Kokkinos Hotel Apartments
US$243
US$210
Flokkas Hotel Apts.(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$70
Mandalena ApartHotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$52
Livas Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$93
Capo Bay Hotel(Protaras)
US$213
  • Pool
Kapetanios Bay Hotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Pool
Astreas Beach Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$151
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsstrategic locationbed mattressesbasic equipmentthe main stripsea viewbarssupermarket
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have stayed in this hotel apartments before, but the last time it was very disappointing. The room was very dirty, the AC was leaking even though they sent someone to have a look at it after i reminded them for 2 days... Most of all the customer service was terrible...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Yana G
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Our 2nd visit to these apartments, this time for 1 week only. We re-booked because of the bargain price and excellent location - on the main strip / near excellent beach / not noisy / spacious rooms. As good as last time - at this price we didn't expect luxury (it is a 2 star! I would give it 3), but who does?! Don't believe the bad reviews. Basic but good value!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SuperJo
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We turned up at the Kokkinos Apartments at the early hours of the morning after a long delay. We got greeted by night watchman, very helpful, told us about the bakery that sells everything and is open 24 hours. Went to our room which was massive, it was clean and had a balcony overlooking the pool and you can see Fig Tree bay as well. The pool is large, it does shade over in the afternoon about 3pm but so do the 5 star hotels on the beach. We were going to the pool in the morning then beach in the afternoon.
The strip is buzzing with entertainment but although you are right on the strip its not loud at all.
Cannot believe how close you are to everything, the beach is so close and beautiful.
Whilst staying in Protaras we visited Romeo Taverna Greek night out of the hotel and right (5 min walk) very entertaining fun night. Best food we had all holiday! We got lots of shots and had a brilliant night! Places also to visit for drinks Friends Bar, Cheers bar and a personnal favourite Zodiac Karaoke bar!
Our trip was spoilt on our last night when visiting Da Sonia roof terrace restaurant. The food was not good, I ordered vegetarian moussaka which had nothing in and chips that weren't cooked. When I said that I didn't like the food an old grey haired greek or cypriot man shouted at me saying I was in polite and rude. This put a real downer on our night as he was shouting at me for not liking the food which tended to be the same for all of the tables around us. Its over priced and rubbish with rude staff.
All in all our stay was fab, forgot to mention Waterworld Ayia Napa, great fun!
Hope this is helpful for anybody wondering whether to stay here, I would come back and stay..
Penny from Bournemouth

• Stayed: September 2011
6  Thank Penny20469
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Self catering apartment + Breakfast spacious accommodation favourable with 4* Vangelis
Comfy beds - decor was cleaan for end of season - cupboards were dated but fit for purpose
3 pin plug sockets - 2 ring hob clean fridge and kettle/toaster. We paid £38 per room per night with breakfast at Friends Bar - location perfect on teh best side of the strip, fig tree bay 150 yds - Its not a 3 star UK hotel but staff were welcoming especially demetris and the night staff - given keys to our safe and sort themoney out in the morning. Safe 3 euros per day
air conditioning to be charged next year at 35 euro per week would book again cleaners were great 6 days per week apart from Sunday

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rolli25
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I decided on a solo trip to Protaras this year and opted for the Kokkinos as it's pretty close to Fig Tree Bay. I believe this place has a 3* rating but personally I would only give it a 2*. (I did read the aa star rating guide).Im not sure what "value for money" really means...you get what you pay for and I think this place is a bit dear considering there are compromises, so if you are not too fussed with very dated decor, dust and ants and orange running water and your holiday room is just a dumping ground for your stuff at an inflated price for central location then the Kokkinos is just the job.
It is in the center of the main street, my room on the front 2nd floor was noisy from 3 different musics from 3 different bars until 1am. then club kick out is about 3am so usual noise with that then the bin men come from half 3 onwards Yawn! But I love to people watch so sometimes it's a compromise. Room on the front means a bit more noise,and let's be realistic, if you book a hotel on the main strip it's going to be noisy whatever country you are in. Although not every country has the most annoying noisy local boy on his very loud motorbike who seems to like going round in circles, and round and round and round :-)
Also only fair to say, the hotel cannot be held responsible for the noisy in the street
The room was a good size, I prefer seperate sleeping area and was very pleased with room 122.
It is dated tho, it has a BIDET!!!!!!! (That thing for washing your bits in from the 1980's) (And I had to look up how to spell it:-)))) Great for rinsing your flip flops lol seriously did anyone EVER actually use these? lol
The overflow hole on the bath was grotty, the sink chipped and cracked and the mirror was losing it's reflectiveness but the sink was huge which was great and the mirror was big enough to see most of your whole self in
I got 2 towels and a bath mat, travel kettle and toaster, basic limited kitchen utensils & crockery, enough to live with tho, shower is one of those over the bath, it was naff but it got me clean eventually...patience is required :-)
Portable TV with euronews and 1 other english channel a further 2 music channels
Hairdryer iron and ironing board are available at a charge of which I cant remember and a fridge
Air con for 2wks is advertised @ 65Euros which seemed on par with some of the other hotels, you can hire elecrtic fans if you'd prefer which were cheaper.
Tho cute little ants were my new best friends, never saw a cockroach or rat and few cats.
The safe was 35euro for 2wks with 3euro deposit back on return of the key.
The communal areas were spotlessly clean and smelling fresh, the pool area was also well maintained and washed down etc and they do provide 24hr reception.
I would stay here again but I would also want to pay less money for the priviledge, in a nut shell it's one of those places that I would recommend to certain family and friends but not others....:-) we all know our 4* friends so I would probably steer them towards the Tsokkos chain, Happy Days or the Melini.
(Capo Bay for the really posh one's)
My bed was made for me, the bedroom was spotlessly clean, the bathroom was clean and bleached within an inch of it's life lol but the loungeing area, seemed neglected, there was a layer of dust at the back of the arm chairs and the balcony was what I'd describe as grubby. if I was to lean on the balcony rail I'd have to wash my hands after and that is allowing for being on a main street with passing traffic etc by no means is it a health hazard but if you have a touch of OCD for clean this place might give you a heart attack lol
The beach is very close, the bars, shops and resturants are on your doorstep the polyclinic round the corner. It has a ramp access to the front of the hotel, ground floor toilets and lifts
This is perhaps best described as a hotel/apartments with a compromise.......central but noisy, functional but dated, clean but grubby in areas...if you can live with those things you'll have a great time. If you are after posh 4* accomodation you may not be such a happy bunny. I know there are cheaper AND cleaner places in Protaras but non are as close to Fig Tree that I've seen anyway

Room Tip: I would imagine pool view rooms are quieter