“Best vacation”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kalamata
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have nothing but the best to say about our stay at Belvedere Hotel in Kalamata. The view from our bedroom was exceptional, the staff was very polite and helpfull. The bedroom was super clean and spacious just like i like it!
The breakfast was also great since there were many local dishes and products which we had never tasted before.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana N

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Selected the Belvedere as a base to explore the Peloponnese and it was a great choice. Situated on a hillside outside Kalamata, this modern stylish hotel has generous sized room and large balconies overlooking the pool area and bay - the perfect place to watch the sunset over Kalamata. The balcony has a table and a couple of chair, plus 2 arm chairs and a coffee table too and there's still loads of space! Inside, the bedrooms and public areas are stylish, uncluttered and clean. We were in room 101, which is the last room at the end of the corridor, so it was quite. Rooms are large have loads of storage space, fridge/mini bar and air-con. We had a large bathroom, which was white and sparkling clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linen crisp. Breakfast was a large selection of hot and cold food from a buffet area overlooking the sea. All the staff we encountered spoke English and when we had a minor problem with Wi-Fi, they were able to talk through the problem and solve it. One thing I feel the need to point out, is that the hotel is out side the centre and up hill (approx. 2km from the edge of the main coastal hotels/bars), so I'd recommend a car. A word of caution to anyone considering booking over a weekend. There were 2 weddings taking place while we were there and the celebrations went on well into the morning, but we were just far enough away for it not to affect us.
We had a great stay there and would go back if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Room 101 is at the end of a corridor and therefore quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cerris1
Reviewed 3 September 2013

it is one of the best views in kalamata. a very nice pool but you are allowed to have your breakfast there!
also the breakfast area is a small place, inside the hotel and the choices you have are really small and mediocre quality.
the suite room is really spacious with two rooms and a huge bed and a huge balcony but once you are in the balcony everyone can see you: it is really bad situated.
a! be aware of the weddings and the baptism fiestas that take place almost every day (especially in august) if you like silence and peace or sleep early.
there is no fitness center so please what under construction means?
either you have it or you do not have it!

Room Tip: if you want privacy: not the suite, everyone watches you
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulGreece
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I love this hotel with a capital Love. Getting there is worth the drive or taxi. From the minute you walk up you know it's going to be a good stay. The staff is amazing. The design of the hotel is awesome and aww inspiring the design flaw is there is only 20 rooms. It was almost sad because we had the hotel with like one other couple. The rooms are big and beautiful huge private balconies for each room. The elevator is all glass and runs very well. They have huge breakfast area and conference room which they don't have enough rooms to fill even with max capacity in my opinion. Every thing was very elegant and organized. They have a cozy little library to relax or nice lounge area. The pool was super duper nice with amazing views. Which is what this hotel is all about Views of Kalamata. I honestly wish I could have changed my trip plans to stay at this hotel longer and I haven't said that about any hotel until now. I can't say enough about the staff, Sophia was especially amazing and I miss her already. Out of all my reviews and picture I hope this one gets to the right people and they make the trip to Kalamata to stay here. It is definitely a hidden Gem. I read some other reviews complaining about dry wall or hole in the walls. The stair case is being remodeled and they were missing some trip and paint. But it's a staircase so who cares most people use the elevator. It was obvious it was be fixed soon. Most of the hotel is in beautiful marble to the floors to the staircase.

Heres what bothers me about the internet. Most sheep like people like myself will go to Paris, Rome, Athens, Vienna when all they have to do is go to Greece. I would trade all my stops on my trip to have just went to Greece. I have had the most epic adventure this last 40 days but would give it all back to have spent all that time in Greece. Greece is the most amazing country i've seen and can't say enough and this hotel is one of the reasons. Please visit the Belvedere if in Greece I swear you won't be disappointed. Once again thanks for taking the time to read this review.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank willieb303
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We only stayed one night at the Belvedere. It is a newly renovated hotel under new management. We were warmly greeted by the reception and our room was top notch, modern and spotless. The bed was incredibly comfortable. My husband did not want to get up to go down to breakfast. We were the only guests, as it was December, but they had a full complement of food for breakfast. We would love to stay again during the high season as it seems to have a very nice pool and balconies for sun bathing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S S
Reviewed 3 November 2012

A newly built hotel overlooking Kalamata bay. Big comfotable rooms with big furnished balcony . Rich brekfast and an amazing poll. Very friendly and helpfull personel. You will enjoy the place and the city best, if you travel with your car.

Room Tip: As we have been said in the receptin all rooms are in the third floor with a balcony overlooking Kal...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael196214
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed here for a family vacation. Nice and new hotel with large, clean and comfortable rooms. The most comfortable bed we slept in our entire Greece trip.

The service was great with plenty of suggestions from the staff on where to go visit.

The pool is amazing with a panoramic view of Kalamata - one of the best in Kalamata.

The food was fantastic with fresh produce.

If you are after a luxury stay, this is definitely a pick.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family