We are a family of 13 who just returned from the resort varying in ages between 10 and 83 years old. There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe our experience! We stayed in deluxe rooms in the Palmeira block which is near to the main building but at the same time not too noisy. The rooms (actually the entire resort) was renovated recently, kept spotless throughout and the beds are very comfortable. The setting is beautiful, although a bit far from the city of Rio. Fortunately we knew that beforehand so we arranged to spend a night in Rio itself and organised a private tour with Daniel from Tours by Locals. Our own "excursion" was a lot cheaper than the Club Med excursion. The amenities are unbelievable - there are even indoor tennis courts and another indoor venue for soccer and other games. The children played soccer, tennis, volley ball, table tennis, used the gym, the Jacuzzi, the sauna, did archery, learnt to water-ski, loved the crazy signs and learning the different South American dances, played waterpolo and basketball in the pool and kayaked on the river. The best of all however is the GO's and their genuine interest in and caring for the guests. We must single out Hendel (the general manager) and Carlos, Bomba, Leo, Jaapa, Pedro, Jesus, Thiagao, Marcelo, Marina, Victor and Faschel (GO's), Lucas and Bruno (chefs) and Juliana and Lucas (waiters). There were many more such as Josie, but they didn't speak English so it wasn't that they weren't helpful - we just couldn't communicate. So please don't believe any bad reviews - this place has been turned around and our only concern is that we've been spoilt forever by this experience! From the South African Family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of Rio de Janeiro, the Village of Rio das Pedras nestles amid lush greenery set at the edge of a long beach in Brazil. The Village's colonial style bungalows mingle in harmony with the surrounding wildlife. The large seafront swimming pool lies next to the restaurant where after a day of water-skiing or excursions, a variety of buffets await you. Here in this unique location, the live music and warmth of the Brazilian welcome will sweep you away into another world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Rio Das Pedras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Rio Das Pedras Hotel Mangaratiba
- Club Med Mangaratiba
- Mangaratiba Club Med
- Club Med Rio Das Pedras Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Mangaratiba