“Excellent appartments hotel”

Vrissaki Hotel Apartments
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Lovely hotel and special nice staff. I am so grateful to getall information. I did not ask for name of that charming lady, who was serving me almost every day when I was there (6.-13.9), but she was so hearty to me. I got many good advices from her. Thank you very much!
Rooms very tidy and spacious. I will always remember that place. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Munnuri

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Location was great, staff was friendly, room was clean. The beach was near. And there were plenty on good restaurants. Only bad thing was that there was karaoke bar quite near and the singers weren`t so good. If I`ll go to Protaras I would stay at Trizas.

Room Tip: Side sea view means very good sea view from the balconyt!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
2  Thank Leenake
Reviewed 20 October 2012

After a nightmare journey to this desitination we arrived at 5am. My 1st impression was that we were back in the 70's with all the blue and yellow decor. We had a double bed in the bedroom and a bed settee (if you can call it that) and a zed bed that had seen better days. There were actually 5 of us (me, hubby, 3 year old twins and 1 year old toddler) however i just let the lack of beds pass. After 3 days of the room not been cleaned and it starting to smell in the bathroom I had to ask for the room to be cleaned and then got a sob story off the cleaner that they wouldn't employ enough staff to clean etc etc (not what you really want to hear on your jollies). The staff was always grumpy, especially the woman behind reception. The pool was always clean and the small pool was ideal for my children. The location of the hotel was fab, step out straight onto the main strip. If you want no frills then these apartments will suffice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at the Trizas hotel. Nothing had changed from the last time but you get what you pay for. The rooms as basic but there not bad. It can be noisy at times as its right on the main road but thats all part and parcel of the location. It is right in the heart of the resort. You could not wish to be in a better place. There is a down side though!!!! The lift. It looks and feels like it was installed the 70's. It is soo small inside and feels like a rollercoaster going up in it. I was actually trapped in there with two other people for 20 mins at one point. The motor burnt out and it stopped between floors. No light, no air getting through. It was awful. When we did eventually get out there was no apology from the staff at all!!!!! To wrap up, its a decent hotel, just use the stairs!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Cleanliness:
The room was extremely dirty. Towels and sheets were stained with blood and wine. We asked for sheet replacement but the new ones were even worse! There was hair everywhere (tables, sheets, floor, etc). The bathroom was smelly and the sink was clogged.

Sleep Quality:
Sleeping was difficult due to the music and noise coming from the bars across the road.

Rooms:
The room was really dirty and old. Renovation is needed!

Location:
The hotel has a central position in Protaras. Nice beaches are within a walking distance.

Service:
Staff at the reception was friendly and helpful. On the other hand, we are not satisfied with the cleaning service (sloppy and infrequent).

Room Tip: Avoid "promo" rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
6  Thank N1k0la0s
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hotel set right on the strip closes to the two noisiest bars in the town, impossible to sleep until after 2am. The rooms were very basic and could do with a good clean. Bathroom even worse, the bath had scum marks all over. Watched the cleaner in the bathroom one day all she did was spray the bath and not even wipe it . Towels and bed linen were dirty when we arrived these were changed with another set of dirty towels were told there was problem with the laundry. Even though the air conditionig was free the controller had to be asked for. Towels were changed three times and bed linen twice in 14days the showers and toilet for the pool broken while the pan was plastered.
Their were no rooms advalible to book while waiting for transport in the evening.they had a shower room downstairs which was absolutely discusting and did not look like it had been cleaned from the start of the season. We book bed and breakfast we never exspected to have to walk 400 meters through bulldozers,cranes and cement lorries along a dirt road to get there. The Flamingo bar which I believe is part of the hotel was very good and the breakfast was really good. The beach is really good to and the sun beds are reasonbly priced. The staff at the hotel had different attitudes some were offhandish and some seemed ashamed. The shop next door staff walk through the hotel I assume that it part of the hotel. The old lady is ignorant and rude. There is a new Liddlels open just up the road with product is cheapet by quarter and more just adobe min walk.
Its a pity about hotels like this because Protaras is really a nice place.

Room Tip: Book some ware else
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoffrey p
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I absolutely love Cyprus. Its a country we have been visiting here for 12 yrs. This is without doubt the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. We was told it was a bit lively this is an understatement it was very noisy. Local bars and clubs were all open so the noise was very clear till 2am plus the loud Russians in the corridors. The room was in very poor shape needs a complete over haul. When looking in the Cosmos brochure there is a picture from a balcony showing a clear view of the sea, well things have changed since the photo was taken about 15-20 yrs ago there are now 3 hotels behind the Trizas. so much for an upto date brochure, I will be taking this up with Cosmos. The beds, they were terrible so hard we found the sun loungers more comfortable. The cleaners did a pretty good job but there was only 2 of them for the whole hotel and pool. The desk staff one woman was so miserable and un-friendly the bloke was quite good. We did find a dead cockroach on the stairs and it was there for about 3 days ?. The swimming pool was the best part of the hotel. In the brochure it mentioned a pool bar, pool table and a dart board. Well no bar, dart board or pool table but no-one to ask about the cues and balls. The hotel reception was dreary and un welcoming we tried to spend as much time away from the hotel as possible. My advice pay a bit more go to a better hotel. We also felt that the price we paid was far too much it was vastly overpriced not good value. Since Cyprus joined the euro it has become quite expensive. The people generally are very friendly and helpful because of this we are going back again next April, but we are going to Penera.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple