“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mangaratiba
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was at Club Med Rio das Pedras for an extended weekend (4 nights)... it was a great experience! I'd like to thank the Chef du Village, Hendel Duplessy for the attention given to us. The GOs were great, and so were the activities. A special thanks to Carol, Alegria, Jesus, Gabi, Miguel, Mariana, the whole bar crew (the drinks were great!). Not a moment of dullness... though we got three days of rain, we were always busy doing something! A great experience with a great team and friends! Thanks again.... Good memories! Till we meet again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I went to club med with my family for 5 days, it was really an excellent experience. People there are very nice and friendly. There are a lot of activities to do during all day, also the food is good, rooms comfortable and for who wants, night club for dancing and enjoy really good drinks. Totally recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mauritzio A
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Well the name is famous
For this reason I expected more about this resort.
The food is very good and has hight quality
The structure is very good but the room is so poor. Some important details have a lot of problem.
I had problem until with my security into the resort. It was the worth think there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Raros2014
Alto Paraiso de Goias, GO
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Club Med real the spirit of us is an amazing resort for individuals and families
the view in the location of the resort is amazing combining river, sea & beautiful nature.
it is the second time we went there.
we are a couple in our 30s within 3 1/2-year-old kid and a year old baby.
in Club Med we can really enjoy while the kids are enjoying the children's club.
the children's club is the most beautiful environment for kids with unbelievable facilities and amazing team.
knowing that our kids are safe and happy give us the space to rest and enjoy all the great activities and values this space have to offer.
in Club Med we learned to water ski, tennis and other cool sports and activities the place has to offer.
in Club Med they never stop to feed you. there is three huge meals a day and in between there is even more food and snacks. the bar is open all the time serving everything you need to be happy.

the team of Club Med will do everything possible to make sure you're happy and feel home!
we really love this place and will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: their different options for rooms it depends on your budget. if your family there is the family ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 13Oryon
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have just spent a week at Club Med, Rio das Pedras. It is quite a journey for South Africans but it is worth it when you get there. Its a beautiful, green, lush setting on the beach. Hendel, the Chief of the Village was the best Chief I have experienced, very friendly with excellent customer service. The resort is older than others I have experienced but the Club Med all inclusive experience is very worth while and excellent value for money. Overall a wonderful week away. (Not much English is spoken but you get to understand what it going on).

Room Tip: Deluxe sea facing rooms was superb.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a review of my stay at the Club Med Rio das Pedras, from 4/13 to 4/19, 2014.

What a pleasure! I had not been to a Club Med in almost 15 years. The last time I'd been to Rio das Pedras was in 1990, with my parents. This time, I visited with my family of four, including a 14 year old boy and a 10 year old girl. We were traveling with additional family, a total of 17 between all adults and kids. We all agreed that we couldn't have had a better experience.
While I had been to a few Club Meds with my parents in the past, all others had not visited Club Med before. I had great memories of my stay in 1990, but was wondering if my experience would be different as an adult. I was wrong, since it was far better.

First of all, Hendel Duplessy, what a host! He was funny, caring, entretaining. When my daughter, niece and nephew would want to show him a "dance" they had made (after the evening show), he would have the lights of the stage turned back on as well as the music, just for them. You don't find that at the Four Seasons! He was interesting to talk to, and provided customer service beyond a five star hotel. He even got us the music for the "crazy signs" dance. Again, I've been to the Ritz and Four Seasons, and the team at Rio das Pedras provided a service beyond what I've experienced at those chains. Hendel runs a well oiled machine.

Our children immediately joined the kid's clubs, which were amazing. Juan and Sucesso (mini club and teenager's GO) were incredible. Always in a good mood, energetic, engaging and keeping them entertained. The kids did not even want to have lunch or dinner with us! They made friends from all over, and experienced activities and fun that was age appropriate for each of them.

As far as my own experience, Japa and Fabiano were truly great tennis GOs. They seemed more than just very nice employees of a resort, more like long time friends. Always in a good mood as well, and teaching with enthusiasm. It is truly your GOs that make the experience, and Rio das Pedras has an amazing team. Belen was super nice and made sure we participated in all activities, and Felipe and Marcelo were lots of fun to be around when water skiing.
The only critique I have, is that the rooms are a bit dated, which is something Club Med is kind of known for. However, we did not care, since we spent very limited time in the rooms. I don't think you go to Club Med expecting "luxurious" accommodations, so you should know that I was not surprised by rooms that needing some "sprucing".
The facilities and cleanliness were spot on. Beyond that, food was very good to excellent, far better than what I've seen at other all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. All our group agreed that we would happily return, or would like to visit another Club Med in the near future. Our children keep saying that this was one of the best vacations they had (and believe me, they have been to many continents and many many great hotels).

Room Tip: If you prefer to have a quiet experience, choose a room near the "quiet pool", no kids bel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank globulillo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for a long weekend at this resort. We are a family with two young kids, so we reserved two ¨quarto deluxe¨ with ocean view. The rooms were not connected. The ocean view had the ¨quit pool¨ (a pool just for adults) in the middle, so what you see was more the pool, than the beach.
The service at the bar was good, the people there was very nice.
There are two restaurants. One who serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the other, ¨Jangada¨ who serves snacks and dinner, but you have to make a reservation. We tried to get a table the day we arrived, but in the front desk they told us it was full for all the weekend, so we didnt have the chance to try it! The service was bad and food was average, they had a lot of choices, but they were not good. I tried a risotto and the rice was undercooked.
The location of this Club Med is really beautiful. However, the beach is steep, not good for the kids.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PauUatSaoPao
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangaratiba
Portobello Resort & Safari
#2 of 13 in Angra Dos Reis
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,386 reviews
Portogalo Suite Hotel
#12 of 13 in Angra Dos Reis

Been to Club Med Rio Das Pedras? Share your experiences!