Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
US$141
US$85
PremierInn.com
US$66
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Breakfast included
US$92
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast was buffet stylechristmas partylarge roomfollowing morningstayed for one nighttea and coffeebreakfast was excellentsaturday nightfull englishyogurtextensionsbradfordyorkshiresaltairediscodj
Reviewed 28 May 2012

First thing i would like to say is that the staff at this hotel are really good! They cannot be faulted.

I checked trip advisor before booking this hotel as a KGB deal. The reviews are really good for this place.
What caught my eye was the pictures of the hotel and the rooms. It is described as a country mansion.
The pictures you see are of the front of the hotel which looks lovely.
What they do not show you is that directly to the sides are these REALLY ugly looking concrete block type buildings attached.
That is where your room is going to be.
I assumed that the lovely pictures of the inside of old wood and huge pictures was the main theme for the hotel...
That is just for the reception area and bars etc.

When we checked in there was a school prom going on and it was very very noisy outside. Some lads had hired monster trucks and were blowing there horns etc. Not a good welcome to a peaceful looking hotel.
That said that did quiet down after hour or so.

The room we were in was 231. This was a HUGE dissapointment!!!
The pictures makes the rooms look bigger and nicer. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is the smallest room I have stayed in.. The bed looked big in the picture's, however it was a small double with lamp stands attached either side which made it feel even more cramped.
Seriously a VERY small room. The bathroom was very nice and both this and the room was very clean.
However it was a VERY hot weekend and the room was just too hot most of the time.
The website said AC in the rooms. However this is NOT the case. Reception said some rooms have some sort of air con. Not really good enough.
To make it worse there is a very hot towel rail all around the sink. This CANNOT be turned off.
It keeps the bathroom very hot and even with door shut you can still feel heat in bedroom.
I can't believe that this can't be turned off in each room..
The shower also has a very weak pressure!

On the second night there was a birthday party and wedding going on in hotel.
The noise is shocking. I don't mind some noise at all but it was bad.
The music was blaring loud from the function rooms just by reception. If you walked into hotel; to check in while this was happening you would probably walk out.
I am not exaggerating at all.
Around 10pm they shut the doors to the function rooms which reduced the noise a fair bit.
However I was shocked that even after Midnight you could still here the music and people from the parties outside the front of the hotel. No hotel should allow music to be played in function rooms after around 11pm.
The hotel said that they ask them to turn it down after 11.30. Not good enough that other guests can hear loud music at Midnight.
This hotel let other customers down baldy in this respect I feel. The next day I heard 2 other couples talking about how bad it was with the noise...

Everyone has the own opinions on things and that is fine.
This room we paid £79 for 2 of us for 2 nights with breakfast.
They make out that this is worth up to £300......... Come on when your rooms are smaller than Travelodge! It just was not good enough and the selective photo's used before booking is dissapointing.
If our room was worth so much why were we not in a delux room then?

Even after I have said all this I do want to say once again the staff here are great. Yea they need to control the noise far better, but they were all very polite.

I am sorry to say though that this is one hotel I would not return too myself.
You will need to make up your own mind about this hotel.
I know they are doing some rooms up. As said though if they are making out on KGB our room is worth up to around £300 then this is something seriously wrong.

I know this is a very negative review and I don't like that I felt I needed to write one.
Just was very dissapointed with hotel

3  Thank uk-guy31
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Guest.

Many thanks for your review. Mercure Bradford North is a very busy events hotel and from your feedback I have ensured that future offers through KGB detail when the hotel is at its busiest event wise. If you would like to discuss this with me further then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel on 0844 815 9004.

Regards
Emily Cox

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel over the past 6 years when it was originally a Ramada Jarvis hotel. The rooms are the same, we had a family room with a double and single bed, the bed was rather uncomfortable, but the room was clean and the flat screen tv was good. The shower was rather slow but the bathroom was well prepared with towels and toiletries. The hotel offers very good value for money, I booked on the Mercure website, and they had a special Spring offer of 30% off, so we paid around £45 for bed and breakfast. We stayed two nights but did not try the dinner or bar. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful. The staff in general were all friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ps01273
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear guest

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are proud of our staff and service given and we are pleased to see they excelled again. Please accept our apology about your mattress. We are currently in the process of replacing all our mattresses, many of which have been replaced this week with the remainder being replaced in the Middle of June.

We do have a number of promotions in our restaurant including our Tasty Offer at £20.12 for a 3 course meal and glass of wine or pint of beer, so please give us a try the next time you visit.

We do hope you use our hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
Emily

Reviewed 14 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Have stayed here a couple of time usually wnen the Bingly show is on and it's always busy got a really good deal last time. Staff all very friendly. Had planned on eating in but running late so had room service was pleasantly suprised the food was great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovefoodie666
004ev, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear guest

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are proud of our staff and service given and we are pleased to see they excelled again. We do hope that the next time you visit you do try our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards