“Pefect place to experience the fiord”

Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay
Ranked #1 of 8 La Baie B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
burlington,vt
“Pefect place to experience the fiord”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have just returned from an off season trip to the Saguenay area, mainly for hiking. The host (Pauline) was extremely helpful providing us with local information, including trails, and she cooked the most delicious breakfasts! We are English speaking and enjoyed learning a little French from Pauline. The Auberge has magnificent views of the fiord and is located close to area services and attractions.

Room Tip: Fiord view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmfpbf f
MadamePauline, Owner at Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hello Phyllis and Gault,
I know I am very late to answer to your comment and this gives me the opportunity to write a little more! I hope you have a good time even during this very special winter. I want to thank you very much for your nice visit and company. It has been a great pleasure for me to share a little french and my knowledge of the region. I wish you a very nice spring and many other occasions to discover this region or other one in the province of Québec. It has been nice to meet you both!
Thank you very much for your choice of our auberge! Pauline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We liked our stay at the Auberge. We stayed 2 nights, very enjoyable, quiet location, wonderful views. 5 stars for the breakfast. Host is very friendly. La Baie is 15mn away and we enjoyed the birdwatching experience ...lots of snow geeze preparing for migration. Dining is mainly in La Baie.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liany
Hello Liany,
Sometimes I have tips to recall each of our invitees... I want to thank you very much for your comment on this page. Of course we "live" from your comments and we greatly appreciate your so precious time in managing this! I wish you a nice travelling season with many discoveries and I will follow you with your input on this website! Thank you for your choice of our auberge and have a nice day! Pauline
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent 2 nights here as we explored the region. The auberge is perfectly located with dreamy views and a lovely beach when the tide is in. Pauline was a perfectly welcoming host and made our stay easy and pleasant, highly recommended!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Chelsea,
Even if it is late, I absolutely want to thank you very much for your comments. I have been very glad to offer you this enjoyable stay in our auberge in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region. I thank you for the time you spent to fill this and I wish you others and many others nice visits in 2014! Thank you and have a nice day! Pauline
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent a wonderful long weekend in the Auberge and we came back home fully satisfied and relaxed. The location is great. Nestled in a very quiet part of the fjords, the hotel offers a magnificent view to the river and the mountain, while being very close to La Baie. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated and extremely clean. The big windows make you fill like you are surrounded by the nature. The furniture is new and modern-looking. The restaurant and the common areas are stylishly decorated. They provide visitors with plenty of magazines for every taste, including National Geographic, some Encyclopedias, and brochures. The manager, Pauline, is a very friendly person dedicated to her visitors. She knows a lot about the region's geographical, economical and touristic aspects and really enjoys shearing all of her knowledge with the visitors. We had breakfasts only and they were absolutely delicious. We will remember Pauline’s hospitality for a long time and if we have a chance, we will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: The longer, the better! Le plus, le mieux!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
MadamePauline, Owner at Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Marieta, I wish to thank you very much for your appreciation of the Auberge and the surroundings. As I say, you, our invites, are so knd with us that we cannot resist to your charm!
Of course, I like very much what I do and inform people about my adoptive region is a real pleasure!

I knew when booking that the room "Montagne" would please you.

I also thank you for all the pictures you put on this website. I stay here and I did not have that picture from the beach through the west side of the bay.

Thank you again for your nice company and good luck in all your projects! Pauline XX XX
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was a perfect place to spend a couple of nights while touring the Saguenay area. The auberge is located 10 minutes from La Baie (where there are dining options) on a spot right above the fjord, with marvelous views from every room. It is 40 minutes from the national park and Pauline, who was a great, warm host, gave us useful tips on what to see while in the area.
The only downside of the place is the bathroom amenities - cheap paper-thin soap, shampoo in a single-use packet, and very unstable water temperature in the shower. However, overall it's an excellent place to stay and we will gladly be back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ogol17
MadamePauline, Owner at Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Hello Sir!
I wish to thank you very much for your general comment.
Of course, the last part of it makes me ask you some more details you could send to me via our e-mail address. Until now, everyone has seemed satisfied with the quality of our paper (2 plys) and soap (not the smallest one!) and shampoo. What would you suggest us to do? Maybe to offer, if wanted, different amenities... I will, for my part, check with my representative. I will be pleased to greet you again if you come back! Thank you in advance for your further comments! Pauline
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The lodge is located in a beautiful place above the lake. The views alone are worth paying for. The owner Pauline is very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great too !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Pauline G, Propriétaire at Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay, responded to this review, 13 January 2017
Hello! I thank you for your review! I know it was a long time ago you were here and maybe you would like to come back knowing that many rooms have been renovated since your stay! New touristic attractions are offered and I like people more than ever! Furthermore because we have a chief now I have plenty more time for you, dear guests! Have a great Year 2017! Pauline
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Baie
#3 of 9 in Chicoutimi
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 9 in Chicoutimi

Been to Auberge de la Riviere Saguenay? Share your experiences!