“WOW”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Protaras
Platomare Hotel Apartments
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

Well what can i say apart from one word FANTASTIC.

This hotel is in the perfect location for everyones needs. Whether you want to party hard in Ayia Napa (10 minute taxi ride for 15 euro), walk along the sea front with restaurants around (500 metres away) or walk into Protaras (20 minute walk) where there is some fantastic places to eat and a number of bars to sit and relax with a few cocktails.

I travelled with a group of friends, we are all in our mid 20's and we all agree that the whole set up of our hotel and holiday couldn't of actually been any better for what we paid for.

The hotel itself is family run and upon arrival they couldnt of been more welcoming, There was no problems with language and checking in was a pain free excercise. The room that we had was a one bed apartment and was perfect for our needs. The bedroom had 2 single beds and the living area had a possibilty of sleeping 2 other people. The rooms were cleaned everyday between the times of 9am and 11am. The maids were friendly and if you didnt answer your door or said that you didnt want it cleaned today the maid would leave you some fresh towells, more toilet roll and then move onto the next room.

There was a kitchenette too with with all kitchen utensils for self catrering needs and a dining table as well so if you did make your own food you didnt have to rest it on your lap.

Talking of food, there was no need to cook your own. The bar had a full menu where you could have anything from an English breakfast costing on 2.85 euros to a chicken curry with rice and chips for under 7 euros. Food was served from 8am until 11pm and we never had one bad meal.

Activities in the hotel.

There is a swimming pool which was clean and a baby pool too there were sunbeds located all around the pool aswell. There was also a tennis court and a full size volleyball court. So if you are the sporty type who gets bored of lazing around the pool all day and you couldnt be bothered to walk into town there was something always to do. Inside there was a pool table, a computer with internet access and a few arcade games that were around probably before you and I were born.

There was a small charge these (not the sun beds or pool) but you would pay more for parking your car in your local shopping centre.

The reception was manned 24/7 as well and if you wanted a safe the cost of it was 8 euro for the week and you kept hold of the key. The safe was located in reception.

To sum it all up if you want a cheap but very friendly stay then Platomare is the place to go. Very friendly, very reasonably priced and all in all a 10 out of 10 holiday.

I personally dont want to go back to somewhere i have already been but if i were ever to go back to that area of the island then this would be my first choice of where i would stay .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank arsenalmick

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stayed at the Platomare 2nd to 9th Oct 2010. Having been to Protaras four times previously and stayed in four star establishments on or near the main strip the Platomare was a bit different to what I'd experienced in Cyprus before. Especially as this break cost us £252 each for flight , accomodation and transfers.
Of course the Platomare is in Pernera but I found the location to be fabulous, quiet enough to be able to relax by the pool during the day (yes there was some background noise from a neighbouring hotel, but nothing to overpowering!!).
Ideally located for bars/restaurants in Pernera, Blue Spice Restaurant has lovely food, my partner got a seafood platter which had enough fish on there for a week !!
Two minutes walk to Marlita beach, lots of lovely little coves along the coastline to discover too.
The boardwalk into Protaras (which you can join two minutes away from the Platomare) was a nice easy 15 minute stroll and was well lit at nightime, it brought you into Protaras at the Yianne Marie restaurant which has to be worth a visit during your stay as well !!
The accomodation at the Platomare was basic but had a huge living/kitchen area, a seperate bedroom and adequate bathroom, a little dated but completely clean and functional.
I emailed two weeks before our arrival asking for a pool view if possible, I received a reply saying if possible our request would be granted due to availability, when we got there we had a pool view and gorgeous sea view beyond !! Fabulous !!!
Always managed to get a sunbed round the pool and the bar service was excellent, very friendly. Yes, the bar area is a little dated but again its functional !
Breakfast and lunchtime snacks were reasonably priced and filling, we ate out most nights so can't comment on the evening meals although I did notice a few special offers advertised in the bar.
All in all I have to say that Pernera is now my favoured location over central Protaras which over the years has become more typically 'touristy'. We are due to return in July 2011, not to the Platomare as we are staying in a villa in Pernera but we will be popping in to the Platomare for a drink definetley !!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank julie_owen67
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

had a lovely time at this small family run hotel! it is close to the beach, the staff was very friendly, rooms always clean! well worth the money! will definitely go back again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EmmaBristol_11
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Just returned from a relaxing week at the Platomare Apts,arrived at 05.00hrs and was greeted by the very friendly member of staff who quickly booked us in spoke very good English and opened the shop so we could buy some rations for breakfast. The hotel and rooms were nice and clean and the swimming pool and grassed areas were kept very clean and tidy also.Plenty of sunbeds around the pool 78 all free, and food and drink in the hotel was cheap compared to the surrounding areas.The weather was Sunny but we had a week of 30mph winds not the hotels fault,we had hired a car for the week and and did the tourists trips.The family run accomodation is clean and well run and worth the money we paid, would we come back YES.

Room Tip: weather is a little hit and miss in April.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ianz29
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Tired hotel in need of refurbishment. OK if your old and don't want entertaining. Near to a small shingley beach, 15 minute walk to fig tree bay which is beautiful!
Food was overpriced - but so was the rest of cyrprus in my opinion, don't think we'll be going back there.
Had to share a night flight with a bunch of people going to Ayia Nappa which was absolute hell, if I was going to Cyprus again I'd choose the other end of the island for that reason.
Not a really bad holiday but definately not the best.

The "Sofa beds" were absolutely rock hard, me and my husband barely slept all week. The bathroom was pretty gross to be honest too. First time I've seen cockroaches in my room on holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank FunkyCJ
Cannock
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

We booked this one week break for around £250 each to get some sunshine before winter came. We are a couple in our mid 20's. I was very hopeful for the holiday after reading all the positive reviews on here, however sadly my opinion certainly differs.

The main problem i have with the hotel is the noise at night from the hotel complex next door run by First Choice i believe. I am not a late night person, and like to be in bed for 11pm most nigths. The entertainment in the hotel next door went on until 1am+ every night. It literally made the room thud - it really was loud.

Hotel a 15 min walk away from Protaras, which i do not think Olympic holidays make very clear in their brosure. There is not alot going on in Perona where the hotel is situated. Protaras is also like Blackpool for anyone that hasnt been, which isnt for me but some people might want that.

People running the hotel seemed OK, they didnt really say alot to us (prob because of our age).

Rooms are very old and worn, however do seem clean enough.

So all in all you definetly get what you pay for here, which is fine, however it was the noise that spoilt it for me.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kjones047
stoke on trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

Have just returned from another wonderful week at Platomare. Didn't think it could possibly be as good as I remembered it , but it was even better! This small friendly hotel is the jewel of Pernera.Set on the edge of the town, just a few minutes stroll from shops and restaurants, the hotel is a haven of rest and quiet. The apartments are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The pool area is idyllic - no piped music , no one hassles you to "join in this or that" - just comfy sun loungers, good company and a chance to relax and chill out. Platomare is self catering and there is a supermarket on site, but the restaurant serves delicious food and even provides a take-away service for those self caterers who don't want to cook. The hotel staff are fabulous. They make you feel like one of the family - so much so that I and my fellow guests didn't want to leave.This was my third visit and definitely won't be my last. You MUST try Platomare. I promise you you'll love it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo