“Great xmas party and music night 12th Dec 13”

Fountain Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Barnoldswick
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Comfortable bar and restaurant area.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My second yearly stay at this great dales pub and b and b. Its just as friendly and welcoming and and bistro style menu has been expanded. First night had to do the traditional 'xmas meal' with hats and crackers with family, turkey was moist and lovely. And great atmosphere from the music provided by 'Vicky and the Big Man' 2nd night chose Seabass and King Prawns with coconut, ginger, chilli and lime noodles..really delish..but also tempting was Slow Roasted Belly Pork with Celeriac mash and red wine jus...or howabout a Venison Burger with Vodka Ketchup mmm...intend to eat my way down the menu ! Well done everyone at The Fountain Inn.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

First visit to the Fountain and we were not disappointed. We had trio of fish on mash with veg and steak pie, chips and veg. Both were excellent. My dad said the Trio of fish one of the best he has ever tasted. Great beer and drinks along with great service. This place is a gem!

1  Thank CharTheStar
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We've been to the Fountain twice now, with quite a gap in between visits - and what a difference those few months have made! We didn't have any complaints the first time, but it was nice to see how much busier the place was this time around, and also to note that the already good food has gone up a notch or two in selection and quality.

For the price/quality ratio I think the Fountain is hard to beat, if you're looking for a filling and well prepared lunch or dinner. The service is friendly and efficient, the decor is casual and fun without being fussy, and the cleanliness is excellent.

The food selection is well thought out - not so much on offer that the quality suffers, but enough that they can cater for both meat-eaters and vegetarians who want to try something a bit beyond basic pub fare.

We'll certainly be back, and with less of a gap between visits this time, I hope!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Local pub doing very good food, we have eaten here a dozen times and have always enjoyed our meals, usual pub menu with a specials board. Last visit I had king prawns with garlic and chilli followed by rump steak and my adventurous husband had partridge with pate on a crouton and rabbit 3 ways it was all yummy.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went here with a group of friends early August time. There were 6 of us made to sit round a tiny table. 3 were squashed onto a bench 2 on chairs and I had to pinch a chair from another table and squeeze on the end. Thought this was very strange as there was an empty dining room area with nobody sat in there whilst we were all squashed up! Menu looked lovely, I ordered the steak burger which was delicious, I could not fault it. The only real criticism I have was the waitress. First of all, she wasn't even wearing a uniform so had no idea she even worked there. I felt she was very rude, never said please or thank you, and smirked as you ordered. I felt she looked down on us a bit and it made us all feel very uncomfortable! We were never offered any drinks which resulted in all six of us going to the bar and ordering for ourselves. I ordered a coca cola which cost £2.20 that didn't actually taste of anything. Very over priced for what Peter Kay would call 'rola cola' All in all, food was great! The waitress just ruined it for me by creating an awkward, uncomfortable atmosphere. Maybe a course in customer service and learning basic manners for this girl would be beneficial for the company.

1  Thank Rachel H