We stayed for a week during low season and got a very good price for a family with two small children. However the club had just been undergoing renovations which had not been finished in time, so the large swimming pool and parts of the common area were a big noisy building site for the entirety of our stay - this was very disappointing and the staff weren't particularly good at dealing with it.
Apart from that, the location is beautiful and conveniently located for Rio de Janeiro. It is the Mata Atlantica, so there is plenty of nature including nice things like birds, butterflies and capibaras but also serious mosquitoes. The beach is steep and not great for small kids as it gets deep quite quickly. You can see oil tankers cruising past daily - the downside of Rio's oil boom.
Guests were mostly Brazilian with some Argentinians mixed in - if you want quiet nights, try and stay at the far end of the resort, near the "quiet" pool. Although most rooms are far enough from the bar/disco area, people walking home past your room in the evening will make a lot of noise.
Staff was largely very nice - typical Club Med style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of Rio de Janeiro, the Village of Rio das Pedras nestles amid lush greenery set at the edge of a long beach in Brazil. The Village's colonial style bungalows mingle in harmony with the surrounding wildlife. The large seafront swimming pool lies next to the restaurant where after a day of water-skiing or excursions, a variety of buffets await you. Here in this unique location, the live music and warmth of the Brazilian welcome will sweep you away into another world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Med Rio Das Pedras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Rio Das Pedras Hotel Mangaratiba
- Club Med Mangaratiba
- Mangaratiba Club Med
- Club Med Rio Das Pedras Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Mangaratiba