“This must be the best ice cream in the world!”

Slaters Ice-cream Parlour
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Nelson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I know that many ice cream manufacturers claim to make the best ice cream in the world, but I do honestly believe that Slaters ice cream could beat them all. It's so rich & creamy & not watery like a lot of them. Slaters was well known in Nelson when I was a small girl, there was a cafe there, we used to go every Saturday lunchtime for pie & peas & a chocolate nut sundae. Alas times have changed & the cafe is no longer there, Slaters changed hands , but they use the same recipe to make the ice cream. The chocolate nut sundaes are to die for! There are a few small tables if you fancy eating in. The fudge is also good!

2  Thank Elva H
All reviews
"ice cream in the world"
in 4 reviews
"original recipe"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This is the most delicious ice cream I have ever had it is scrumptious and simply every body should have it! When you go here you really have to get vanilla as it is easily the best flavour perhaps bar raspberry ripple !

4  Thank Katrinajnelson
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This ice cream parlor is part of local history, and they are still producing the best ice cream, and that to me means everything.
Slaters Ice Cream Parlor, was always a big treat when I was a child, and the taste was amazing, now that I am older, a trip to Slaters always takes me straight back too my childhood, this is an experience everyone should try, young and old, you will always remember the terrific taste of Slaters Ices.

The staff are lovely and service is second to none, why buy from a supermaket, when this wonderful shop is right on our door step, also watch out for Slaters little ice cream van.

Treat yourselves.