“First time visit. First of many I think!”
Review of The Bay Horse Inn - CLOSED

The Bay Horse Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is in an ideal 'destination pub'. This country inn provides a spacious mix of modern comforts with traditional features and values. Our culinary team have created a selection of menus which reflect the quality and attention to detail that we strive for and you would expect from a top class establishment. Food at The Bay Horse Inn is cooked fresh on the premises here in Roughlee using the finest local ingredients, prepared to the highest of standards, providing the ultimate in gastro dining. Combine all of this with top quality country inn hospitality and you will find The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is the obvious venue for all occasions. We now welcome dogs in our bar and lounge areas.
Burnley, United Kingdom
“First time visit. First of many I think!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I couldn't make up my mind where to go early Saturday night. I checked trip advisor and this place popped up. I took my mother and daughter for a meal going off the reviews. I was not disappointed the staff are very pleasant and welcoming and the place is very nice. The choice of food is good and it's a perfect place for a special meal or just that something a little extra. The little extra is what I was looking for that night! I didn't think it was over priced, sometimes you have to pay a little more, but it was totally worth it. My daughters dessert came out late and they didn't charge; so I saved a bit too!! I can highly recommend this place for a great family meal.

• Visited April 2014

trawden
“Excellent as always 😃”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We have visited the Bay Horse several times now , over Xmas , for the valentines special menu, we've eaten from the lunch time specials and from the main menu and I have to say it has always been excellent! The staff are all wonderful, the food to die for , and the atmosphere perfect!! We just need to try the taster night now which sounds fantastic!!
Well done everyone keep up the good work!! ***HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ***

1 Thank sez23
Preston, United Kingdom
“Dinner at the Bay Horse”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Place and service very good, but food a little pricey and a tendency to have cream based sauces with some of the fish dishes which I think spoils the flavour.

Visited April 2014
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Credit where it's due:)”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our son's booked a table as a surprise for their Mum (after mother’s day to avoid the crush:). We arrived, were warmly greeted and allowed plenty of time to catch up with a welcome relaxing drink. The menu arrived with a great choice and a list of specials that wetted the appetite. The wine list while not extensive is more than adequate and very reasonably priced at around £14.95. The starters arrived just right, not too much and not too little. The mains hit the spot, tasty, piping hot, we got exactly what we ordered and as described on the menu. The staff were attentive without being pushy and professional. The bill came all in at £20 a head including wine, very reasonable and good value. We are very fussy and are usually disappointed but not today, top marks all round. We will certainly return, highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank anthony1705
“Back once more”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to introduce friends to the Bay Horse. Previously we had eaten in the restaurant; today we were in the more informal bar area. The Menus are the same in bar and restaurant. We chose from the day's specials menu, standard menu and lunchtime special menu. All the dishes were excellent. Service was very good and the staff friendly and helpful. If you are recommended to have custard with your sticky toffee pudding, the waitress can be trusted :-) We will return.

Visited April 2014