“Saturday night visit”

Fountain Inn Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Barnoldswick
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Comfortable bar and restaurant area.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We care here on a Saturday night while visiting the area. I would advise to book as it was very busy and it was soon obvious why. The food was amazing and the portions massive. I thought my nachos starter was more like a main. We had a starter and main each with a bottle of wine and it was £45. Total bargain even at half the portions. Cannot recommend enough

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I used to love coming here for food and drinks but after it changed hands I found that the new staff working behind the bar are incredibly rude. Wont be going again as a result of this.

Fountain_Inn_Barlick, Manager at Fountain Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear this could you possibly enlighten me as to when you were in as this sort of behaviour is unacceptable and in order to deal with the issue I need this information. Look forward to hearing from you & again I can only apologise.

Lynne

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We visited the Fountain on recommendation. Words like 'great service', 'big portions' and 'quirky' were all used. The reviews seemed to back this up.
However we found out that there was new management and the quirkiness had gone.
Ok - but was the food was still good? Was the service still good?
Let me share our experience.
We were a party of 7 ladies here for the weekend. We arrived for our 8pm table and greeted by a very courteous young man. We ordered 4 seabass from the specials board at £12.95. Game pie, veggie burger and lamb shank. When the veggie burger, lamb shank and game pie arrived the big portion comment lived up to the hype. They certainly were big. When the seabass arrived I had to check whether we'd mistakingly ordered a childs portion. It was one slender fillet on a bed of noodles that would not even be considered adequate for a pot noodle. I'm a big fish eater and whenever I order seabass it's always 2 fillets. It was very tasty but very small and not good value.
We mentioned to the staff on collection our plates how we felt.
Then a lady appeared at our table. She didn't introduce herself. She was not wearing a uniform. She said "I believe you've got a problem?" in a very aggressive manner. We calmly explained we weren't happy and didn't think the portion was good value, especially compared to the other dishes. Rather than try to rectify the matter she proceeded to argue with us. She blamed the waitress for not checking during our meal then brought this poor young lady to our table to make her apologise. As they were half portions (more starter size) we offered to pay for 2 but not the 4. Her reply was "You'll pay for 4". There was zero customer service. She didn't try to make it right and just argued and blamed others. Very unprofessional.
I believe the previous manager was very lovely and it was a great dining experience.
However the Fountain is no longer that place. Which is a great shame as it's in a great location, it was clean and the food was delicious.
No doubt the manager will reply to this review. I'm happy to answer any questions for further clarity.

15  Thank Nowlos
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Always found the food and the service to be good. They use a lot of local produce and prices are reasonable. Can be a bit busy in the evening when there is live music on so if you want a quiet meal go early

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Visited for a drink only. It is a really smart place, very welcoming with plenty of seating. The meals looked amazing and customers said they had lovely food. Staff are pleasant and friendly. Next time I visit Barnoldswick I will be eating here.