Hotel Grace
Hotel Shelter(Gwalior)
The Vinayak(Gwalior)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrailway stationroom servicevalue for moneystayed nights at hotelordered dinnercab servicemini refrigeratorrecommend this hotelclean roomshotel is locatedbudget hotelquality and quantitypolite staffawesome foodlocal sightseeingquiet areahotel management
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

To begin with I was in Gwalior much earlier than the check in time. But they were happy to let me check in earlier when requested. They have this complimentary pick-up and drop facility from the railway station which is around 500 mts away, but it's a really great service. Makes you feel important and at home. I ordered dinner at 9:15 pm and was finally served at 10:05 pm which really irked me. Otherwise, there is nothing much to talk about the hotel or the food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights here and were most happy with the location and the service. While the hotel does not have a restaurant there is an extensive menu and the staff brings it to your room. They are also helpful with anything one might need to find or purchase. We had a balcony and did enjoy sitting out and watching the evening activities. The location is near the train station and local eating and food shopping options. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventurePhiles
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is an amazing find, would highly recommend, huge rooms, sky tv and amazing food, staff are so helpful, if not a little bemused by us wanting to have tea outside, would highly recommend, you dont need to go out to eat as the room service is just superb, especially the butter chicken.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I ended up staying here thanks to the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, all of which I can only confirm. I booked through Cleartrip, a wonderful Indian hotel booking website. The hotel is located very close to the train station although they provide a free pick-up and drop-off. I arrived by train from Delhi and the driver was there with a sign, absolutely no problem with the transfer. I was greeted by very friendly staff and although I arrived before noon was immediately given a very spacious room, spotless, with wonderful AC, hot water throughout my stay, and a large, comfortable bed. Staff was always friendly and helpful. When I checked out at noon and did not have a train back to Delhi until that evening I was even given a large hospitality room for my own use at no charge. Very kind. The location was fine. To get to the main sightseeing areas you can do as I did - just take the local rickshaw/buses that have a number on them, They leave from the main road/station about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The Fort is spectacular and the old Maharajah palace very interesting. I really enjoyed Gwalior and this hotel and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone visiting Gwalior. I hope to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KincsZoltan
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a lovely room, spacious, clean with a good sized bathroom with plenty of hot water. Breakfast is served in your room as the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. Free pick up and drop off at the railway station is offered. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We looked at a couple of other hotels in Gwalior, this was the best for accommodation and price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family