“Very reasonably priced”

Artemis Hotel Apartments
Ranked #49 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 27 May 2014

15 mins away from the main centre, which was nice as it's lively and noisy in the centre. Hotel itself was basic but fine and reflected in the cost. Nice pool and bar area where again, prices were reasonable.

One gripe is I had my room key and mobile phone stolen from our table. I left it on the table with my wife whilst I nipped out for 30 mins. She was distracted and they were taken. When I enquired at the bar, the barman complained I accused him of stealing it, which I hadn't - I just asked if it had been handed in! Bit weird. When I spoke to the manager about the phone being stolen, he said "how do I know you had a phone in the first place". Really weird! Other than that, its fine, just keep everything of value locked away safely!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have just got back from staying at the Artemis, the rooms were basic, clean and tidy exactly what we were after.

The staff were amazing so friendly and helpful, especially when I was ill they called the doctor for me and made sure everyday I was ok. Spiros the bar manager would make the best cocktails and they were better than the ones I would have in the bars in the town.

We did eat our lunch at the pool bar, the food was quite nice and the menu had a lot of variety.

It is in a good location if you want peace and quiet but still want to be close to town, I would say 10-15 min walk into the town centre depending on how fast/slow you walk. Sounds a lot but its not, there are also some nice restaurants on the way into town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is a 3 star hotel so cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have stayed here for the last three years at two weeks a time, twice a year, We have always found the staff to be VERY helpful, the manager is always walking around talking to people and making himself know, the rooms are clean and tidy, they are cleaned every day which is great,
The pool is lovely, the bar staff Alex and Spyros are Very helpful and cheerful and like a laugh the food is great and Not over priced!!!
The hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk away from the main protaras town.
Would recommend to people traveling on there own, couples and families.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked this family holiday very late but wasn't disappointed and had a great deal, the pool is a good size with nice views of the sea and the beach and town are a 15 minute walk but worth it. The rooms are basic but is what was expected and we had a few issues with the air conditioning which was fixed in good time. There wasn't much entertainment in the hotel during the evening and we went to town every night for food and a walk around, during the day there is lots to do to keep the family entertained and we often used the swimming pools of hotels and restaurants closer to the beach when having lunch. I would recommend both the hotel and especially the resort as its very family orientated and i can't wait to return.

Room Tip: choose a high floor with sea views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Spencer C
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and i stayed here for a week at the end of october

We were only self catering but the room we had was excellent and was cleaned daily

No problem with the pool although very cold even with the temperture in the 80,s

only fault i found was the walk to the town, 15 minutes , then a taxi back every night at 8 euros

But overall a good hotel

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool is excellent in the morning, but shaded at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank samuel l
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have walked past these apartments often, having stayed in Protaras many times. Always liked the look of them and they didn't disappoint during our holiday.
Lovely spacious apartment, providing everything you need for self catering. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels provided also. Lovely super king sized bed gave us a good nights sleep. The hotel being situated in the older part of Protaras certainly helped as well. In saying that it is only a 10 minute walk to the busier,main strip.
Spiros runs a very nice bar. The food and drink are good value for money with 3 course specials available,some for less than 10 euros.
The pool area is a good size with plenty of sun beds for everyone, which brings me to the only negative comment I can make. Some beds could do with changing! There is also a nice tennis court next to the pool.
We've had such a lovely time here, we won't hesitate to book these apartments again! Great value for money at our favourite holiday resort,Protaras.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Franmaz
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We extended our 4 weeks holiday to 6 weeks because the hotel was excellent, short walk from main strip, the hotel absolutely clean, food excellent, staff so friendly, sheets changed every 2 days, even shower curtains,towels etc. We have stayed here 5 times before and have already booked 6 weeks for next year. All nationals mixed well with many friends made. The barman Spyros so friendly he made the day, friends with everyone and always happy to be open at all times of night.
Reception and night staff, especially Nigel so helpful. Good value for money. Protaras comes alive at night, and the beaches are superb. Wouldn't go anywhere else other than Artemis Protoras.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple