“Worse hotel stay ever”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
neath
“Worse hotel stay ever”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The bedroom was clean and tidy,but there were on draws to store smalls ect and I dont like my undies on display.
They were so under staffed,that no-one had time for you and found some to be quite rude e.g..My friend who was sat opposite me was still eating pate on bread and her plate was taken from under her nose and was left holding her food in her hand,the waitress then came over to my side and reached across my plate of food while I was still eating.I did remark how rude I thought she was.
Breakfast was just ok,but when it came to the self service evening meal it was truly something else.
There was nothing I tried that was tasty,it was either raw,over cooked,tough or took on a taste all of its own.Everyone was complaining.
We were in a coach party and stayed from Tuesday till Saturday.
We were treated like second rate people rules for us and rules for others who were day guests.e.g All the people from the coach party were all served from the same pot of coffee or tea,whereas the others had their own tea or coffee pots,and I overheard one of the staff apologising that they were put to sit in with us.
We shall "NEVER" be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: From what I can gather,if you kept your windows open as we did,I was rather noisy,car doors banging...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank verinajohn
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your valued review. We would sincerely like to apologise that you did not feel the hotel matched your expectations. I would like to assure you that we have looked into the issues you have highlighted and taken action. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again when you are in Bingley as I can assure you your enjoyment will be a priority to us, as all guests are.

Regards
Emily Cox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

got an offer with groupon,one night b/b, 3course dinner, for 2 £70 great value,handy for bronte parsanage, would recomend, exellent staff.

Room Tip: if you need to use lift south side is handier
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DOROTHY r
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review! We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My daughters wedding took place on Friday 1st June 2012 at the Mercure Bankfield Hotel. The whole day was very professionally managed. Nothing was to much trouble, especially from Eray, Dean and Will. The food was excellent and the service was first class. I would definatley recommend the Mercure Bankfield Hotel for a wedding reception. The breakfasts for the two mornings i stayed there were superb. Plenty of choice and plenty of it whether it be the hot or cold breakfastor(or both). Mrs Debbie Cooke.

Room Tip: corner suite room (number 129 i think) - may benefit from replacement windows though,
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Debbie C
Dear guest

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are proud of our staff and service given and we are pleased to see they excelled again. We do hope you use our hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I went to this hotel for an overnight visit to take in Bronte Land. The staff were brilliant right from the nice young man on reception who automatically upgraded our room (without being asked) as we had been allocated a double instead of a twin. All round the service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble, rarely do I visit anywhere where the staff volunteer help and assitance as they do at the Mercure Bradford North. Even at breakfast I was offered poached eggs without asking first. A hard working team who certainly do the hotel credit.

Room Tip: We had an executive room was excellent
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
004ev, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear guest

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are proud of our staff and service given and we are pleased to see they excelled again. I will pass your comments on to the team who I am sure will be delighted. We do hope you use our hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this hotel as it was inexpensive and ideally situated en route from Wakefield to Kirby Stephen, Cumbria.

As these reviews are very personal I must state that when setting out I was not expecting a great deal from this hotel as it cost less than £50 for a double room with breakfast. However, I was VERY WRONG and for us the Mecure was FANTASTIC.
Our room was very spacious with a huge bed - it looked the size of 2 x 3' singles joined and it had the most comfy mattress protector. The luxurious type you see advertised in the White Company which made the bed comfy without being soft.
The bathroom was spacious, the shower worked well and had good power and was immaculatley clean. The toiletries were a very pleasant surprise as I expected the usual large bottles stuck to walls but instead found an assortment of travel sized bottles which could be taken with you if unfinished.
The refreshment tray had a great selection with biscuits and more importantly there were spare plugs next to desks where you could boil the kettle. I really hate trying to find spare plugs at floor level to make a cup of tea. WELL DONE MERCURE.
Breakfast was great and had an extensive assortment of fruits, hot buffet and continental meats and cheese and our waiter was delightful.
In fact all the staff, both on checking in and out were very polite, pleasant and efficient.

This hotel also has lovely gardens and is a very popular wedding venue. There was a wedding the evening we arrived so there were a lot of people chatting outside which actually made for a very nice atmoshpere. The staff had taken care to put us in a room away from the wedding area and as a result we were not troubled by noise or anything else.

The hotel is approximately 30 mins drive away from Harrogate and a stone's throw from Saltaire village which was built in the Victorian era by Titus Salt. In all I could not have chosen a better place to stay and can highly recommend it. Next time we're in Yorkshire I will book it again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sian A
004ev, Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your continued support and review! We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel has the nicest staff, very helpful and plesant. They are a credit to the hotel.

When we arrived for our 2 night break via KGB Deals we thought we may have been given a down graded room which we were room 235 with the worst bed I have ever seen in a hotel and I have stayed in many.

However! As soon as i complained we were moved straight away no questions asked and put in room 155 a by far superior room to the first where we had a lovely 2 night break.

Thanks to all staff for making our stay a warm one.

Would i stay here again? Yes!!

• Stayed June 2012

Birmingham UK
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Comfortable well kept, clean and tidy with helpful staff and generally at the high end of a three star rating. The food was well cooked and presented but the service for Dinner was difficult with the waitress making a number of mistakes. The restaurant was rather tatty with furniture with dirty upholstery and no tablecloths so on occassions at breakfast the table was sticky from previous guests. However this hotel offers very reasonable rates comparable to Premier Inn and is better than this. The hotel hosts a lot of functions but the bedrooms are in seperate blocks so no noise/disturbance issues.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for your valued review. I would like to assure you that we have looked into the issues you have highlighted and taken action. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again when you are in Bingley as I can assure you your enjoyment will be a priority to us, as all guests are.

Kind Regards
Emily Cox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#1 of 2 in Shipley
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!