My wife wanted to spend a day at EL Chante Spa for so long, and we had a wedding in Chapala. So we decided to stay at El Chante “Boutique” Hotel and Spa. We thought that the day after the wedding we could enjoy a spa day. But we were wrong, it was really a nightmare!!!
First of all you cannot make a reservation on their webpage or over the phone. You have to pre-pay for the room with a deposit!!! Isn’t this a serious hotel? Have they heard of internet? Credit cards? Technology? Anyway, I deposited the money and sent an email with the transfer confirmation to the email they gave me. I asked them to confirm the reception of the deposit. They never did, I had to call them to make sure the reservation was confirmed!!
When we got to the hotel we were received and introduced to Corina at the front desk. She offered us the spa’s menu containing all sorts of treatments and massages. My wife, very excited began asking questions about them. But being a keen negotiator, she first asked if there were late check-outs. Corina explained that there were 2 options: if late check-outs were available, we could keep our room as long as we were at treatments or massages; if there were no late check-outs then they could watch for our luggage, lend us some lockers and let us use a bathroom and a shower when needed. My wife agreed to reserve a treatment but we wanted to know if there were late check-outs before planning our next day. Corina told us she had to double check if a late check-out was an option. My wife stated that she would love to enjoy the day at the spa but that it all depended if we could leave the room later. Corina told us she was going to check with the manager and that she would give us a call to the room in a few minutes. That never happened!!!
Anyway we went to the wedding, had the time of our lives, came back to the hotel, slept and on the next morning, my wife woke up excited about her so long dreamed spa day. She immediately phoned the front desk, and again Corina picked up. My wife asked about the late check-out and Corina committed for the second time to give us a call in a few minutes. Corina never called back. My wife was so frustrated. If the managers decided not to give us a late check-out we were still going to do the spa day, we just needed an answer: Yer or No!! Yet Corina kept promising she would double check and give us an answer, and she didn’t!!!
Check-out was at 12:00, we decided to go to the front desk and confront Corina. The late check-out was a Yes or a No?? as simple as that!! She was so obnoxious!!! She didn’t care, she wouldn’t even listen. She just said “I’m sorry, I forgot to call you, but this is your bill” as she handed me the hotel bill. My wife cancelled the treatments she was going to take and we left with the feeling that they wanted us out ASAP. They lost $2,000 - $4,000 in treatments just because Corina didn’t give us an answer.
But the worst part is that the Hotel managers will never notice these big mistakes. As we asked for a complaint form, Corina gave us a used little piece of paper and asked us to write or comments on the back. According to Mexican laws (NOM) the hotel should provide means for a customer to send a complaint directly to the management team. It is obvious that Corina was not going to pass the complaint to her boss, if it was all about her rude attitude and bad service!!!
I would never recommend this Hotel, mi wife waited several months for this weekend. She dreamed with a lovely Sunday filled with relaxing activities; all we got was an expensive bill, a very small room and the worst service ever!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and soothing Lake Chapala, El Chante Spa Hotel—one of very few spots along the Chapala bank that boasts thermal waters—is a true oasis that lives up to its mantra; to inspire health, magic and harmony.This quiet property is more than a small, relaxing hotel. It´s truly a Spa with great rooms and other features that conspire to help guests unwind.The hotel´s 19 guest rooms—most with lake view balconies—are spacious, comfortable, and well equipped.Spa treatment spaces are designed and decorated according to the origin of a particular treatment. Here, guests are transported and truly renewed. The professional Spa staff is continuously trained and offer the utmost quality in service.Public areas are inviting with double lounge beds and gorgeous hand woven hammocks placed around the hotel´s swimming pool. Guests can dine al fresco, under a large pergola or choose Tokal´s cozy indoor seating.El Chante Spa Hotel brings a world-class Spa experience to a charming lake front community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your El Chante Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Chante Hotel Jocotepec
- El Chante Spa Hotel Jocotepec, Mexico - Jalisco