SunConnect Protaras Beach - Rising Star Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Protaras
See available hotels
Mandali Hotel(Protaras)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main strippool areasea viewbuilding workshort strollbad pointsbars and restaurantshalf boardvingcyprusholidaysunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I went here with my 9 year old son on the 10th oct for a week. I was worried when driving there as I only paid 80 quid for a week with hotels 4_.
But it was amazing I was early so couldn't check in and did want to change room to sea view, but as I had to wait a day to see the manager I didn't bother. The room is all you need very spacious and very clean. I noticed a few rooms being cleaned one day and they even cleaned the spindles on the balcony!
I loved that I didn't have to get up at 7am to get a bed I went down at 10am each day and easily got a bed. I usually go away to chill out an read but with andy and james there was no chance, my son soon became friend with them and others guests and it was such good fun, the silly dances quizes and games were just what was needed
with the hotel not being expensive u got very down to earth people who were up for a laugh. People talked to each other like we had known them for years saying hi in the centre etc. I also celebrated my b day there and got thrown in the pool (that happens a lot, be prepared) and went out at night to a restaurant not far from the hotel
It very traditional and was on the left before georgia, again such lovely people we were all up dancing and singing you have to try it, I reccomened it to other guests and all enjoyed it. We then went to ghetto to watch michael jackson the dance version, kids were welcome and with my new found friend we all had a top night staying out with the kids till early
Hours at belles bar. our flight home wasn't till night and I thought it was stupid to charge 40euros to keep your room till 6.
I never write reviews and never go to the same place twice but I'm def thinking of going back there next year especially if james and andy are working there.
It has a great location, is clean, entertainment was very good the acts they got in were a bit slow but it always got better when the guys got back on stage. I ate there at lunch and it was fine, always ate out for dinner though with so many restaurants to choose from it was all heaven for me!
Soooooo worth a visit, ( I wrote this on a blackberry, so if its annoying to read I'm sorry, can't really see it)

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank vickytcheshire
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Just back from a weeks stay at the Rising Star. We were in the self catering apartments, in the annexe. Lovely view over the beach, not really spoiled by the restaurant in front. The apartment was plenty big enough for a family of 4 with good cleaning and fresh linen/towels during the week. The staff at the complex were all friendly and helpful can't be faulted.

Andy and James, the entertainers were brilliant with the kids and made a great double act. They get to know everyone and make everyone feel part of it. We were pleased though, if you didn't want to join in anything (darts, quiz, water polo etc) there was no problem with having a lazy time round the pool instead. All of us cant stop singing the "Hold your head" song and enjoyed everyone joining in with this most evenings!!

We had some lovely meals out in the resort were everything is close to hand. The hotel restaurant is also nice for a breakfast or lunch.

Dave the rep was fine at the welcome meeting but only saw him again once during the stay - perhaps he was busy at other hotels? I asked about pick up times for leaving and he said he would let us know. I only found out eventually through someone else on our flight. The only day out we booked was to the Larnaca market which was meant to be massive and interesting - how wrong! -A medium sized car boot sale sums it up - avoid. Although the second half of the trip to the Camel park was good fun.

To sum up - we would definitely return here at this time of year again. We had perfect hot sunny weather, entertainment was just right without being too much and sunbeds & terrace bar seats were no problem at any time.
High season, I would imagine it would be too busy and we are not ones for having to reserve sunbeds at silly o'clock.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank HmillerLPool
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I travelled to Protaras on the 18th October for 7 nights with my sister. The weather was excellent and it was in the high 30’s.
We stayed at the Rising Star and cannot fault the hotel. The location is excellent and the staff are very friendly. We stayed in a self-catering apartment and had a lovely view of the pool and beach. We couldn’t have been happier with the kitchen facilities even though we did not use them to cook any meals but I think they would have been sufficient to make a dinner. On the first night the hair dryer supplied by the hotel broke down, when I questioned reception they informed me the cleaning staff would leave one in my room the next day. True to their word they provided me with a newer model of dryer. The cleaning staff would come and change the towels and bedding every other day which was very good and I did not expect this at all.
The entertainment reps Andy and James were excellent; they were funny as well as entertaining. They provided hours of fun with games for adults and kids and also quizzes. My evenings would have been boring without these guys, I am a very shy person but somehow they managed to get me up and dancing with them and laughing at myself. If you go with small children the kids club run by Roz is absolutely fabulous and leaves you to have more fun whilst the kids are entertained.
Eating out in Protaras was lovely we tried not to visit the same restaurant twice and ranked the below restaurants in order of favourites (best to the worst.) Blue Spice, The Corner Restaurant, Yianne Marie, Mandalin Chinese Restaurant, Don Carloeone’s and Chi Chi’s. Mr Cod, MacDonald’s and KFC Chicken are also available. Prices are very acceptable, for two English breakfasts plus juice we would spent 8 Euros (best English breakfast at Yianne Marie), for dinner on average for two people we would spend 50 Euros. In all for 7 nights we took a total of 1100 Euros and ended up bringing back 500 Euros. We avoided sitting on the beach and just lazed around the pool so we did not have to spend money on sun loungers, we also avoided going out for lunch we would just get a few starters from the hotel restaurant on average we would spend 5 Euros to share a plate of chips and chicken nuggets.
Overall the best holiday so far and I will be returning next year probably middle of June or again in October, lovely resort, friendly people and relatively cheap. I would highly recommend this resort as its very family friendly. The hotel is amazing and cannot praise it enough!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed with two friends, all in our early thirties in a one-room apartment and we had a great time here. Our balcony overlooked fig tree bay, the main beach in Protaras.

The room was nice, although possibly a bit crammed if we'd had four people. The free air con in our room was absolutely essential as it was around 36 degrees and we were really hot without it. There's a kitchenette, fridge, hob, toaster and kettle - everything you need for a week or so.

The pool is quite nice and we spent a few days lazing by it/in it. The only downside is the entertainment - if you fancy having a lie in you'll be woken by the Thomas Cook entertainers running quizzes, bingo, pool aerobics etc every day, and then live music/entertainers until really late at night - gone midnight. It does get a bit annoying after a while, especially as it's the same every day.

The staff were really nice and friendly. It's a few minutes' walk to a nearby supermarket, turn left and you can walk along the seafront to some nice bars or turn right and it's just a few minutes' walk to the main strip.

We liked being here rather than Ayia Napa as it's not so full on. It's lively enough at night for food and drinks and there's one club - Boogies - which is ok. We got a taxi to Ayia Napa for a banging night out! You can also get a bus from the main strip to Ayia Napa and a few other towns, a day ticket is only 2 euros - bargain!

Top tip: there's a tourist information centre on the main strip too so go there at the start of your hold for a map and bus timetable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My girlfiend and I spent 10th to 17th October 2010 at this location and would not go back to these self catering apartments.

We were allocated room 133 on arrival and protested that we had requested and confirmed via email and fax for a 3rd /4th floor apartment. The receptionist was very rude and un-helpful saying that they did not receive any request on our behalf.

The floors in the apartment were not moped by the cleaners, all they did was empty the bins and make the beds.

Back to another member of staff on reception and requested the room be moped as the tiles were dirty. Not done on our return that evening and when I asked for a mop to be supplied to me as I was prepared to mop the floor, she said she could not help.

My personal opinion is they just stick the Irish into the crap rooms as we had a poor sea view with our view obstructed.

Dave the English rep from Tomson Holidays said he would request an apartment when people moved out on the Wednesday, this never happened either.

That said I could not fault the location as it was beside the beech, we did not give any business to the Hotel bar and did not give the hotel any further business.

We loved Cyprus and did 2 coach tours, one to Paphos and one to Nicosia and Troodos Mountain region.

The entertainment team was very tacky and reminded me of a Butlins holiday camp but the English appear to like that kind of thing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple