“The Worst part of an Amazing trip” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Flisvos
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Kalamata
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“The Worst part of an Amazing trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were 2 couples, going for a marriage of a good friend of us in Kalamata.
The first bad signal was the terrible wifi connection which was so bad that we could not even to trace the wifi server of the hotel.
The second bad signal was the brown water (mix of dust) in the bathroom which was fortunately fixed the second day.
The biggest issue, was that the window could not close, and we had the pleasure to wake up by the sun at 7.00am after the wedding party.
The ''funny'' thing was the asnwer of the owner of the hotel after our complains: '' I don't care, I knew the problems and I will fix them in the future, no discounts are provided''!!!
Kalamata is a marvellous place, with excellent beaches, amazing landscapes, very good quality of restaurants and nightlife, and traditional villages to explore around the city. We will definitely come again!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with view to the beach are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank francesco w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Researching TripAdvisor before booking a room in Kalamata, I nearly passed Hotel Flisvos over after reading a particularly critical review. But after experiencing the incredibly friendly service consistently delivered by the hotel's staff and a comfortable stay at Hotel Flisvos, I was glad I overlooked the complaints of one customer. The receptionist called me by name even before I identified myself upon checkin, greeting me with a smile and a complete run down of what I would need to settle in. The room was perfect, overlooking the beach, and featured electric shades that darkened the room at night and kept the street noise out, wonderful air conditioning, a comfortable bed the plenty of fluffy pillows, and excellent wifi. It was the perfect place for an overnight stay or an extended visit to the beaches of Kalamata. I would return to Flisvos in a heartbeat and fully recommend it for any type of stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors for a better view of the ocean and to put some distance be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bawstindad
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed one night and was impressed with the exceptional personal service of the male owner who offered to get a set of scales from his home for us to check the weight of our luggage.

Unfortunately, this goodwill was ruined when we checked-in two days later and the owner's wife claimed that the greek writing in the booking sheet said "breakfast not included", but when we got a local to translate it, it actually said "breakfast included". So not only did she LIE to us, she took advantage of our lack of knowledge of the Greek language.

I would give anyone without integrity a very wide berth.

In terms of practical stuff: there's no shower curtain, so water goes everywhere. The air conditioner in our room was broken, as was the door lock.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor front rooms as they have the best views. The thick windows do a good job of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SaracenJones

Travellers are raving about these Kalamata hotels

Corfu Town, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

It's a 2 star hotel renovated just front of kalamata beach. Clean and well decorated rooms. In shower it was missing a curtain to keep water in . Breakfast is continental on buffet style.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Leonidas P
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

That's the best I can say. Nothing bad to say, whatsoever, but I'd be lying if I said it was beyond "just fine", which ain't bad.
Check in wanted to hold I.D., preferably your passpart...no way. Just refuse, I'm not sure if this is common practise through-out Greece, but there is nobody who gets my passport but cops, or customs...ever, full stop.
The room was perfectly clean, the bathroom was large, bright, and clean. The shower was the typical square base, no curtain. It's a trial to use, without making a huge mess, but, meh, it ain't my house, so really, not my problem beyond a wet floor (tile).
There was a refrigirator in the room, and the air conditioner worked very well, but the patio door had to remain closed, or it shut off...fair enough.
The t.v was small, and the remote didn't work, but with only one english channel, I wasn't doing much surfing anyways, lol!
The room itself was a bit bunkerish, smaller, but with high ceilings, so was proportionately somewhat "utility". They tried to "decorate" but, it was pretty tacky, and honestly, it had zero effect on my sleep, and that was what matters to me. I felt safe, I was located directly on the beach (across the street, all hotels are located across the strip). The lobby was very nice, and the lift worked well. I paid 70E/night, sun/mon, late August, for a 2 twin room, Dbl occ., inside balcony, no ocean view (an ally).
I would return, if I was looking to stay on the strip.
Oh yeah, parking is "catch what you can", no fees, anywhere. Directly beside the hotel is a medium sized church arking lot that we used, but I wouldn't on Sunday morning.
There are heaps of restaurants/bars around, take your pick, that is no problem.
Do check out central Kalamata, they're rehabilitating it after the earthquake, and although not complete, it is very impressive, with wide sidewalks, many nice stores and shops, and a great vibe, albeit, not like the strip (more youngin's there).
All in all, enjoy Kalamata, and Flisvos will do nothing to get in your way, if not add to your enjoyment.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple