We stayed here 29th May-8th June 2013. On arrival, we were greeted by a lovely receptionist, & told we had been upgraded to a 1 bed apt from a studio. We were given our all inclusive bands, & directed up to our room via 1 very small lift.
Room:The room was more than adequate & very clean. We got fresh towels most days. Bedding seemed to be changed about every 3 days. Housekeepers day off Tuesday. Shower reasonably powerful, but temps variable in peak times. There were 2 small rings to cook on, & a brilliantly cold fridge. No toaster or microwave, but we were all inclusive. We found a kettle in the cupboard, but always take our own, just in case. We paid 13 euros(for 10 days) for the safe. Air con in both rooms a little weak. There was a balcony. No amazing view, & sometimes had ants on it-on 3rd floor, so we only used it for drying. There was no light on the balcony, for reading etc., after dark.
Food & Drink:Food was lovely. Not a huge variety. I'm vegetarian, and didn't struggle to get something i could eat. It was all well cooked and very tasty. The Cyprus potatoes, whatever they did with them, were delicious every time. The only drawback for me, was the lack of fresh fruit, & pastries-especially at breakfast, but there was plenty to eat, & always a table to sit at, which was cleared quickly by the lovely staff. My first drink request was for tomato juice. I was told it was not on the all incl list. I don't drink alcohol, so cannot say what the quality was, but my partner had a couple of small lagers. Tea & coffee available 10am-11pm. The afternoon snacks consisted of a small choice of very dry, boring sandwiches, that you request at the bar, & they make for you. We only had it once.
Staff:All-without exception-very lovely, friendly & helpful. The best part of what this aparthotel has to offer.
Entertainment:There is no daytime entertainment programme, & i don't believe there was any sort of kids club, so probably not a place to go if you're looking for a break from the kids. We were looking forward to the Cypriot night(plate smashing etc)that we had heard about, but this did not seem to happen during our stay. Other entertainers were a bit amateurish, but this just seemed to add to the charm of the place. One singer-bulgarian girl-was excellent. We were very lucky, though, to make friends with some lovely people during our stay. When the entertainment was lacking(It was not on every night), we made our own.
General:There is no race for the sun loungers by the pool. We could always find 1. But most of these had bird poop on, & could use a daily clean. I did not witness the pool area cleaned at all, but i'm not an early riser. Lots of ants around the pool-just keep your bags off the floor. The general public areas of the hotel were kept very clean.
There were a few shops just minutes away, for water, basics & souvenirs. Protaras is a 1 euro bus ride away. We had 35deg heat, so did not attempt to walk it. A very peaceful area.
There were a few, small, but beautiful beaches within a few mins walk. The sea is lovely, & safe in this area of Cyprus.
We would go back here. The food & staff are worth a return visit.
One negative point, which has been mentioned before. When they cut off your all inclusive wristband at 12noon, all inclusive stops at this point. We had a late flight, & had booked a late room. We had not had lunch on arrival day. After talking to the manager, he gave us a voucher for lunch + 2 drinks. They really need to resolve this so that the holiday ends on a positive note, as there is a danger this is all that the guests will remember of an almost faultless holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Narcissos Hotel Apts (Classification Class A) is conveniently situated in a quiet area between the two most popular tourist resorts of Cyprus, cosmopolitan AGIA NAPA and relaxing PROTARAS. Located in a tranquil and picturesque setting, the complex itself is elegant as well as family friendly. The beautifully landscaped gardens and large outdoor pool area make an ideal setting for a relaxing, sun-filled vacation. Narcissos Hotel Apts is a resort with a warm family atmosphere, excellent food and friendly service that will fully meet your expectations for a most pleasant holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Narcissos ApartHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Narcissos Apart Hotel Protaras
- Narcissos Aparthotel Protaras
- Narcissos Apartments