did however become quite boring and I recall more on offer in May. The location is the best I have ever stayed in. If you are looking for a second holiday that is not too expensive then I would definitely recommend, however if you have saved up all year and want to be pampered then i think you would be disappointed. I have to agree with some family members that certain areas let the hotel down, however this for me made it unique!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank matty2k2
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Another great holiday at Chrystalla Hotel, (2nd time here this year), from arrival to departure we had a great time, it was my birthday while we were there and Kiriakos one of the family/managers brought a bottle of champagne to our table, this is just one of the many kind gestures from the family, we also told we could keep our room on until our taxi arrived later on in the day. All the staff, cleaners, chefs, waitresses were very welcoming and looked after us very well, special mention to Andri who did a variety of jobs around the hotel and did a fantastic job, also Emily and Angelo. The only negative is WiFi not very good in the rooms, apart from this hotel gets better every year, special thanks to Nicos, Stamatia and Kiriakos for a making our holiday special, can’t wait for next year

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 778AnneC
Reviewed 1 November 2018

I had a sea view room on 3rd floor, very comfortable with a nice walk in shower. The fridge and safe were extra. The bed was memory foam and very comfortable. Sheets and towels changed every other day.
The food wasn't really to my liking. The breakfast was OK with cooked or continental. Juice from the machine not nice, coffee OK. Dinner at night got steadily worse as the end of the season approached and people all seemed to agree they were using up what they had before winter closure. I and many others ate out at night.
The pool area was neglected, didn't see it cleaned at all. Spilled juice on floor remained there. Pool bar was closed last 3 days. Sun loungers collected in and stacked for winter. Now I am aware its closing this week, but no reduction in price and they might have waited on all guests leaving before packing up.
Would I return, no, despite the hotels great position, my personal choice would be a hotel with a higher star rating than2*.

Room tip: Sea view upgraded rooms very nice but don't get sun after 12noon.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank lilibet48
Reviewed 27 October 2018

We just returned after 11 nights and loved every minute. Small family run hotel and a great location.
Minutes away from beach has a supermarket next door and 5/10 minutes away from Bars/Restaurants
Evening meal is lovely with themed nights, Asian/Cypriot/Italian/ and more. At the top of the quiet side road is a chemist/taxi office and bus stop.

4  Thank Jill B