“Good homely food”

Victoria's Tea Rooms
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brierfield, England, United Kingdom
“Good homely food”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My sister and I both enjoyed our food service was very good and would recommend it to all my friends

• Visited July 2014

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good value for money breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Indoor and outdoor seating. Homemade pies and lasagne and some really tasty salads.

Visited May 2014
Barry
“Good Find on a quick visit to Barnoldswick”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just decided to look in at the market in the square felt like a cup of coffee saw that Victoria's was busy so guessed this was the best place to choose.

The coffe was very good my cake was excellent, the staff very welcoming and very pleasant on taking my order at the table and the speed in which I was served.

Took my time having my snack and coffee catching up on the news with my newspaper so very relaxed.

However, I had not quite finished when I was asked to move as the table was booked for an early lunch and the people had arrived, this was disappointing as I was enjoying the good atmosphere.

I cannot see why the cafe can operate on the first come first to be seated policy so people can enjoy their food etc.

So if you do use Victoria's for your watering hole be prepared to be moved on.

• Visited May 2014
Accrington
“Beautiful, home cooked food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Husband,Mother and I dined here for lunch today. We have been here quite a few times as it is in our home town. Every time i dine here the food is excellent. Fresh, good quality and very reasonably priced. The menu is full with lots of specials available. My favourite thing about this place is the salads and coleslaw. I am always so disappointed when a dish is advertised as having a side salad and out it comes with a bit of limp lettuce and cheap tomatoes. Not so here, The salads are gorgeous with fresh veg and orange,strawberries and kiwi fruit. Today i had the ploughmans special. My plate was full and i mean full of beautiful hand carved ham, pork pie, Lancashire cheese, salad home made chutney, pickled onion and of course the wonderful salad. This was complemented by warm crusty bread. My Mum had the homemade salmon fish cakes which were gorgeous and my husband had the home made lasagna. Again, a very generous portion which was swiftly cleared. We drank the special Lemonade and fresh raspberry refresher which was beautiful. My husband had the blueberry version and i had an ice cream milk shake. My only issue is I never have enough room to try one of the gorgeous looking cakes!! :). This all came to £22.00 which taking into account the freshness and quality is excellent value for money. The Tea room itself is large and very clean with a lovely aspect onto the town square of my gorgeous little town. Long may this cafe stay in Barnoldswick as it is consistently delivers wonderful food and excellent service.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank EG1976
Lancashire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not happy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Ordered a full English when it came its was cold told them about it they took it away and stuck the whole plate in the microwave and pinged it very poor

Visited April 2014