I was a bit weary of staying here having read some of the previous reviews.
We arrived late at night at hotel ( just in time for one cocktail) but we had missed dinner so we were offered a food 'platter' which was brought up to our room. This consisted of dry white bread ( but I guess you cannot expect Kingsmill standard as most forgein countries only have white bread toasted ) with a couple of slices of ham and cheese and some marble cake (apparently home made!) which was enough until breakfast!
Breakfast always consisted of Smocked Bulgarian Sausages, eggs, bacon, some salad, plain and strawberry yoghurt and a small selection of cereal.
Lunch was always chips, chicken nuggest/burger/fish fingers and rice and some salad selection and some sort of unrecognisable desert mostly consisting of soggy sponge!
Dinner was similar to lunch with a meat or fish dish on offer in some sort of sauce and once again chips and rice!! The best night was probably the Mexican night where you had some toritials and fajitas to choose from.
There was no real entertainment apart from a badly singing gentleman singing whichever song you requested (I believe he performs twice a week) and the Parrot show which is on once a week.
The rooms iteself were not bad. We has booked a studio but were allocated a One Bedroom Apartment on the second floor overlooking the pool. The rooms were clean but basic and the pool was a good size with plenty of sunloungers always to be found regardless of the time of day.
There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which will cost you 2 euros for a day ticket or 1 euro each way. Good value for money though considering you can go from Paralimni to Ayia Napa.
The last day totally ruined my resonable outlook on the hotel. We had booked a late check out and nowhere in the terms and conditions does it state that if you check out late that your All Inclusive also ends then. All it states is that the check out time is midday which is when AI also finishes - therefore we assumed that our check out time is 1800 our AI would also finish then. I was unimpressed when they tried to charge us 10 euros each for an awful lunch and 5 euros for 2 small cokes - not even half pints! Eventually - after kicking up a fuss we were not charged however it put a dampener on the day as the staff were then very patronising and rude in comparision to how they were previously - approchable, informative and friendly!!
I will NOT return to this hotel on an All Inclusive basis as I feel the standards are nothing to what I have experienced before - however if you can get it as a cheap Self Catering Apartment then I would consider going back as all day bus fares were only 2 euros and a taxi ride to the strip at night/ealry morning cost around 8 - 10 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Narcissos Hotel Apts (Classification Class A) is conveniently situated in a quiet area between the two most popular tourist resorts of Cyprus, cosmopolitan AGIA NAPA and relaxing PROTARAS. Located in a tranquil and picturesque setting, the complex itself is elegant as well as family friendly. The beautifully landscaped gardens and large outdoor pool area make an ideal setting for a relaxing, sun-filled vacation. Narcissos Hotel Apts is a resort with a warm family atmosphere, excellent food and friendly service that will fully meet your expectations for a most pleasant holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Narcissos ApartHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Narcissos Apart Hotel Protaras
- Narcissos Aparthotel Protaras
- Narcissos Apartments