“A lovely place between Shipley and Bingley in a super setting”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We used this Mercure as a base to walk the Worth Way and it was ideal. We had a nice room which was quiet. Good facilities in the room but no safe (we knew this in advance). The room service had forgotton to bring towels and a new hospitality tray and the broadband is show...minor points. We would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
004ev, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your continued support and review! We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I booked a room here last week as I was attending a wedding here. Myself, my partner and 7 month old son - the hotel decided to give us a room which was the furthest room you could get from anywhere - 239 - the lift - for this room you could only go to the 1st floor - not the 2nd floor, which, for a hotel of this many rooms you expect more than 1 lift! so, after getting the lift to the 1st floor, I then had to walk along the corridor and try to lift my pram with baby up quite a large flight of stairs!! Ridiculous, especially as my partner was part of the wedding so I was on my own with the baby a lot of the stay. I then spoke to a young man at reception to ask about the lifts and if their was any more and what I was supposed to do with the pram and baby and he just shrugged his shoulders, smirked and walked off!! Nice - this hotel lacks customer service from it's staff and when I travel up from Cheshire to visit my family again I will NOT be booking this pathetic hotel that only seems to want to cater for the elderly or couples - not families - STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN

Room Tip: Don't book with young children - go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LouandStu

Dear guest
Many thanks for your recent review on our hotel. Due to the hotel being a listed historic building we only have 1 lift as per planning regulations for the age of the building. I am sorry this did not meet your needs. Should you decide to visit us again I would recommend you book a Bronte room or an Executive room if available which are directly outside the lifts.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed here for one night, hotel was nice and the room was brilliant, what a shame the dinner let it down, two roast potatoes that must have been a couple of days old and hardly warm, one parsnip, one carrot, two florets of broccoli and a piece of haddock with a sauce poured over it
Dreadful !!! soup was ok and the dessert was, it took forever to serve. Breakfast was good, so don't know what happened to the chef. wouldn't return there though.
Coach and trip was good

Room Tip: ]Dont have the dinner
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for your valued review. We would sincerely like to apologise that you did not feel the food matched your expectations. I would like to assure you that we have looked into the issue you have highlighted and taken action. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again when you are in Bingley as I can assure you your enjoyment will be a priority to us, as all guests are.

Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Fantastic location, close to everything. The room was stunning and very spacious, I would not have a problem staying in the room for more than a few days as the space and stoge was exceptional. beautiful bathroom and great shower.
The breakfast was also great and plenty of it.
Would not stay anywhere else when visiting Bingley.
Staff all very helpful and smiley. well done!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
004ev, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Great value stay, staff really nice and the room was great too. Breakfast was a good selection of fruit, pastries and full traditional fayre - all served in a really efficient way.

For the price we can't fault it in any way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jules B

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Spent 2 nights there as part of a wedding party (wedding not taking place in hotel).
Well located for Bradford outskirts, pleasing approach, plenty of parking, hotel looked the business. Reception was to some extent confused, as after check in and using room to credit drinks from the bar, there was confusion as to whether we had indeed checked in and were entitled to charge room for drinks.
Characterless in parts, rooms and carpeting in 60's built accomodation wing in need of an uplift. Water flow (cold) terrible in shower and toilet, mattress left a lot to be desired. Dining room ceiling only half painted!
Staff very cheerful and helpful. Food of a fair quality.
Left Mercure to stay in a Travelodge. Different category altogether, but shower and mattress were better and what I would have expected for the Mercure Bradford.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your valued review. We would sincerely like to apologise that you did not feel that some parts of your experience did not match your expectations. I would like to assure you that we have looked into the issues you have highlighted and taken action. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again when you are in Bingley as I can assure you your enjoyment will be a priority to us, as all guests are.

Regards

Reviewed 9 September 2012

used the Hotel as a base for a golf Trip for two nights.
Hotel location provides easy access to both Bradford and the slightly more appealing moorlands and villages to the North and West of Leeds / Bradford.
Hotel check in was efficient staff were helpful and generally pleasant and cheerful. Restaurant was good with a very good buffet breakfast and choice of evening meals. Bar was a little expensive but clearly geared to the 'expenses' drinker. Rooms were comfortable well appointed and clean. Whilst not being outstanding in any respect it certainly ticks most boxes and is ideal for a base in the North West of Bradford.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
004ev, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Emily Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
4 mi away
The Great Victoria Hotel
The Great Victoria Hotel
#15 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!