“Excellent hotel, friendly staff and great value”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at the Bankfield on a Thursday night as a lone female. I had chosen the hotel as it was close to the friend I was meeting and it was much cheaper than the local Premier Inn, £45 per night as opposed to over £70 being demanded by the Premier Inn. I read it was 3 star but only needed somewhere to lay my head so wasn't expecting much. I was surprised on my arrival to find a lovely country house style hotel, which had been extended with 2 modern separate wings. The reception in the old part of the house was staffed by a very friendly and charming man who checked me in quickly and efficiently. The room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the car park and gardens and was very nicely furnished and well equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee (even my favourite earl Grey which I normally have to ask for), flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. I had a super king-size bed and the bathroom was lovely. As a lone female who has been robbed whilst on holiday in the past I was pleased to find a chain on the door as well as the usual lock. The following morning (despite the fact that the roof to the breakfast room sprung a major leak whilst I was having breakfast) I had a fantastic breakfast. buffet style of course but very fresh and tea served by a friendly waiter. The staff remained cheerful in spite of the leak and the fire alarms going off. The receptionist who checked me out, (despite having to tolerate a complaint from a lady who had expected a bell and not a claxon to sound the fire alarm so had not known what to do, picture the scene with the sisters and the fire alarm with Basil Fawlty and you'll get my drift), remained cheerful enough to lend me an umbrella so I could get to my car without getting wet. Excellent value for money and I would definitely go back there, and if this is an example of all Mercure hotels I would definitely seek them out on my travels.
Well done.

Room Tip: Room 251 was a great room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that the room amenities, standards and breakfast all met and exceeded your expectations. I would particularly like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the attitude of the staff, I will ensure this is passed onto the team as I am sure this will act as further encouragement as we continue to seek ways to improve our service and standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Thought this hotel was very good value for money but the drinks in the bar and the evening meal were very expensive and they could do with more staff in the brekfast/dining room also pillows could do with renewing,but overall a very pleasant stay for 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

I would like to assure you that your feedback will be reviewed with the team and further action taken from this feedback to further enhance our service and standards.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night and the stFf were nice but not enough if them. We waited to be served a drink for 10 mins in the bar at about 7.3"0. Until a member of staff appeared... We were toying with the experience of eating there too however have been to Crematoriums with more atmosphere so we decamped to the excellent Valentinos In Bingley.

Breakfast was good and reflected the price however the whole place is in need of a refurb as the staff were dashing around with buckets to abate the gushing leaks that appeared all through the dining room and landing during a torrential rain storm, the bathrooms are tired and do not reflect the quality they could be. All in all nothing to write home about but did the job as a laterooms booking as business in the area had over/ run.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was satisfactory. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the leak in the restaurant during your stay, this was because of an unforeseen problem with the roofing, the staff did their best given the circumstances and the leak has now been fixed, I am sorry this caused an issue during your visit.,

I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the staffing levels, I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and that there was a delay in service. This has been reviewed with the Food and beverage manager and direct action will be taken to ensure a more prompt service in future.

I do hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the near future when I am confident you will experience our usual standard of care, welcome and hospitality.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed in a standard double room. Our whole experience was pretty much standard all round. The room was a little on the small side but it was nice and clean and the corridors smelt fresh which was great.
All the staff were polite and friendly. The breakfast was alright too.
We were hoping to have a romantic weekend but slightly disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear that you found your stay satisfactory. I am disappointed that on this occasion you did not find the stay as romantic as you would have liked and I will of course take this feedback into consideration as we continue to make improvements to our service and standards.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, I will ensure this is fedback to the staff.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights and for the price very good. Rooms quite comfortable. It was very nice to have plugs and with one by a mirror so you could dry your hair - something many hotels fail to do. A special mention for the chef - evening meal very good and so nice to have bread and soup made on site very tasty. A few issues - check your bill carefully. Staff customer care mixed some excellent others terrible

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will ensure your comments are passed onto the Head Chef regarding the quality of the food, this I am sure will be very motivational for the kitchen team.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed 6 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karendbel
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#2 of 3 in Bingley
Midland Hotel
Midland Hotel
#3 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!