“Oh lord” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Auberge De La Plage
Ranked #3 of 4 Koroni B&B and Inns
“Oh lord”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This is probably the worst run place in the history of the hotel industry. I came for my best friends wedding. They track their reservations on hand written note paper, the complimentary breakfast is slim pickings, they insist on cash only payment, only cleaned my room twice in a 4 day stay, and we had to set up the tables, chairs, and linens for the wedding reception ourselves. They have a downhill trail to the very beautiful and scenic beach...but if you want to sit at the lounge chairs under the provided umbrellas, you have to pay 6€, regardless if you're a hotel guest Every other beach bar in the country doesn't charge occupancy for their chairs/umbrellas but you have to at least purchase one item (no more than 2 or 3 euro for a beverage). It's a group of middle aged brothers that run the hotel...their customer service skills are questionable, at best. The younger generation of the family is a little more accommodating, but not by much more. I'd rather pay more for a different place. I factor in the low cost of the room to the offerings, but one doesn't cancel out the other.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have read many of the negative reviews of this hotel. Truthfully, the reviews are not fair. what do travelers expect when visiting the countryside of any country. Country Inn, and hotels are never at par with major centers. This hotel/inn allows you to quietly escape the hustle and bustle of your stressful daily life. The rooms are clean, the breakfasts are basic but filling. The beach is a 3 minute walk away. Can there be improvements? Yes ( hair dryer and iron in room would be nice ).

Through a family reference and despite negative reviews found here, We booked our wedding reception here. We booked all the entire hotels rooms for our guests. No one had a negative thing to say. Our guests came from around the world, from all walks of life, and commented that the stay was a perfect way to disconnect.

We are very happy with everything and would like to thank Dimitri and his sister Vasiliki for going above and beyond to ensure, not only that the bride and groom would have a special stay/ day, but made sure all hotel guests and all receptions guests enjoyed their moment there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bellingham, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

First, I'll admit it's been a few years since we were there. Traveling with our 2 kids, aged 8 and 15, we were forced to take two room. We arrived in Koroni by chance and didn't have any reservations, and in early August, there is nothing much left. They charged us 90 E/night for each room, no breakfast, and the worst reception of any place we've ever stayed. I am Greek-American, and the reception staff seemed to revel in insulting me and my family at every opportunity, including my balking at the price. They yelled at us about using the air conditioning on a 104 degree day. The room was uninspired. There are far better choices in Koroni, an absolute paradise of a village with wonderful, friendly people. I dream of returning, but there are far better choices. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Koroni hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We arrived at 14:00.The reception was empty.After searching for someone to help us we finally got to our room.The room was dirty and dusty and so was the bathroom.We paid 70 euros a night including a poor breakfast.The only thing worth mentioning in that hotel was the amazing view!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

last year I spend a worthwile period at this hotel and as I saw everything was great!from the time I spend there I can tell with certainty that korwnh at least has become my favourite place and as I call her my 'little paradise' !!!korwnh combines all the kinds of fun..from extreme sports to clubing and peaceful meals!as far as the hotel is concerned, it was absolutely friendy,with a breathless view at all the deep blue and the korwnh,it has access directly to the see as it is barely 50 m from it,its family hospitality is undisputable with excessive characters and as for the staff assessment they are all kindly with not a clue of bad behave...I have many friends who have visited that hotel and their opinion is the same as mine!besides, they have introduced it to me.furthemore, I would also like to add the fact that the hotel is very confident inside and outside as it has and you can have access everywhere and it's only 1km far away from korwnh in a tranquil area.you can really enjoy your baths at this unterminable beach under the hotel..!last but not least, it's worth for one more reason which is the unique traditional food and the fresh fish! really worthwile....

Room Tip: all the rooms have equally a beautiful view!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dhmhtra m
Nicosia, Cyprus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

It's an old hotel with the copper pipes showing on the bathroom walls. The shower was unacceptable and the beds not made. The worst of it all though was the confrontation my boyfriend experienced when he asked for the receipt after he had paid the agreed amount. He was taken down to the restaurant (which they use as an office) and intimidated by both owners to the point where they physically attacked him for insisting on the issuance of the legal receipt. When warned that we would call the police they threatened to say that we had not paid and continued to push and shove and physically threaten my boyfriend. Thankfully my boyfriend was able to hold his own and get out of there without a scratch. It was truly the scariest and most horrifying experience I have ever had at a hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank kyprea3
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel facilities were unacceptable. The service was terrible. The rooms were old. But on top of all that the owners ATTACKED us trying to intimidate when we required the legal receipt. Please do a favor to yourself and stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple