“Service beyond the call of duty!”
Review of Hotel Schloss Zell

Hotel Schloss Zell
Hotel Schloss Zell
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Zell (Mosel)
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The building itself has some issues (e.g. wifi not reaching upper floors, spiral stairs to be negotiated with suitcases.)

However I was very impressed with the personal service. After checking out and riding on my bike for half a day I realized I had left my charger and electrical adapter in my room. I was contemplating returning or having to purchase a replacement. However, on arrival at my next hotel where my luggage had been delivered by van, I found the missing charger had been placed in my luggage by the staff at Schloss Zell. (They must have cleaned the room promptly before my baggage was collected.) I am grateful for their attention to detail andsaving me considerable inconvenience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hedgy

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed in hotel in October for 2 nights. The building itself is very impressive and it is definitely something new for me to stay at a castle. Our room was on the last floor and unfortunately very tiny and tired. The main problem for me, however, were the windows located over the bed that had NO curtains at all. So it meant light directly in the face starting at 6 am and, having had wine the evening before, it was kind of unfortunate. The TV was as small as the room itself and had only 7(!) channels, seriously?! No english speaking at all. Internet wasn't working as well, one had to go to the reception area to use it. Breakfast was small but fresh and tasty, location is very good. All in all i could give it another go if the issues i mentioned above would have been taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonibulg
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Good servise. Nice town they make good white wine. Great location and value. The wifi didnt work on the high floor. You better come lightweight for there are a lot of stairs. The town is very quite and peaceful the stores and restorants close very early. It was a good experience feeling the history of the place.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ornailan
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were a group of 5 on a 15 day trip to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy. First stay was at the Zell Hotel Schloss. We had made the reservation via email and when arriving our rooms were ready for us. Two rooms on second floor and one on the third. No A/C but was given a fan. The guys there carried our heavy bags to the third floor and there was parking right by the front door. Zell is the prettiest place in Europe and they had the long table fest that night. Perfect weather, great atmosphere and great people. Karin at the hotel was great and treated us like family, we also met her son Julian. Breakfast was included and more that we could have asked for. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay again when I go back. WiFi worked flawlessly and was also included.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We (my wife and I and two friends) have recently stayed five nights at the Hotel Schloss in Zell and had a wonderful time. The owner could not have made us any more welcome and our room was modern, high ceilinged with two big windows. The breakfasts were magnificent and just around the corner was the Schloss Keller which offered excellent wholesome food and drinks at very reasonable prices if you wanted a change from the excellent restaurant associated with the hotel. Zell is a good base for visiting the Mosel valley and we indulged in golf (Golf Cochem), a round trip on the river and a day's visit to Trier (oldest city in Germany). If we visit the Mosel again we will certainly aim to stay at Hotel Schloss. Many Thanks

Room Tip: Our corner room had two large windows
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This delightful old building (1543) is a really lovely place to stay. Winding staircase (no lift), high ceilinged rooms with big windows, modern en-suite, delightful and very helpful staff and an excellent continental breakfast every morning were perfect for our few days away with friends. Zell itself is quite a bustling little community with lots of bars and restaurants but quietens down about 11pm so not a problem for early sleepers. Just be aware that nearly every place we came across would only take cash although the hotel itself accepts credit cards. Would recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: The tower rooms are more expensive but we took a peek into one and it was spectacular! The higher up...
1  Thank annieisathome
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We had room 7, which was huge, comfortable beds, good bathroom - a little old fashioned but with character.. Staff really helpful and friendly and the breakfasts are really great and huge. If we go to Zell again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms in the tower, slightly more expensive, but really lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zell (Mosel)
Ringhotel Bomers Mosellandhotel
#1 of 5 in Zell (Mosel)
Moselschloesschen
Moselschloesschen
#1 of 11 in Traben-Trarbach

Been to Hotel Schloss Zell? Share your experiences!