“Cyprus delight”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Protaras
Platomare Hotel Apartments
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Belfast
“Cyprus delight”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a super two week stay at the family run Platomare Apts. We have visited Cyprus several times but the warmth and helpfulness of everyone (especially Florin) made this one of our best holidays ever.
The apartments are ideally situated between Pernera and Protaras with both being just a short stroll away via the seaside promenade. We had various meals at the Platomare and can vouch for the quality of the food. The rooms are spacious and clean with most having beautiful views.
We read reviews online before booking this holiday and can safely say that we were not disappointed. The number of repeat guests say more about these lovely apartments than any brochure ever could. We would gladly return to the Platomare and would recommend them to anyone planning a visit to Cyprus.

4 Thank wng97

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

this is the third time we have stayed there,they are all so friendly from the minute you arrive lovely jean on reception, catherine, thea,yannis and the rest of the family. florin(two bob) who seems to do a bit of everything, reception, barman and is a really good laugh with a good sense of humour, they are all brilliant nothing is too much trouble for them.lovely location, friendly and relaxing, it feels like my second home now.what more can i say? cant wait till next year.

5 Thank bookiesgirl
manchester
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We have been travelling to the Platomare now for the past five years, yes we a repeat guests and that should tell you something about how much we enjoy our stays at this wonderful hotel.
We have stayed in Studio's and One Bedroomed Apartments which are all very spacious, well equipped and cleaned daily.
Location is fabulous as you are right in the middle of Penera and Protaras so you can walk either way, Proatras strip is lively, Penera is more on the quite side.
All areas are kept lovely and clean, including the pool and you will always find plenty of free sunbeds so no need to get up early in the mornings.
On arrival you get a 10% discount voucher for the supermarket and also 10% discount voucher for the restaurant which are both very handy and we always use.
Food is good and very reasonably priced, we have sampled breakfast, lunch and evening meals and been happy with what we were served every time .
Staff are essential to the excellent running of this hotel, Florin is by far one of the most helpful, friendly and irreplaceable members of the team, Gianina is adorable and being Florin's fiance was just fabulous to meet her, Jean is truly the icing on the cake, a wonderful warm and friendly lady whom we look forward to seeing, the cook always said good morning, afternoon or evening as does the guy who looks after maintenance and pool both very friendly.
Platomare is a family run hotel and thats its strength, Catherine, Adam, Thea, Yanni, Xenia and the rest of the family members make your stay all the more special, these are people that actually care about your holiday, you are not just a number on a key and believe I know having stayed in some of the four star hotels on the strip, I will chose the Platomare every time.
Thanks for reading my review and if your there is October come say hello, enjoy your holidays Joanne.

Room Tip: If your lucky enough to be allocated a pool/sea view room but it is just luck prepared to be amazed.
8 Thank rubieManchester
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I were visiting Cyprus for a friends wedding and booked these apartments for a week long stay in April. They were really brilliant! Lovely big spacious rooms and cleaned everyday. They are in a good location between Protaras and Pernera and within walking distance of both. The pool is quite big and there were always plenty of free sun loungers. Even though it was April it was still very warm and we were able to lie out most days, however it was sometimes quite windy.
We had breakfast and lunch at the restaurant a few times and it was very reasonably priced and had a good selection on the menu. The supermarket on site is well stocked and again good value, especially as they give you a 10% discount voucher on arrival, they also give you one for the restaurant. All the members of staff were lovely and really helpful and nothing could be too much trouble for them.
Our apartment was overlooking the pool and we had brilliant views of the sea also from our balcony. The apartment had a really big living room area with kitchen that had everything you would need. The bedroom was equally big and there was plenty of cupboards and storage. The bathroom was great too with a bath and shower and the whole apartment was cleaned daily by 2 lovely maids!
All the members of the wedding party were staying in different apartments/hotels and I have to say, having seen some of theirs, I feel that because of the value for money, cleanliness and lovely friendly staff, these apartments were by far the best!
Thank you so much to everyone at Platomare who made us feel so welcome and next time we visit Cyprus we will definitely be booking to stay here!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jazza_geri
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Hotel/Room:

I'm going to start of by saying that if this is only a two or two and a half star, then that's a load of b*ll**ks. The view alone makes it a three star. The hotel looks nice, it must be a few years old but I didn't think it looked old at all. The pool area looked very nice and was extrmely well kept. There was this one lad who was always doing something around the pool to keep it tidy or spruce it up. How he wore jogging pants in that heat, I'll never know.

The room had one of the best views from a hotel I have ever seen. I know that some rooms would face the other way, but my god if you get a pool and sea view its amazing. The room we had took full advantage of the view, in that the balcony was as big as a room in my house and was a perfect sun trap. The bathroom was great in that it had a bath (you may laugh at that, but after visiting Greece one or two times in my life, a tub is a luxury) and was also large. The main area was massive aswell. Clean as a whistle dear reader, clean as a whistle.

The air con was six euro a night but it wasn't needed as we stayed at the beginning of May. Six Euro is the most that can be charged as stipulated by the Cyprus Tourist Organisation, whom actually seem to realise that tourism is a valuable and welcomed industry to their country, as opposed to their Grecian cousins a few hundred miles away.

Staff/Service

It's their strenght and they play to it. Remarkably well in fact. Special touches like when you arrive, 10% off your first visit to the Supermarket and first time eating in the restaurant.The place is run by many members of one family, all were really friendly and really happy to help with anything that we asked for.

Food:

There was always a special on the board every night. The food smelt delicious but I didn't eat there much. My only time of trying the food was when I was badly hungover one evening and ordered Chicken a la Creme. The lad in the kitchen was too handy with the old Ouzo bottle and I couldn't eat it for tasting alcohol. Mind you the bloke was lovely about it and wouldn't accept the money off me for it. Couldn't fault the service there.

Entertainment:

All the football was on, which made me a happy badger. Happy hour prices were really good value.

Would we go again?

Without a doubt, I would. I loved it. I can't bang on enough about the view. I also really like Cyprus generally. A short way from the hotel is the promenade walk to Protaras, you can tell the government have really made an effort for it to look nice.

Only downside to our holiday was the weather, sunny/cloudy and a bit raining for first few days and the prices of stuff. It's not massivly expensive but its not the cheapest holiday you'll have, especially with the state of the Euro.

If your going, have a lovely trip, be safe in the knowledge that you have booked a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Room B31. Be Amazed.
12 Thank Marc W
yorkshire
Reviewed 11 January 2012

my husband and i have been staying hear for over 20 years (often twice a year) first with small children now as a couple .It has always been a family run place and we love it,The rooms are kept very clean with fresh towels and linen, all the staff are very freindly and cant do enough for you.Nearly all guests are repeat custom so there is always a freindly face around the pool.We have made some great freinds both with staff and guests and always look foward to going back. The pool area is very well looked after with more than enough sunbeds to go round and the pool is cleaned every day.Its only a couple of minuets walk to the new walkway into protaras or pernera

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phill W
Ashfield
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Just returned after half term week, found hotel very clean though very basic rooms. They were quite large. The beds and bedding very good. The pool very clean though a little cold.
Area around excellent, new promenade walk all way to Fig Tree Bay is great with lots to see and place to call in for a drink/meal. All staff were very friendly. All in all I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to sunbath on your balcony go for B block top floor opposite side to pool, east facing...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family