“It was ok!”

Companion Hotel/Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hearst
Companion Hotel/Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hearst
Toronto, Canada
“It was ok!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was the only place I stayed when I was in Hearst so I don't know if it was the best in town or not. By my standard it was ok.
I liked the bar-restaurant next to the motel. The food was good. Staff in the motel and restaurant were all nice.
my room was on the fist floor and I thought I wouldn't like it but it was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sina A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very clean room. Good breakfast. A bit noisy with the mill behind you but if you are just passing through for a night an ok stop. Try some Loon vodka from the local distillery. Excellent vodka and it will help you sleep. Lol.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Muggette60
London, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For many years, the Companion Motel has been a regular stop-over motel on our trips to visit family in northern Ontario. While the motel is well worn and appears to be very popular, it has always been clean and well maintained. That remains the case. The Companion's most valuable asset to us has always been their dining room which served tasty and well prepared menu items. There was never any need to drive around looking for a really good meal. Our most recent visit there was not up to par. While their prices appeared to have risen, the portion size had gone in the opposite direction. One of our diners was served with meat that was not freshly prepared and salty canned gravy. We will stop over again and hopefully our experience was just a one-off on a bad night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan H
Port Carling, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Great stop over heated lock up for sleds modern clean rooms and a large hot tub and steam room 2 good restaurants and a great sports bar gas, beer store, and Skidoo dealer close by trail takes you right to the back door of hotel

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Glace Bay, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed in the hotel while travelling through Ontario. We arrive late in the evening and weren't sure of where to stay so we tried here. Check-in was quick and the lady was quite helpful and friendly. The room was clean and update. We ordered room service which was quite prompt and the food really good. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the lounge or restaurant but both looked quite nice. I would definitely stay there again while travelling through the province

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kevinjspencer
Thunder Bay
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here one night with work. They charged $79.00 a night.

I was hesitant to stay here because of the train tracks that run behind the hotel. But I tried the restaurant for supper and was impressed so I stayed at the hotel.

This is an older hotel that has been adequately maintained. The attached restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. The food runs the gamut right up to lobster tails, and their breakfast is very good. There is a fairly large bar in the hotel as well. There are two hot tubs, steam room, and exercise equipment room up on the second floor. I didn't have time to try any of that, but it all looked pretty good.
The room was spacious and clean. I had no problems with the WiFi. The bathroom was good. Overall, this is a good choice of hotel for Hearst. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TheMadmanThunderBay
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The staff here is awesome and the onsite restaurant has great food also. Stayed on the second floor. The room vibrates all the time. Talked with a buddy that has stayed here also and he said every time he stays here that the floors vibrate all the time. So no you are not going through a earth quake. Beds are not comfortable adn you are better off using a bath towel for a pillow.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RSCK

Travellers are raving about these Hearst hotels

Been to Companion Hotel/Motel? Share your experiences!