“The only decent option in Kanpur and worth it”
Review of Little Chef Hotel

Little Chef Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Kanpur
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was on a business trip to Kanpur and Little Chef was the only decent place in Kanpur that I was recommended by a colleague who had worked in Kanpur for 2 years. On my visit to Kanpur - indeed it was true. The place is small and has the "warmth" in it. I opted for a deluxe room for 3600 (discounted price) and I think it was very well worth it. The room quality is very good with a large relaxing bed, TV, Coffee machine, warm water et al, and so is the restaurant. Food quality was very good (I had veg food) while I think the prices were slightly on the higher side.

Breakfast was a slight let down both in terms of options and ambiance of the place. Overall a good and probably the only decent option in Kanpur which automatically makes it the no 1 place to stay on your Kanpur visit.

Room Tip: Negotiate directly for a Delux room at regular prices.
1  Thank SachinDoshi83

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed there as recent as yesterday night and hence the memories are really fresh for me to be able to incorporate all could be relevant to readers.

Location :- Great. Civil Lines ! Easy to find.
Front office :- Good. Willing to help.
Layout :- Good rooms. Large and tastefully designed.
Restaurant :- Average & very expensive.
Buffet Breakfast :- Average.
Tariff :- On the higher side. Not value for money by any standards.

Room Tip: You stand a good chance to get a good deal if you negotiate directly with hotel than going thru any...
2  Thank GunjanJohri
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. Good spacious and clean rooms, the complimentary cookies are very nice. Breakfast buffet options were very limited, do try the onion uttapams with green chutney. Avoid the sambhar. Check in timings are flexible, I checked in at 7.30am.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I travelled to Kanpur on a business trip in Jan 14. It was freezing cols. On request the staff organized room heater and made my stay very comfortable. I am impressed.
Very good staff, good food, complimentary internet. Rooms and toilets are clean. I had a great stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked the hotel based on tripadvisor reviews but this is a small boutique hotel. Paying 110 USD per night is too high for this city plus the taxes makes it at par to 4 star hotels in Mumbai. They upgraded me to a suite which was merely a huge room with chairs and sofas. Toilets are clean and with little tolieteries. Food for breakfast was shock until they told me that I could order what I want. Food was good and tasty. They have a nice little gym which is well kept. I will pay only 80 USD max for this property.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades if you can :-)...but still its expensive to pay 110 USZD for a boutique hotel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We booked 2 rooms for 2 night in January. When we checked in, they initially said we needed to change rooms because there had been a mistake.Not a problem though. On the second night, we came back to the hotel only to find there was a wedding going on at midnight. We were told "15 minutes" and it will stop. We went to the rooms to find we were placed just above the gardens where music was booming and the dhol player was drumming. The night manager changed the rooms to the floor above. The bathrooms smelt of cigarette smoke along with the bedcovers. After 12:45 the music stopped-what relief......or so we thought. The staff then proceeded to clean the tables and chairs and were shouting away. I called reception at 2.30 again to be met with the response, "it will stop soon". 3am-it stopped. We were then awoken at 8am by more music. We spoke to the day manager who said "15 minutes" then the manager will arrive.
We spoke to the manager who obviously apologised and said it should not have happened because the laws
stay they are not allowed to play music after 11pm.
The manager said he could not compensate us at all. Anyway my point is the rooms are lovely but do not stay here during wedding season or during any function.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank giloParis
Reviewed 7 January 2014

During an earlier trip to Kanpur, I had asked my contact in Kanpur to arrange my stay and was booked in a Hotel which was bang on the busy GT road. It was OK but this time I was with family and my maternal Grandmother hence could not risk an adventure.

Little Chef is spread in three wings and be categorized as a 3 star or 4 star property with 5 star service as per Kanpur standards. (Trust me when I say that Kanpur has a long way to go in terms of Hospitality). Yet Little Chef had friendly & courteous staff. The property is a little (just a little) tired but the rooms were spacious and the bathrooms clean. I had opted for their Super Deluxe rooms as there is not much difference between the suite and these rooms. In fact one will have to climb a few more stairs to reach the suite.

The room service was good and the presence of security guards at the entrance were comforting.

The breakfast spread was adequate and the staff did try to do their best to ensure we ate well. The food quality was excellent. We also tried their restaurant on the third wing and I have written a separate review of the same.

I could spot swings and other playground equipment in their lawns but since we stayed only for a night, my son could not make use of them! I am sure he would have loved it.

Overall I highly recommend the hotel and in all likeliness would prefer to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family