“First time but will return.”
Review of The Bay Horse Inn - CLOSED

The Bay Horse Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is in an ideal 'destination pub'. This country inn provides a spacious mix of modern comforts with traditional features and values. Our culinary team have created a selection of menus which reflect the quality and attention to detail that we strive for and you would expect from a top class establishment. Food at The Bay Horse Inn is cooked fresh on the premises here in Roughlee using the finest local ingredients, prepared to the highest of standards, providing the ultimate in gastro dining. Combine all of this with top quality country inn hospitality and you will find The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is the obvious venue for all occasions. We now welcome dogs in our bar and lounge areas.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“First time but will return.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went to the Bay Horse for a meal on our wedding anniversary the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful without fussing round us which is something I do not like. The food was excellent I had the "famous steak & kidney pudding" and my wife had loin of cod both meals were excellent & I must admit the famous pudding very nearly beat me & we couldn't manage a sweet after!!! All in all an excellent experience.

skipton
“Very enjoyable first visit.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are regular diners at the Craven Heifer in Kelbrook so we thought we would try The Bay Horse because apparently they are owned by the same people. Four of us went there for lunch today. The decor and layout of the pub reminded me very much of the Craven Heifer and the menu was almost identical except the daily specials which is presented in a picture frame is not included in the lunchtime special price of 2 courses for £11.95. Each meal is individually priced. Nevertheless we were given a very good choice for each course from the ordinary specials menu. We all enjoyed our meal although I would say I don't think the portions are as big as at The Craven Heifer. Same high standard of food, waitress service and decor so we were happy.

Burnley
“Another outstanding meal”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I visited the Bay Horse this evening for a meal. Despite my having to follow a gluten and lactose free diet (my husband can eat anything) we both enjoyed an excellent meal. I had garlic king prawns to start cooked specially to suit my dietary needs followed by duck breast, confit duck leg, green beans, red cabbage, orange sauce and chips. My husband had ham hock terrine followed by steak with all the trimmings. As a truly outstanding touch I had a lovely fruit salad with blackcurrant coulis topped with a sugar caramel shard which the waitress informed me would be complimentary as there wasn't actually anything on the dessert menu suitable for me! Such kindness. Everything was delicious and very well presented and the staff are all very friendly, helpful and professional.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

3 of us were staying in Roughlee earlier this week for two nights. We saw the pub as we came into the village and decided to try it later that evening as it was only a gentle stroll from our accommodation. From our arrival the staff were friendly and efficient. we ordered our food from a fantastic range of choices all of which sounded delicious. When the food arrived it looked amazing, there was plenty on our plates and all freshly made and hot ( plates hot!). We thoroughly enjoyed it. We decided to return the next evening to sample the steak and kidney pudding but only if we made it up Pendle Hill! A decision we didn't regret. A meat filled pudding wrapped in comforting suet pastry and chips to die for - the best I've tasted since I was a child.
Throughout the staff were on hand for requests but didn't 'fuss'. A first class dining experience.

1 Thank tracey w
“Bloody fantastic”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

What can i say absolutely fantastic. We have been to the sister restaraunt the Craven heifer Kelbrook many times and the Bay horse is just as good if not better. We both had the black pudding starter which was very nice then my wife had the salmon with noodles and i had the house burger both of which were well presented and portions were excellent. The transformation of this old pub is exceptional , the staff were great and the service was first class. They have a good selection of beers and wines.This will not be our last visit